Is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
Zlatan can get a bit annoying and everything, but he's not all bad either... I'm on the fence on this one. Let him immerse himself in Serie A first to get the hang of things. Better have him at least scoring some goals than no goals at all (although I do agree he needs to make some improvements)

Our freekicks this year is rather disappointing. Best ones I've seen came from Birindelli. And that's a rare occassion

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Zlatan needs to work on his decision making. Stop holding the ball so long, stop trying to take on four defenders, just play simple. I have no problem with him trying to beat a defender in a one-on-one situation, but he needs to realise that this is Serie A and not the Dutch Eredivisie (no offence) where he can skip past three or four challenges and get a shot off.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    Well, we can all agree that Zlatan still thinks he is in the Dutch Eredivisie where flowing football looms and that defenders won't mind you even if you bother to dribble the length of the field. It's obvious that it's different in Serie A and the opposition won't even allow you to dribble more than 10 meters, you really need to pass the ball. The only way that he's getting away with is is his sheer size that he is able to protect the ball even though he's already being given harsh tackles. Luckily, he still hasn't gotten himself injured with all the dribbling he's doing in Italy.

As for others claiming that Zlatan was basically alone on top last night, I don't think there's a point to prove in that because we have played like that with Trezeguet for so many times in the past and he still manages to hold up the ball for us until we get our numbers in attack. But as for Zlatan, he doesn't want to hold the ball and attacks like the clock's winding down to its last few seconds. Guys, you have to admit that his finishing isn't even deadly, it's his persistence that is deadly so in order for him to put the ball into the back of the net, he needs to at least try a dozen times. Unlike Trezeguet, all we need is one incisive pass and he'll stick it at the back of the net, without dribble, and sadly, unnatractively most times.

For a striker, I'd have to say we're giving so much praise for a fellow who doesn't have the highest order in finishing. I mean Zlatan.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    It's only a matter of time before Zlatan gets injured because 1) he plays pretty much all the time and 2) he holds onto the ball too often.

Kevin

Apr 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
    i never thought that C.Ronaldo would mature in this short time , the same goes for Zlatan .
    Ronaldo was being bashed for having no football brain at 18-19. Now ppl finally find out Juve has one of those players as well... only this guy is 23, not 19. Ironic.

OP
    Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    I don't exactly get the point that you're trying to prove.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    C`mon, people, we are talking about someone in his first year in serie A. He has been good, maybe not fantastic, but his skills and talent with the ball are more than obvious. lets see his learning capacity, he has tremendous potential if he madurates a bit as a team player......

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    That's the problem,if it had been almost any other player i'd have thought he'd learn and fit in after some time,but its Zlatan Ibrahimovic we're talking about.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Guys, I've been really left to question the decisions made by Zlatan on the pitch. I watched the messina match through streaming video and I saw some mysterious decision making instances by Zlatan.

In the first place, why do we insist on letting him take the free-kicks if all he can do is blast the ball. And he can't even blast it low enough to keep it on target!?

And why does he keep dribbling when there are 2-3 players open. He is an entertainer alright, but if he keeps trying to entertain, we won't be left entertained if we don't start bringing home the points in each game.

Talent-wise, Zlatan is superb. I don't think anyone could deny that. But at this stage of the season, we could really do with our 1-0s once again. We don't need to entertain, we need to win at all costs.

Del Piero has been playing well at each game and he rightly deserved the man of the match against messina. But he's been getting to this form for the past 2 weeks now and sometimes I dont understand the criticism he gets. But well, that will always be the enigma that is Del Piero. I am really confident that his career will have a redemption.

So that is, I just really don't understand why Zlatan insists on doing the things he does.

Can't Capello knock some senses into his head? He has to put this guy's head on straight, otherwise, his talent won't be able to convert our games into the points we need.

Hence, I really think that a tactically perfect Zlatan (which he is about 75%) will be a perfect combination with the Vision and Technique of our Captain Del Piero.
    I would say, Del piero has been our best striker this season so far.. don´t forget that he was injiured and had to sit on the bench...

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Well, we can all agree that Zlatan still thinks he is in the Dutch Eredivisie where flowing football looms and that defenders won't mind you even if you bother to dribble the length of the field. It's obvious that it's different in Serie A and the opposition won't even allow you to dribble more than 10 meters, you really need to pass the ball. The only way that he's getting away with is is his sheer size that he is able to protect the ball even though he's already being given harsh tackles. Luckily, he still hasn't gotten himself injured with all the dribbling he's doing in Italy.
    Although the level of the Dutch league is crap, Zlatan lost the ball many times as well during his years there. It's just his style of play - his actions can't be predicted and that's why he won't change them.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    guys , i don't know but i think that we should have bought a better player . Not saying that he's bad but in our recent games he did absolutly nothing & that worries me very much !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)