• I believe in God and torture can be justified

• I don't believe in God and torture is wrong in all circumstances

• I don't believe in God and torture can be justified

• Only if it involves Mario Balotelli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I disagree with the question/poll format, though. Belief in God, IMO, has nothing to do with this.
Surprisingly, it does. But that's because you see more believers in certain regions and you also see more torture in those same regions. It doesn't necessarily mean however that they think torture is fine because they believe in God. This poll might help answer that question.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Is that a serious question? There have been many religions that condoned torture. In some it was even absolutely necessary.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"Torture is any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions."

There have been tons of religions that sacrificed enemy soldiers.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
When torture and religion come up in one sentence my first thought is about christianity and Spanish inquisition.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Religions don't sacrifice anything. It's the people ;)
Oh realy? On of the most popular religions today, christianity, certainly doesnt have anything against sacrifice, just read the bible. You will have plenty of direct quotes from god himself asking for sacrifices.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
off course but without a gun people won't be able to shoot anyone with a gun
and on topic without religions people won't be able to torture or kill anyone in the name of God
you get my point

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Oh realy? On of the most popular religions today, christianity, certainly doesnt have anything against sacrifice, just read the bible. You will have plenty of direct quotes from god himself asking for sacrifices.
Give me one from the New Testament ;) And people kill each other not just in the name of religion you history loving haters :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)