Is it just me? (2 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Guys, I've been really left to question the decisions made by Zlatan on the pitch. I watched the messina match through streaming video and I saw some mysterious decision making instances by Zlatan.

In the first place, why do we insist on letting him take the free-kicks if all he can do is blast the ball. And he can't even blast it low enough to keep it on target!?

And why does he keep dribbling when there are 2-3 players open. He is an entertainer alright, but if he keeps trying to entertain, we won't be left entertained if we don't start bringing home the points in each game.

Talent-wise, Zlatan is superb. I don't think anyone could deny that. But at this stage of the season, we could really do with our 1-0s once again. We don't need to entertain, we need to win at all costs.

Del Piero has been playing well at each game and he rightly deserved the man of the match against messina. But he's been getting to this form for the past 2 weeks now and sometimes I dont understand the criticism he gets. But well, that will always be the enigma that is Del Piero. I am really confident that his career will have a redemption.

So that is, I just really don't understand why Zlatan insists on doing the things he does.

Can't Capello knock some senses into his head? He has to put this guy's head on straight, otherwise, his talent won't be able to convert our games into the points we need.

Hence, I really think that a tactically perfect Zlatan (which he is about 75%) will be a perfect combination with the Vision and Technique of our Captain Del Piero.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Guys, I've been really left to question the decisions made by Zlatan on the pitch. I watched the messina match through streaming video and I saw some mysterious decision making instances by Zlatan.

In the first place, why do we insist on letting him take the free-kicks if all he can do is blast the ball. And he can't even blast it low enough to keep it on target!?

And why does he keep dribbling when there are 2-3 players open. He is an entertainer alright, but if he keeps trying to entertain, we won't be left entertained if we don't start bringing home the points in each game. Talent-wise, Zlatan is superb. I don't think anyone could deny that. But at this stage of the season, we could really do with our 1-0s once again. We don't need to entertain, we need to win at all costs.

Del Piero has been playing well at each game and he rightly deserved the man of the match against messina. But he's been getting to this form for the past 2 weeks now and sometimes I dont understand the criticism he gets. But well, that will always be the enigma that is Del Piero. I am really confident that his career will have a redemption.

So that is, I just really don't understand why Zlatan insists on doing the things he does.

Can't Capello knock some senses into his head? He has to put this guy's head on straight, otherwise, his talent won't be able to convert our games into the points we need.

Hence, I really think that a tactically perfect Zlatan (which he is about 75%) will be a perfect combination with the Vision and Technique of our Captain Del Piero.
Dude,

I've been saying this since the third game of the season.............

Aug 1, 2003
Zlatan is an advantage to us in his height and his size. But I really, really hate it when he dribbles unnecessarily, especially when he could've passed and created something more beneficial

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Still he doesn't know he's playing in Serie A....Really it annoys me when he tries to dribble 5players instead of passing the ball.... Anyhow we can't deny he has been doing good so far, but he should work on many other things just like the rest of the team.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
did it take this long to discover that zlatan is a clown..?

I didn't see this match.. but I can imagine how shitty zlatan was..

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
i guess he lacks experience, but im sure that Capello will talk to him about this issue..

i was watching the Sweden-Bulgaria game in euro2004, Zlatan was so much different, he was passing he ball rather than dribbling, and he was so effective.... so i believe that Capello can do something about it.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    I'm not only talking about him and his unnecessary dribbling actually, I'm actually complaining about him taking our free-kicks as well. Why!?

And why does Capello allow such an unexperienced player to do all these things?!

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm actually complaining about him taking our free-kicks as well. Why!?
    I cant remember when was the last time Ale scored from free-kicks so maybe that is the reason why capello alows that

i was watching the Sweden-Bulgaria game in euro2004, Zlatan was so much different, he was passing he ball rather than dribbling, and he was so effective....
    Thats because coach probibly told him to do so and that is what capello has to do

Juve89

The Farmer
    May 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Amer ] ++

I cant remember when was the last time Ale scored from free-kicks so maybe that is the reason why capello alows that
    Zlatan isn`t exactly the worlds best on freekicks DP isn`t so good at freekicks but he is better than Zlatanl......

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    he is lazy .

sometimes this makes the difference ( bayren game ) and like when he passed that ball from the left at messina's game , and many times it ends with nothing .

it's ok to do these stuff twice o 3 times in the match not every ball , that drives me crazy .

there is no connection between him and del piero sometimes i blame him as i blame alex for this . he is not that good in partnership thing ( maybe because he is new to the team and the league ) .

he is improving tactically i think he has a lot to offer for juve in the coming years , i never thought that C.Ronaldo would mature in this short time , the same goes for Zlatan .

he is improving and adapting well .

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    Still he doesn't know he's playing in Serie A....Really it annoys me when he tries to dribble 5players instead of passing the ball .... Anyhow we can't deny he has been doing good so far, but he should work on many other things just like the rest of the team.
    even if i really love zlatan, i have to agree...
    but in a way, i think capello really should have a talk with him, and tell him that when we are 0-0 he should not try to dribble(even if it works sometime :) ) but insted play the ball to an unmarked player...
    but as u said, he has been one of the best this season.. but im sure he will get better at that stuff.. this is after all his first season with us... he will learn......

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    i guess he lacks experience, but im sure that Capello will talk to him about this issue..

i was watching the Sweden-Bulgaria game in euro2004, Zlatan was so much different, he was passing he ball rather than dribbling, and he was so effective.... so i believe that Capello can do something about it.
    yeah.. i saw it too.. damn he was great..

btw..

my post nr. 2222

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    is it just me who think that we were crap yesterday and sucked to the highest limit , in fact luck was in our side not to loose 1-0

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah I know. :( But you should think about that he was pretty much alone at the top. Del Piero were more of a midfielder than a striker and we had 5 defenders. AND ALWAYS when we play a defensive formation Zlatan disapears. We MUST play with 3 attackers against Real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)