Is it a fair game? (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
I know, Fli.

That's why I didn't mention the draft system in my post.

What should happen, is that each of these teams should start up academies, and develop their own home-grown players, and be given a chance to keep them.

If not, then the same old routine will hapeen OVER and OVER again.

Like I said, I don't think that this will ever happen, becuase of owner apathy and reactionary instead of pro-active Football Federations.

but how can they can a chance to keep their players? players cant be forced to stay. though rule to play rookies only to certain amount would be good. i.e. only after playing 5 years in the league you can get 5m or more. that would help. but what can federations do? try to force g-14 clubs to obey their rules. clubs can boycot leagues, they even can form super league in europe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
and serge, i got a question. how all young players in nba when drafted by small teams sign for them. ie. lebron always wanted to play for knicks. cavs draft him. he refuse to go with them and wait till he is called by NY. is that possible?

No, he can try and force a trade of his draft rights, if he wants, but look at it in this situation, and this will be the only NBA reference I make, for fear that this will go off-topic. But when you are drafted, unless they trade you, then that is where you are going to play. Also, keep in mind, the higher you are selected, the more money you receive, as well.

If you're the Knicks, and you want Lebron James, and Lebron wants to play there, can you imagine what you would have to give Cleveland in order to get the rights to Lebron??

Basically, a truckload of draft picks and 3 quality players. If you're New York, is that worth the price to get him??

Sep 28, 2002

No, he can try and force a trade of his draft rights, if he wants, but look at it in this situation, and this will be the only NBA reference I make, for fear that this will go off-topic. But when you are drafted, unless they trade you, then that is where you are going to play. Also, keep in mind, the higher you are selected, the more money you receive, as well.

If you're the Knicks, and you want Lebron James, and Lebron wants to play there, can you imagine what you would have to give Cleveland in order to get the rights to Lebron??

Basically, a truckload of draft picks and 3 quality players. If you're New York, is that worth the price to get him??
no, i mean can lebron just refuse to sign for cavs? or is that when you are called you must sign

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Like I said, he can ask that they trade his draft rights to another team. In the NBA, they hold your draft rights for 2 years.

So basically, he would be sitting around for 2 years doing nothing and not getting paid for it, unless they traded him.

So if he doesn't want to play for Cleveland, then he must sit out until he decides to sign or he gets traded.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

but how can they can a chance to keep their players? players cant be forced to stay. though rule to play rookies only to certain amount would be good. i.e. only after playing 5 years in the league you can get 5m or more. that would help. but what can federations do? try to force g-14 clubs to obey their rules. clubs can boycot leagues, they even can form super league in europe.

See, this is why it would never work, because the system has been in place for so long, that it is the only way that they know. The one big advantage, and I mentioned this earlier, that these small teams have, is that it is the ONLY game in town. So if Lecce sucks, they can't just say "screw it, we'll support the Lecce baseball team instead" What Lecce baseball team? They don't have anything else to divert their atention, and more importantly, their money to.

Aug 1, 2003
fli, i do like gigi's ass.
on a more serious note smaller clubs shouldn't complain. look at chievo. they earned their status as a big team in serie a simply because they gave a good fight to the title. you want money, tv rights or whatever, you should earn it, its a team effort.

i still hate abramovich.

Sep 28, 2002
but how can they earn their status when they must sell their best players almost every year to survive. i dunno how chievo do that. they sell their best layers every year, yet they manage to form a team that can compete for place in europe, if not the cl. credit goes to del neri, but there must be more than that.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but how can they earn their status when they must sell their best players almost every year to survive. i dunno how chievo do that. they sell their best layers every year, yet they manage to form a team that can compete for place in europe, if not the cl. credit goes to del neri, but there must be more than that.

Chievo is an exception. A LARGE exception to the rule.

They also have a great manager in Del Neri, the type of manager who can acutally help his team win a match with his strategy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could see a couple of more teams like this?

Aug 1, 2003
well they need good managers etc. if they dont have that thats just too bad. I mean, chievo wasn't popular right, but they earned their popularity, worked hard for it. small teams should do that too

Sep 28, 2002
everyone wants stronger competition. but sally, clubs cant just earn their reputation and popularity. they need money. hard work is one thing, money is another. chievo can tgo on like this forever. after season or two they will slump. heavily.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fli, I just think that she's happy with the way things are. And as a Juve Supporter, how could you not be? It's worked for over 100 years now.

Alas, my friend, unlike what the great Sam Cooke once sang " A change is NOT gonna come"

Sep 28, 2002
Fli, I just think that she's happy with the way things are. And as a Juve Supporter, how could you not be? It's worked for over 100 years now.

Alas, my friend, unlike what the great Sam Cooke once sang " A change is NOT gonna come"
i know. soon inter and roma will go bakrupt. lazio too. then its gonna two horse race between us and milan. then belusca will retire from politics and wont be able to save milan and milan will go to serie c2. hail juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)