Is this the year? (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah exactly, we're not playing so well yet we win. But as we have mentioned countless times before, this is Lippi's bad period (September - November) so if we can get points during this period we will be in a perfect position when we start playing well (December).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

People will always say that it's too early to tell but once we wait and see, it will be too late so we might as well speculate right now. :D
Taking away speculation from the forum wouldn't leave much left. Just a bunch of lists, such as: "Name your favourite left-footed right winger in the Premier League"...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Still guys, the goings great.....but i think our defense is quite shaky. And last nite's game was further evidence. We were very scrappy at times. And for years we've had the best defense. I guess thats the problem, its the same defense thats grown old. Ironically, this time around thats our weakest characteristic. Well actually its not ironical, till we actually win the damn thing! :D

Forza Juve

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
We won the League last season, and got to the final of the Champions League. This year everyone pretty much agrees that we've had a good transfer season. No doubt the team is improved from last year. The chances of going one up in Europe aren't that small really.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I was thinking about this yesterday too :D

But i think is too early to think about it. Jeje We have won 9 games from 10 or somehting like that...and it is not coincidence.. What a good record so far!! :)

THis is no coincidence, and infact, is because what we were talking in the summer. Now the team is more complete and is someone fails,,,there is another one to do tyhe back up. Oyr attaking line is just getting better and better..mainly the subs!!.

Last year , when del piero was in his bad days, we didnt had someone to cover his role...and now we have 2 players willing to show what they have!.

Manchester United was unbeatable last year in CL...but with all their god campagn,,were kicked out by real madrid!!.

What i fear most are the knockout stages, because a silly mistake could end in disqualification.
In Serie A, Milan is doing as good as Us...and they will e the real thread again!.

Now, we can just cross fingers ;)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Predictions are not my thing and i almost always get it wrong but this is the best Juve squad since 1996/97
The array of players going forward is definitely better than anyteam in world football and that includes Real Madrid cos we have Dp, Trez, Dv, Miccolli, Nedved and Camo and believe me they can all score goals
Defence is better than most teams in Cl, no we do not play the best football at times but when it gets going its almost impossible to stop as its power football with golas unlike last season when you look at the bench and you see Zalayeta (no offence)

Only bad luck or bad management can stop us imo

Man united are definitely not as strong squad wise, Real Madrid would crumble if they meet us again with a defence worse than last year's
Milan have problems scoring goals
The only team I secretley fear and hope they don't click is actually Bayern as they have quite a squad there

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
    Taking away speculation from the forum wouldn't leave much left. Just a bunch of lists, such as: "Name your favourite left-footed right winger in the Premier League"...
    Indeed, Alan, indeed :D

++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    ah martin, barca had such a perfect record last season in CL but oops zalayeta scored the wonderful goal.. great moments!
    Barcelona had 11 wins and a draw, that's 18+16 points in the group stages, which is pretty amazing. Yes it should be said they were drawn in easy groups all the way through, but winning consistently is really tough. But then we took them out, quite lucky too. :cool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    unlike last season when you look at the bench and you see Zalayeta (no offence)

Only bad luck or bad management can stop us imo

Man united are definitely not as strong squad wise, Real Madrid would crumble if they meet us again with a defence worse than last year's
    Milan have problems scoring goals
    The only team I secretley fear and hope they don't click is actually Bayern as they have quite a squad there

:LOL: Zalayeta!

Harsh but true.

About the luck,, that is what i fear most, because in CL anything can happen..and most of the time i doesnt depend on how good you are...juts how unlucky you are.

Then.. i fear milan because, they ar not a socring machine, but there is a good balance between defence and attack. Sheva and Inzaghi could be deadly,,and wit those guys in the back..well. But at the same time they are too dependant on shev and inzaghi.

Real is again a team to beat. Their attack is deadly, and one thing about real madrid is that the whole team attack..and like to be in the enemy´s side. But thats an advantage for us, as they tend to risk too much. Lately im thinking that Queiroz is assigning some attackers, defensive roles too, im seeing some attackers defending a lot. Maybe its my imagination but well..

