Is this team stronger than last year (1 Viewer)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
We lost

Carini...can't remember him playing many important matches

Maresca...played a little bit but was hardly amazing. He could'nt beat out Tacch or Conte for a starting spot.

Amoruso...except for his fantom dive in the CL agaisnt Celtic, I can't remember him doing anything. He played 15 matches and scored once, from the penalthy spot. Yawn...

Paramatti is no where near Juve quality and loosing him will make us betetr actually.

Gasbarroni, Frara, Miccoli, Vieri, Pericard, Guzman, Sculli didn't do anything last year.

We added
Chimenti who isn't as good as Carini but it shouldn't matter. Fersi is a good backup defender, Moretti is a youngster with a lot of promise who should get some early playing time, Baicco who sould do at least as good as Maresca did last year, Camoranesi who is an interesting winger, and Brighi who was the best youngester in all of Serie A last year.

Overall, we didn't sell anyone of any significance (all our significant players who left were via loan) and we added a few good squad players with some upside.

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Still the same as last year, Moretti was voted the worst defender in seria by Calcio2002, hardly promising, Baiocco is no where as good as Maresca as far as talent goes, not in Tacchinardi's class either and thats not saying much for him and no way is he as good as Conte, Fresi an unnecessary buy, what exactly does he bring that is different from what we already have and that leaves Brighi the next big thing, good prospect but unproven at the very top and Camoranesi an interesting player and an alternative to Zambrotta.

I wonder how many ppl on here actually saw enuff of verona, perugia, bologna and fiorentina to say how good these players really are.

I am very happy to be wrong but in my heart of hearts, don't see anything substantially different from last season's squad so no improvements

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Is Real Madrid better then us? I suppose they probably are. But if we were drawn into a group last year with Porto, SParta Prague and Panathinaikos, I have full confidnce that we would have advanced. This also ties into my theory about the CL being more random then league play, much of it comes down to luck of the draw.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Obviously you have forgotten how we came last against the said Panathinaikos, Hamburg and Depor or was that luck of the draw as well

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
actually probably a little "de-"provement.:D

baiocco will hardly make an impact,probably even less than maresca did...
most of our new players will hardly feature,except for brighi.only a little improvement there considering tacchi,conte and davids are very good already.moretti and camoranesi...this is where we will proobably be let down,this is where will probably wish we never had let pessotto and zamby go to the wc the most.so i dunno how there can be a genuine improvement judging on the injuries and current buys so far.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
That was a different team though...
Always excuses, if its not this, its injuries, except for the obvious which is we are not as talented as Europe's elite.

Has Real Madrid improved their squad? No, why because its the same as last season's so how is it stronger, talk less of our squad, just adding bodies does not make you stronger it just adds bodies

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
My point is that if last year our second group was Sparta Prauge, Porto and Panathinaikos we more then likley would have advanced to the quarter finals. I think we could have managed enough points from those 3 teams to get through, we did manage 7 points in a group where all 3 teams were better then the ones listed above.

As for Moretti and Camoransi, Zambrotta is due back in mid Sept and Pessotto is set to come back in Oct, so I don't think we will miss then too much. Its not like we had a choice to let them play in the WC or not.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Pesotto did not play in the wc and how many juve players were involved in the quarter finals of the wc, none.

To win big tournaments, you need big individuals in crucial areas, something i feel this squad has lacked in years now. No need to have Zz and no supporting cast or now have a solid team but no creativity

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Players are completely different for their NT's than for club, you can't compare them. [/QUOTE
]

Okay yes that is true but it still indicates that we don't have great individuals apleanty who can win matches on their own and we still will not beat the big boys imo

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
]Okay yes that is true but it still indicates that we don't have great individuals apleanty who can win matches on their own and we still will not beat the big boys imo
Just because we don't have plyers who are the top player on their NT, doesn't mean that we can't beat big teams. I can't follow that logic.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well my friend who have we beaten, friemdly or otherwise, i dont know why you feel for some reason having a compact team will ever win you cl or wc, it will not, you need the individuals, its been shown time and time again

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Apart from Dp, noone will score a great individual goal on a regular basis. Trez is totally reliant on good team mates and Brighi is unproven

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I still don't see how that makes Real better than us. [/QUOTE
]

Put your contacts on:D

Real have won the champions league 3 times in 5 years and you cannot see how they are better. They will beat any team you put in front of them in Europe and you still you cannot see it.

We on the other hand won scudetto because basically we had the easiest run to the championship, Inter threw away 6 point lead with 3 matches to go, we were woeful against Depor away and Leverkusen away

Real madrid on their bench munitis, savio, mcmanaman, celades, guti, geremi and flavio

have figo, raul, zidane, helguera, makelele, Morientes, carlos and salgado in their starting line up but somehow we have a better team

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Put your contacts on:D

Real have won the champions league 3 times in 5 years and you cannot see how they are better. They will beat any team you put in front of them in Europe and you still you cannot see it.

We on the other hand won scudetto because basically we had the easiest run to the championship, Inter threw away 6 point lead with 3 matches to go, we were woeful against Depor away and Leverkusen away

Real madrid on their bench munitis, savio, mcmanaman, celades, guti, geremi and flavio

have figo, raul, zidane, helguera, makelele, Morientes, carlos and salgado in their starting line up but somehow we have a better team
See mate, now you've finally told me what I was asking the whole time. Just 'cause Real have a lot of great players and have had recent success in europe, you think that they are better than Juve. My thouhgt is that Juve is a better team because we have more fight, more guts, more force. Real have more skill, more talent, more ability. For me guts and fight count more, for you, skill and talent count more.

This year's CL will prove whois the more right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)