Is this team stronger than last year (1 Viewer)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I think this years team is stronger. Person for person it is very close, but we didn't really loose anyone significant but we added the best young player in all of Serie A last year. If you look at it from a health standpoint, we are adding a lot

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
To answer the question I would say a most definite YES :extatic:.

However I would still like to see some additions, I reckon Inter lost the title last year not us win it. Because of Salas's injury we relied on DP and Trez to heavily. Yes Zala looks better this year but if one of our stikers gets a serious injury we would be a bit thin up front especially if we want to compete in all competitions this season. I also think our mid needs more of an attacking attitude that being said I dont know to much about this guy Camoranesi, is he any good?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I'm not too fond of Camoranesi either....I think our team is the same as last year - pehaps a tad stronger with Brighi and Salas returning but not much...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That's true but it doesn't make a big difference with last year, does it?

Anyway - this way we've got a real close team where all players are familiar with eachother! A very good thing IMO!

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
I think this team stronger than last year a little bit ...
however, others team like Rome, Inter, Milan...etc now are so stronger than last year...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juv_10 ] ++
I think this team stronger than last year a little bit ...
however, others team like Rome, Inter, Milan...etc now are so stronger than last year...
I disagree. Roma and Milan bought players, but they didn't buy the players that they needed. Inter may have bought the final piece to their puzzle, or maybe they just bought a one more talent that will ultimately come up short. Only time will tell.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I disagree. Roma and Milan bought players, but they didn't buy the players that they needed. Inter may have bought the final piece to their puzzle, or maybe they just bought a one more talent that will ultimately come up short. Only time will tell.
My sentiments exactly

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I don't know how having the same players of last season somehow makes for a better squad.

The players that are mentioned that were injured like Tudor, Montero etc are no guaranteed to be injury free and besides Montero had his fair share of play time.

As far as i am concerned it is still the same as last year and the only way to improve the squad is to add to the attacking options which we have not done, address our lack of creativity which we have not done.

Injuries i am afraid will happen to every tema you just have to hope it doesn't affect your key players at the wrong time and if it does, only players of like qualities or just a notch lower will suffice.

If Dp get s injured we are f**ked big time as no replacement either in change of the way we play or suitable alternative or who repalces Nedved if he picks up an injury

Has the left back being sorted? Have we bought anyone with pace?

Except I am missing something here, how exactly did the squad improve? Its no as though we were the best in the land ,the last time around, and only a few tinkerings were required

But only time will tell which means that we have to win the scudetto, win the coppa Italiaa and qualify for the quaters at least of Cl ,if not ,then we have our answer

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I agree with Denco, we haven't improved at all, we're almost the same team as last year. Just look at this:

We received: Chimenti, Fresi, Gastaldello, Moretti, Blasi, Marco Brighi, Baiocco, Camoranesi, Miccoli plus Matteo Brighi, Zanchi, Baccin, and M. Vieri who returned from loan.

We lost:paramatti, Maresca, Gasbarroni plus Carini, Frara, Miccoli, M.Vieri, Pericard, Guzman, Amoruso and Sculli who were sent on loan.

We may have received more players than we lost, but the ones we lost were imo better than the newcomers. Players like Carini, Maresca and Amoruso proved that they were good enough last season, (well, maybe not Maresca, but he still proved his talent)but I have little doubts if the new ones will turn out to be as good or better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)