Is this the year? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We have 9 points from three games, no other club has 9 points in the first four groups, I expect Real Madrid will by this evening. Still, this campaign has come off to a fabulous start, we're really looking good and with sub par performances and still winning vs Gala and Olympiakos, there's good reason for opimism.

In 95/96, we won ALL our games in the group stage. 18 points!!! We dominated that tournament from start to finish. I can't remember anyone getting all wins until Barcelona copied our feat last year, that's how rare it is to win all the group games. Meanwhile we look really good so far this year, we're halfway there now.

Is this the year we're gonna really prove to everyone what Juve is really made of? :extatic::strong::star:

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
i think we already proved what Juve is made of last season.... but this time its gonna be one better.

I certainly hope so. But we need to sign a good defender during the transfer window.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
with sub par performances and still winning vs Gala and Olympiakos, there's good reason for opimism.
Really? Hmm I guess people think differently. I don't think it's a good sign, because we can't be expected to keep underperforming but getting results. I think comfortable wins are a key to a good season.

With regards to the question in general, I think we can really do it, as long as we don't pick up injuries to too many key players simultaneously. I don't know why everyone is underrating us this season. We reached the CL final last seasons, and this time we've got a much deeper squad, and we've started better than we did last season.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Really? Hmm I guess people think differently. I don't think it's a good sign, because we can't be expected to keep underperforming but getting results. I think comfortable wins are a key to a good season.
    That's sorta the point here, if we can underperform and still win, then we should be able to win playing well, which is an assumption.. incidentally, that's what Real Madrid have been doing the past few years, winning on form and off form. :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

That's sorta the point here, if we can underperform and still win, then we should be able to win playing well, which is an assumption.. incidentally, that's what Real Madrid have been doing the past few years, winning on form and off form. :)
    I guess u can look at it both ways. I was just thinking that it'd probably be a better sign if we were winning every match comfortably... ;)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I think we stand a great chance this season. We've got a great squad and we've been getting all the necessary points thus far.

We've had great games, and some which were ....... not good, but we did win them...... so assuming we won't do much worse that we already have. I think that this could well be the season for us, but the 3 things that will be the biggest decider are injuries, suspension and Lippi.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I guess u can look at it both ways. I was just thinking that it'd probably be a better sign if we were winning every match comfortably... ;)
    No, cause then I would say some way down the road we'll lose form and start getting draws ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

No, cause then I would say some way down the road we'll lose form and start getting draws ;)
    If we're playing well, maybe a drop in form will result in playing a bit worse, but still winning, as you were describing before :p It's a step up, admit it :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, its wayyy too early to say nething about it just yet. Lets not forget the winter break. And what happens once thats over. The fluctuations in form are quite drastic. However, there is no reason why we cant be considered favourites with the way we're playing now. So far so good. Lets hope it stays that way. :thumb:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Well, its wayyy too early to say nething about it just yet. Lets not forget the winter break. And what happens once thats over. The fluctuations in form are quite drastic. However, there is no reason why we cant be considered favourites with the way we're playing now. So far so good. Lets hope it stays that way. :thumb:
    People will always say that it's too early to tell but once we wait and see, it will be too late so we might as well speculate right now. :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    I was up to open a topic similar to this one :thumb:
    Of course is too early to see how this year is going to end, but we look unstoppable!!! :strong:
    Never we started so good... 5 win and just one draw in the first 6 matches in serie A and an almost sure quilify in the CL.
    And also ouers attakking flare is amazing... statistic says that to see a Juve so prolific like this one we have to go back to Sivori and Charles ages. I am so positive about this year! :extatic:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Unless we shore up our defence and Buffon gets his head out of his azz, then Juve won't win anything.
    Well if we start to deconcentrate a bit while winning 3-0 or 4-0 it's normal...
    Maybe they get bored :confused:
    IMO both Buffon and the defence are working well... is just a concentration problem when we are winning very largely...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Unless we shore up our defence and Buffon gets his head out of his azz, then Juve won't win anything.
    I thought he was ok. The only 1 time when i thought he was bad was when camo had to clear the ball for him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Well if we start to deconcentrate a bit while winning 3-0 or 4-0 it's normal...
    Maybe they get bored :confused:
    IMO both Buffon and the defence are working well... is just a concentration problem when we are winning very largely...

And that's the type of mentality that they cannot have against a ManU, Milan, Real Madrid. If they fall into that trap, they'll get killed.

Hey Mate, can't wait for this sunday's game.

I get to watch Juve and Robi at the same time.:touched:

Perfect Score 3-1 Juve, but Robi Scores for Brescia.

I'm going to tape it, it may be the last time I get to see him play.

mate

Aug 28, 2002

And that's the type of mentality that they cannot have against a ManU, Milan, Real Madrid. If they fall into that trap, they'll get killed.

Hey Mate, can't wait for this sunday's game.

I get to watch Juve and Robi at the same time.:touched:

Perfect Score 3-1 Juve, but Robi Scores for Brescia.

I'm going to tape it, it may be the last time I get to see him play.
    Yep is true, but I trust those guys, they have plenty of experience so they will not loose concentration if they will playing with a big team or if they will be winning with just one goal of difference :) On the 4-0 is normal to relax a bit....

It's soffering to see Juve vs Roby but yes the best is Juve to win and Roby to schine, entratein us and possibly score ;)
    Maybe I'm going to Turin, but I'm not sure yet....

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    We can see that the boys are capable of winning anything they want if they take the games seriously and concentrate hard all the way. Yup! the key is mentality.

Aug 1, 2003
    oh lippi said they didn't lack concentration when they were 3-0 and 4-0 up against ancona and sociedad though i doubt that.. haha

i certainly hope this year will be THE year, but i'd have to judge with how we deal with the big teams (ehem, milan in two weeks! die rossoneri die die!)

ah martin, barca had such a perfect record last season in CL but oops zalayeta scored the wonderful goal.. great moments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)