Our advantages is that we have very good mids and attackers. Delpiero,Miccoli,Divaio,Nedved,Camo...htis guys in our team are very dangerous and their paces are dealy...while trezeguet is good in definition Our defence is good but rarely we are underperforming more than usual. Buffon seems a little shaky too, but that is mainly because the errors are coming from our defence.Hope that this will change.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Do you think if we get to the final, someone can drug Lippi so he does not get to pick the team and screw up again?
    Seriously this is the most confident i have been of Juventus in 4 or 5 years
    I don';t fear Milan at all because they don't score enough goals compared to the amount of chances they create and i think its very important for them that Inzaghi does not get injured
    Sure they have a magnificent squad of players but imo adding just older players like Pancaro and Cafu to your aging squad was not a evry good idea
    Kaka seems to be okay but I am not buying all the hype , he is good but not that good
    And they always overplay, but the main thing is unlike Real Madrid, if you defend in numbers against Milan , you confues them and they run out of ideas quickly

I would like an injury free zone from January of these players, Dp, Dv , Miccolli, Trez, Nedved (well yellow card free), Maresca, Tudor, Zambrotta, Leggrotaglie, Thuram and most of all Buffon
    Please bugs I know you can read, can you not affect the whole squad this time but if you decide to infect, I hear Chimenti and Iuliano are very juicy

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Kaka seems to be okay but I am not buying all the hype , he is good but not that good
    And they always overplay, but the main thing is unlike Real Madrid, if you defend in numbers against Milan , you confues them and they run out of ideas quickly
    The same here, im not convinced at all of Kaka. OK , we have to accept that he is doing well, but there is too much hype in the media around him,,,and are overrating him a bit. But the guy have talent i have to accept.

Ill wait a season to judge him.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Yes, i think this is the year of the double. LIPPI has it going down. He now has enough players to rotate and still be successful as evident in the past few matches. with the return to form of DP, we are sure in for a treat this season...:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    milan lost 1-0 to Brugges! :LOL: enough said!

Our defence should solidify sooner or later, when Legro returns and gets more experience playing with our team. We do need 1 or 2 new defenders next season though. I trust that Moggi will make the right decisions though :thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
    legro alone is not enough IMO. i know milan lost, but they're unpredictable. i just hate the whole fvcking team. they stole my fav. player from my fav. club, and thats unforgivable.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    The teams I fear are (Serie A:) Milan & Roma and (Champions League:) Real Madrid & Man Utd. But as Denco said, Milan have problems scoring goals and if Sheva or Pippo get injured(or other key players) they are in real trouble. Roma are so much better than last season but ending at 8th last season and and ending 1st this season seems unlikely imo although they have what it takes to win. Real will always be a major threat, but judging by the way we played against them last season and how we started this season, only bad luck can stop us from winning against them. Man U remain a strong side but I hope we meet them and prove who's the best once for all.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Manchester united is having problems with everyone ... and althoughthey keep winning, they are not the same goal machine of last season. But i tink is just a little bad time, they will start to smash teams in any moment.

Real and milan are the big thread. Real attack is extremely dangerous... but this time i think we could handle them again, but it will not be easy.

About Milan, i think this time we have everything we need to send those bastards to the trash can. WE just need to do our game,, and with nedved this time around we could surely make it.

Well, but you know that in CL you need to be lucky to in some way.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    last year we almost did but this year we'll hopefully prove everyone winning the duplet!! i hope this saturday against milan we will show who is the true italy's number one and we will manage to still be undefeated this season. i believe we have the tools to get everything we just need to put them in practice!!

i agree, i think real madrid and manyoo will be the hardest of them all. real madrid can be defeated but it wont be easy, i hope we confront them in the semi finals if we. and them, manage to get there!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I think if we concentrate on giving the subs more time in Serie A and put all our focus on the CL we should do it. The only games we need to win in Serie A are against the big guns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)