Is our transfer system wrong? (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Let's see some players from our golden years of 1995-1999.

Montero: came from atalanta
Birindelli: came from Empoli
Pessotto: came from Torino
Zambrotta: came from Bari
Dp: came from Padova
Peruzzi: came from Roma
Vieri: came from atalanta
Di Livio: came from Padova
Ravanelli: came from reginna if I remember well

All these players came without much money and they turned into great champions.With those our team played the best football in europe.But after this era we started to spend millions without being that good in Europe.Now with Capello we continue that.We buy only famous-made-expensive players and we loan/don't give chances to our young players.Imo if we don't succed in Europe this year we must not buy big names next summer.Let's buy many young players(who capello thinks have talent) and give them chances to build our empire again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
actually i agree , i think the players we have now are a solid base to build a team on for the coming years.As i think about it players like canna,zambro, emo,paddy,gigi... are goin to stay for a few more years and hence we can build a younger team around them

The problem is with bringing in young players is that , they may not bring in the wins or cups....So thats the only problem, we the fans and even the board will need alot of patience for this project to succeeed

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
This again underlines my critisism of the past 12 months. Signing world stars as Emerson and Vieira is very good in the short term, but you also need to sign relatively unknown players like Zambrotta and Montero who will stay with the club for many years. Ibrahimovic was the exception, he did cost a lot but he had never played in a big competition before joining us.

Moggi's excellent transfer negotiations have prevented us from going into financial problems.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
This again underlines my critisism of the past 12 months. Signing world stars as Emerson and Vieira is very good in the short term, but you also need to sign relatively unknown players like Zambrotta and Montero who will stay with the club for many years. Ibrahimovic was the exception, he did cost a lot but he had never played in a big competition before joining us.

Moggi's excellent transfer negotiations have prevented us from going into financial problems.
Which also explains y I'm not so happy about the Vieira deal. Sure he is a good player with good passing ability and such, but there r plenty of these players around. I proposed of developing Maresca into a partner for Emerson, but too bad that notion went up to smoke since he went to Sevilla.

And another which I want to bring up is the youth players policy. We buy them and we loan them, and how many return to play with us actually? This is also y I'm sceptical about youths coming in. If they r sold I'm not really surprised.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
looking on the good side of the thing we have many young players on loan and if any of them become good they'll be back in juve no need to put to the test!

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
Agree. The wort part of Juve's transfer-system is the way of treating young players. How much would I have wished, that Enzino can prove himself, the same with Chiellini (let's wait on that one), etc...

No question about it: Viera and Emerson are great and experienced players. But as some others already mentioned: Millions float into transfers that "only" help us on relatively short terms. The recruiting of players who become stars in the Juve-jersey is long over and gone, or so it seems.
Of course a change of our present transfer-policy would demand a great amount of patience and positive thinking of us all - how many bianconeri would cry for "transfer-bombs" when the success doesn't come at once?

My opinion: Bring in young, talented, italian players and take your time to build a great team around the experienced stars we allready have.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
Well everyone now is arguing that Juventus is not nurishing the young talents! Blasi was given a chance last year and he flopped it! Juventus management and us (the supporters) are not patient at all! we want results right away, and if the results don't come we will nag about not spending much! you can only achieve results streight away if you splash the money for established stars!

Juventus still buys relatively unknown players like the case with Camoranesi & Olivera (Camo is already established, but lets hope Olvera shines as well)

tassard mentioned alot of players who came for cheap back in that era, but he also failed to mention some of the stars who we paid alot for! Baggio & Vialli mainly! you do need the young talents but you also need the skilled players from time to time!

My only concern is why don't the youngsters who we get develop to become good players!

Miccoli, Maresca & Blasi!?

i wonder if we had bought cassano instead of Roma would he have developed to the player that he is? or would he have become a second string striker like Miccoli is right now!

Aug 26, 2003
it is very difficult i think a good mix of some young players but also experienced and older players are the right way! with only young guys you can't CL!

I am happy that we signed a player like Vieira because he is without a doubt a great champion. But i think with keeping Maresca or Appiah we would have done also good but thats the decision of management and Coach! But on the other hand i think the whole juve team wants to win the CL again and therefor they want to have short term succes and not just over years!

All in all i think our transfer policy is ok we have done some excellent things but some that were not that brilliant. But again the time will come where we will use/buy some "no name" - no star players because players like Nedved, Del Piero won't play that long anymore!

