Is the Italian league still the best (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Why has Italian club football gone down in the past few years? well it seems 2 me that winning the serie A is more important 2 italian teams than the CL cos of Pride. yes serie A has the highest number of world class players and players that play with their national team. b4 all the world class players were spread out to 6-8 teams in the serie A. now they are spread out to 4-6 teams. this makes the 4-6 teams much stronger and capable of european success. i predict this years CL is 4 an italian team. this year 4 of italys best teams are participating, that is if they qualify. i believe juve and inter are the italian teams 2 beat this year, hoping ronaldo stays!!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    The reason Italian teams ahve not won Cl is because they are not good enough plain and simple.

How do you explain years of Italian dominance in Europe, the seriea wasn't a thing of pride to win?

World class players in 8 teams and now 6 teams, please tell me who these world class players are in the 5th and 6th teams

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    oh come on.blaming the refs will only draw criticism that we do not try hard enough ourselves.we do have the players to win.which other league has a strikeforce of trezeguet,vieri, shevchenko,ronaldo,batistuta, del piero and crespo?and defenders like nesta,maldini,cannavaro,thuram,cafu, and coco?and mids like rui costa, totti,davids, nedved and zanetti?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I fail to understand what the fuss is all about... who cares if La Serie A is the best league in Europe as long as it's the most exciting (which it is IMO)?

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    I fail to understand what the fuss is all about... who cares if La Serie A is the best league in Europe as long as it's the most exciting (which it is IMO)?
    i dont really care too...but IMHO, La Liga is a bit more entertaining ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I find the EPL and the Eredivisie more entertaining than La Liga to be honest but prefer SerieA over all of them with the Eredivisie coming in close second - mainly because I know all the teams in those divisions, don't know....

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Why do you think that? [/QUOTE]

because it is the easiest truth

but honestly it is
    because Italian Team play to chicken
    and focus and the result

instead of focussing and playing a good game

If you always think of the CL group as a chess game and that if we tie Real Madrid away we might only have to win this game etc....

the player get chocked when their masterplan gets tainted by an unpredictable

Sparta PRauge or whatever.........

Truth is ITalian COaches only try to win each game with a minimum use of energy.

They are being stingy.......
    with the line ups and with the performances
    saving every player for the leaugue......

This comes back to haunt you

You have to play each games as if it would be your last.......

That is the way one has to perform if they want to win in Europe

soon Italy will lose the 4th CL spot if we don't get a team in the final in the UEFA or the CL this year..........

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    Now if you said referees are biased against Italian teams because the crowd attendances are poor in Italy compared to other countries and this allows Uefa not to make money, then i might believe you.

But you are right, Italian coaches do want to win matches with the minimum amount of effort and thats very frustrating for the viewing public and you are also right Italy will soon lose its spot to Germany if they keep misfiring in Europe

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    I find the EPL and the Eredivisie more entertaining than La Liga to be honest but prefer SerieA over all of them with the Eredivisie coming in close second - mainly because I know all the teams in those divisions, don't know....
    I suggest in future that you should look out for Barcelona vs Depo, watch Real Madrid, Celta Vigo, I don't really like Valencia but they are alright.

Just sit down for 90 minutes no distraction and watch these teams believe me you will change your tune

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I might do that if there were any possible way for me to watch Spanish football... :groan:

It's just that I tend to prefer watching teams I really know the players in..! :) In Spain I know Barca, Real and to a lesser extend Valencia and Deportivo but that's it...

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    I saw real vs Depor and for 45 miniutes it was football made in heaven

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    And funny enough Celta Vigo might be the most entertaining with players like Alexander "the great" Mostovoi, Wagner and Gustavo Lopez to name a few

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    He is a Brazilian midfielder lwho is very good at holding the midfield going forward and he has a great shot on him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)