Is our transfer system wrong? (1 Viewer)

OP
tassard

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    Come on Errka.We are not so efficient in Europe.We have great players only to win the scudetto?

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    remember thats its very hard to win the champions league.. but if we dont win it i would only blame capello for the loss of that im sure with thae players juve have got this year either starting or subsitutes lippi would've won all 3 cups together im sure

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
    I think so too...Lippi is more of a juventini than capello. Still I think that with the big signings politic, we´re buying great players who will play good football. But they are not identified with our shirt, they don´t love the team...so eventually they would leave us for more money.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    Come on Errka.We are not so efficient in Europe.We have great players only to win the scudetto?
    :wth: Juve aren't efficient in Europe? Just in the past 10 years Juve has played in CL-final 4 times, more than anyone else!! Yes, they've won the competition only once during that time, but so what, that fact doesn't mean that they have been bad. Juve have been extremely unlucky though, one can easily claim that Nedved's suspension for example cost them one victory. The games against Dortmund and Real Madrid should have been won too, but that's another case... Anyway, claiming that Juve isn't a major force in European competitions is just hilarious.

What is your point anyway? What, you honestly think that buying unproven players from lowly Serie A or Serie B teams would boost the fortunes of this club when it comes to winning Champions League? Get real.

++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
    I think so too...Lippi is more of a juventini than capello. Still I think that with the big signings politic, we´re buying great players who will play good football. But they are not identified with our shirt, they don´t love the team...so eventually they would leave us for more money.
    At first I've got to say that I don't think that Lippi is schizophrenic. ;)

Juventus has their unique identity, their società is incredibly strict and peculiar, and through the years one can easily see how some of the most brilliant individuals grew tightly into it, while the others were just hanging on to it because they knew that it would eventually reward them with glory. To give you a few examples for firstly mentioned, I'd like to mention Ferrara and Lippi, how came as terroni but showed their class and passion through the years and proved their worth as true Juventini. The latter group is naturally much larger, but many legends are formed in there too, Platini for example.

Anyway, the players and the coaches, most of them are just mercenaries gunning for their own glory. Can't blame them though, nowadays it's called professionalism. Squad full of Juventini would be ideal, but sadly impossible because Juve needs to win too.

But luckily the point remains the same. In the end it's not about the players or the coaches, it's not about winning or losing. It's about the colours.

++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    Errka = the man
    Since I've been back, everybody has spelled my name incorrectly... :undecide: :D Thanks for the compliments anyway.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Ah, the changing times.

First if we're to go back to relying on promising youngsters again we must look to change our youth policy.if we continue to overlook and loan out prospects then buying them by the truckload won't do us any good.

alexrafael

Sep 5, 2005
    diffrent times!
    as we signing capello, we have to buy players that he loves to use.
    anyway, world stars are not bad, but we have to keep our eyes on youngsters. otherwise, we'll become another roma

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
    Who´s the last Juve player that came from our youth divisions and did good in seria a?
    Good question. In recent times many of our primavera players have been hyped (Benjamin, Chiumento, Volpato, Maisello) before they even made their debut. It's very difficult for young players to find their place in a world class side. When's the last time that Milan had a youth player come through? Maldini?

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    its very hard to get into the first team of juventus inter or milan unless something happens to the coach a great example is roma last season , the old coach is replaces by the primavera coach and obviously he gives playing time to his players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)