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
Balzaretti, Chiellini, Kapo, Gladstone were all the types of signings you mentioned and add to them players like:
Zebina, Giannicheda, Kovac and Mutu that came here for free. I don't think our transfer system is in any sort of crisis.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++

Balzaretti, Chiellini, Kapo, Gladstone were all the types of signings you mentioned and add to them players like:
Yes they were but what we need to take into consideration is how many of these signings actually end up getting a real chance. Kapo showed a lot of promise prior to his switch to Turin but what happened when he arrived? He hardly got a game. Most of the young upcoming prospects we sign these days are either loaned out or used as pawns in player exchange deals.

OP
tassard

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    Ok we are winning but we must spend much money every year.And we win only in Italy

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    Ok we are winning but we must spend much money every year.And we win only in Italy
    So you're saying that signing unknown footballers for cheap, rather than world-renowned ones who gurantee success, is the only way to win the champions league? :undecide:

Oh, and the sale of DP jersies (sp?) would cover most of the costs.. :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Well big name signing does boost our club's popularity and our fans' satisfaction. Gives a bit of mental edge also when you have world renown players at the team. Although Big Names definately aren't the biggest factor in winnning.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    it's true that juventus were known for signing unknown youngsters and turn them into stars but even in these "golden years" we see juve bring someone like zidane an already established player in france, italy's golden boy back then baggio (as KeNgO mentioned), even inzaghi was the league top scorer the year before he signed us...and the list goes on.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    juventus dont have anyone in their squad who's been a juventus player throughout his life.someone who's been with us through the academies n all.
    even del piero was bought from padova and then turned into the icon that he is.

i wish we'd get some player from our academy who goes on to become a club legend.not having a legend who's been with us from the very start of his career is something that bothers me to an extenet.
    i wish we find someone like maldini is for milan,raul is for madrid,beckham(was) for man utd.
    someone who isnt bought from another club,but someone who's been with us from the very start.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
    Zebina, Giannicheda, Kovac and Mutu that came here for free. I don't think our transfer system is in any sort of crisis.
    Actually Balzaretti and Kapo were also free players. You need to find a good balance between signing galactico's, free/cheap backup players and young talents. At the moment the free 30-year olds represent the largest group, which isn't good in the long run.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    Let's see some players from our golden years of 1995-1999.

Montero: came from atalanta
    Birindelli: came from Empoli
    Pessotto: came from Torino
    Zambrotta: came from Bari
    Dp: came from Padova
    Peruzzi: came from Roma
    Vieri: came from atalanta
    Di Livio: came from Padova
    Ravanelli: came from reginna if I remember well

All these players came without much money and they turned into great champions.With those our team played the best football in europe.But after this era we started to spend millions without being that good in Europe.Now with Capello we continue that.We buy only famous-made-expensive players and we loan/don't give chances to our young players.Imo if we don't succed in Europe this year we must not buy big names next summer.Let's buy many young players(who capello thinks have talent) and give them chances to build our empire again.
    1. You can't really compare the prices, since nowadays players cost much more than they did before.

2. You didn't mentions any superstars that Juventus bought for building that era, most notably Vialli

3. Some of those players you mentioned were relatively expensive, Zambrotta for example wasn't cheap, can't remember Peruzzi being cheap either.

Besides, Juve haven't forgot youngsters either. You can easily compare those players you mentioned to the players Juve bought just recently. Appiah, Miccoli, Blasi, Olivera, Maresca, Camoranesi, Kapo, Athirson, Sculli, Oliseh etc. Many of those players just didn't make it through, but few did. Everyone did got their chances, but unfortunately most of them probably just weren't good enough, didn't impress the triade, coaches and manager, so they were naturally getting rid of later on. And naturally you forgot, or more probably your just ignorant about the wasted talents Juve bought and later sold before and in that era. Everyone can't make it to the top.

And what the hell is all this complaining about buying expensive players anyway?! Why on Earth should Juve bring unproven players to squad when they are aiming to win Champions league? What more could these young lads add to squad comparing for example to Vieira? Capello's contract runs only two more years and of course he's trying to concretely firm his place as a legend by winning CL and other major trophies.

Juve is still the most financially sound organisation in football, no need to worry. Their staff know their business much better than you, and they've proved it. I say shut up and enjoy the ride instead of whining all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)