Is Obama fucking America's Constitution with his big dong? (10 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Apropos your chiming in, Deneb.

governments are even worse, at least companies are productive in their quest for profit
I would really like to know more about your reasoning behind this post. Why wouldn't governments put out the same productivity in their goal of social equality, strengthening of domestic infrastructure, integration and education as companies are putting in their quest for profit? I don't see the impairment of incentive just because the goal isn't private profit.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
what :D

it's the other way around :D companies profit from people, as bad as it is it's still the best way imo
of course the companies profit from people but in the situation with companies a person can earn a living and rise up the ladder not always but they can with the government its who you blow

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011

I would really like to know more about your reasoning behind this post. Why wouldn't governments put out the same productivity in their goal of social equality, strengthening of domestic infrastructure, integration and education as companies are putting in their quest for profit? I don't see the impairment of incentive just because the goal isn't private profit.
well politicians, for the most part are all about reelection not really about their platforms they spew

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

I blame neoliberalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Det kan godt være, men jeg sætter stadig ikke pris på en sammenligning med det røvhul.
Haha, du er jo fornærmet.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
well politicians, for the most part are all about reelection not really about their platforms they spew
I know a fun little system which would remove the problem of politicians fighting for reelection.....

Anyways, following your reasoning: there is some sort of reckoning for politicians (or atleast there should be, in every country) who do not perform the jobs they were picked to do. There are trials for corruption, there is much more transparency in what they're doing than anything the private business owner (I'm not talking small business here, just to draw up that mundane distinction).

I'm realizing that debating this with an American might not be the best thing to do, since your system is so infinitely flawed that politicians rarely, if ever, have to stand up to the consequences of their actions and the lack of transparency is worrying to the degree that I fail to understand why people aren't on the streets every day. It's not meant to personally offend you, it's aimed at the system you're living in btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, du er jo fornærmet.
Til dels, ja. :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Hold op. Jeg prøver med en mere, hvad skal jeg sige, "visiuel" tilgang :)

- - - Updated - - -

I know - you're always playing the devil's advocate :D
I really love this smiley :D. Sorry @Völler
pretty obvious where i stand though :D

private profit is dictated by efficiency in operation, in government it's all about department/job self-preservation and politics

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I know a fun little system which would remove the problem of politicians fighting for reelection.....

Anyways, following your reasoning: there is some sort of reckoning for politicians (or atleast there should be, in every country) who do not perform the jobs they were picked to do. There are trials for corruption, there is much more transparency in what they're doing than anything the private business owner (I'm not talking small business here, just to draw up that mundane distinction).

I'm realizing that debating this with an American might not be the best thing to do, since your system is so infinitely flawed that politicians rarely, if ever, have to stand up to the consequences of their actions and the lack of transparency is worrying to the degree that I fail to understand why people aren't on the streets every day. It's not meant to personally offend you, it's aimed at the system you're living in btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Til dels, ja. :p
I do not think in any country politicians pay for their actions its all smoke and mirrors, I mean they all wash each others dirty laundry.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Please ban Andy's double account.
:lol: Good theory. But either Andy has been proxying to a DSL provider in Slovenia or it's a different person.

Please reread this and think about the irony.
The irony that the world is full of cry-baby pantywaists who lament that they live in the worst of political systems and times when they really should tell that to the face of someone who had their property confiscated and some of their family members "disappeared"?

Oh yeah, that's irony alright, drama queen style.

EU. They are making a mockery of the European people. Just today IMF (EU will never admit it) that the strategy to save Greece was the wrong one. People are protesting all over Europe but can't change anything because a national movement will not change anything. Now that EU has all the power it has to be international but good luck with that with all the languages and the hate between the different nations. EU is a clever mechanism to enslave the people and it's working. Even I was very in favour of EU and the Euro when they were being implemented in my country but I have grown disillusioned, I've grown up.
The strategy to save Greece was mostly founded on lies. But the truth is also that there are far too many people on the corrupt dole there, and that needs to clean house to even be sustainable.

But equating the current EU authority to "slavery" serves to belittle the real abuses and injury inflicted upon true slaves for the previous centuries.

but these companies are the exception not the rule, there is no company out there watching out for their employees teh reason these treat their employees the best is because they want to attract the best, all a matter of bottom line, the fact is once a company goes public you are pretty much just a number.
After working for 15 years consulting for health care businesses in the U.S., last night over dinner my wife was telling me how she came to the irrefutable conclusion that not one health care company in America is looking out for patient care as anything close to their primary concern. Patients are feck all on their own in a world where nobody wants to cure anything but instead needs to keep you as a lifetime subscriber.

So much for the theoretical promise of free market healthcare.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
private profit is dictated by efficiency in operation, in government it's all about department/job self-preservation and politics
As insane as it might come off to you - how could we fix that issue? If business was public, cut out the self-preservation and introduce the need for efficiency in operation to government. This is just one offer, though, and it brings a whole set of new issues with it. I just put it out to underline the fact that efficiency and drive aren't necessarily restricted to private business.

Furthermore, the infuriating thing with this post and indeed the state of several public systems is that the need for self-preservation is deemed a negative thing - which I totally agree that it has become. What should be a golden principle in democracy, that politicians should be self-preservating by fulfilling their promises so they don't get kicked out on their asses has turned into something negative because the average couch potato has lost all touch with social action and getting his/her message through.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
to be in politics in the first place you have to have dirty laundry, kinda like joining a gang
How far are we from elected American officials earning teardrop tattoos on the corners of their eyes?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
:lol: Good theory. But either Andy has been proxying to a DSL provider in Slovenia or it's a different person.

The irony that the world is full of cry-baby pantywaists who lament that they live in the worst of political systems and times when they really should tell that to the face of someone who had their property confiscated and some of their family members "disappeared"?

Oh yeah, that's irony alright, drama queen style.

The strategy to save Greece was mostly founded on lies. But the truth is also that there are far too many people on the corrupt dole there, and that needs to clean house to even be sustainable.

But equating the current EU authority to "slavery" serves to belittle the real abuses and injury inflicted upon true slaves for the previous centuries.

After working for 15 years consulting for health care businesses in the U.S., last night over dinner my wife was telling me how she came to the irrefutable conclusion that not one health care company in America is looking out for patient care as anything close to their primary concern. Patients are feck all on their own in a world where nobody wants to cure anything but instead needs to keep you as a lifetime subscriber.

So much for the theoretical promise of free market healthcare.
yes but the "free market" isnt really free in the US

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
yes but the "free market" isnt really free in the US
It isn't. It is absolutely not. First, most Americans are deluded into the quality of the healthcare for what they're paying... they're getting second-rate at double the cost. For another, a true free market would give incentives to companies to provide the same or better service for cheaper, and there is zero incentive built into the current system to reward people for making health care less expensive.

The third-payer model is really the root of all that evil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)