Israeli-Palestinian conflict (76 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
ميكائيل بيرك;2638064 said:
That, but I wasn't sure if Ireland deployed forces when the Coalition troops went in.
Doubt it, we have a long standing neutrality policy, although I'm surprised no peacekeepers are in Afghanistan probably because it's still a warzone.

I believe in war for the right reason ad I firmly believe that every man should be held accountable when they support materially a war for the wrong reasons.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Eden Abergil Former IDF Soldier Facebook Photos Cause Outrage

Posing With Blindfolded Palestinians Former IDF Soldier Eden Abergil From Ashrod Posts Photos To Facebook.

A former Israeli female military soldier who posted photos to her Facebook account showing herself posing and smiling with blindfolded Palestinian prisoners is causing outrage in Israel and the Palestinian territories.

Eden Abergil, a recently discharged Israel Defense Forces soldier posted the photos of herself and the blindfolded Palestinian detainees with the following caption accompanying the photo album.

The Army – the best years of my life, posted by a young woman named Eden, from Ashdod, who completed compulsory military service last year.

The pictures, swiftly circulated by Israeli bloggers, include one in which Eden sits on concrete blocks next to a blindfolded Palestinian detainee. A comment posted beneath the picture by one of Eden's friends, notes: "You look sexiest here," to which the former soldier replies: "Yeah I know … I wonder if he's got Facebook! I have to tag him in the picture!"

Source: guardian.co.uk

The IDF has condemned the former posting of the photos by Abergil calling them "shameful behavior."

Israel Defense Forces spokesman Capt. Barak Raz in a written statement said

"In matters of information security aside, we are talking about a serious viloation of the IDF ethical code, and I imagine that if she was on active duty today she would no doubt be court martialled."

Source: cnn.com

But there is not much the IDF can actually do to Eden Abergil. She was apparently discharged a year ago and the IDF has little recourse to discipline a discharged soldier.
Israeli blogger Lisa Goldman contacted the former soldier via Facebook, who replied: "I don't speak to leftists."

Source: haaretz.com

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/eden...er-facebook-photos-cause-outrage-2651215.html

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It is though. I understand that a lot of things happen in the Army, a lot of it documented as photos for the personnels personal amusement/satisfaction. But you don't make that public, it undermines the credibility of the institution. Same goes for the police force. So if someone does bring it out in public by themselves, then it needs to be criticized so that it doesn't happen again.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,716
    Am I the only one that really doesn't see why thats so horrible?

They took some dumb photos and put them on Facebook so what?
    Here are some of the pics:

It would be much more brave to try to do whatever she wants when they can see her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)