Is he the one? (1 Viewer)

Lampard #8

Apr 8, 2004
How is Roman fickle? What has he done that has made him seem fickle? It is pretty much a known fact that Ranieri was going to be sacked when Roman took over.

But please, if you know something I don't tell me now, because you must know something, it only taking 'one reason' and Mourinho will replace him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
It's obvious from the way he goes about buying his players.Most of his purchases are players who have drawn rave reviews in recent times and players who make headlines.Every time he goes on a spending spree more players are relegated to the bench and every six months there is a new golden boy in Chelsea.First it was Adrian Mutu,then Frank Lampard,Dider Drogba and now Arjen Robben.

Of course this fickleness is also due to the fact that he has extremely high demands from his team-that would explain the sacking of Ranieri even though he finished second in the EPL which I thought was pretty commendable.

Lampard #8

Apr 8, 2004
If Abramovich bought the players it would be Beckham, Ronaldo, Henry, etc.

Purchases like Kezman, Glen Johnson, Wayne Bridge and so on easily suggest it is not Abramovich buying the players (ie. scouting them and signing them). Abramovich is only writing the cheques, he isn't signing the players. Oh and what are you on about Golden boys? Robben is the big thing that has hit the club like Zlatan at Juve and the fans love him. Lampard and Terry are the heart and soul of the club.

Because the fans like certain players, it doesn't make Abramovich fickle.

The fact is Desmond

You don't know Abramovich, and nor do I.

The players have that have been signed do not suggest Abramovich is signing them, but the Manager. Could you of seen Abramovich signing Paulo Ferreira? Jiri Jarosik? etc. Drogba was signed because Mourinho rated him very highly, and obviously because money isn't a issue we payed a value that was inflated too much in my opinion.

Every player was signed by the manager, be it Ranieri or Mourinho.

You are in no position to make a judgement on Abramovich when you can barely make an accurate one on the Chelsea Football Club.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I have been following Abramovich ever since he took over Sibneft back in the mid 1990s.

This guy is too busy with all the stuff that goes on around him- he is still the governor of Chukotka and runs two major oil companies.

He cares about winning and only writes the checks.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Mourinho is a brilliant coach and the style of play he brings to the EPL will undoubtedly help the league become more "civilized" to Europe for lack of a better expression. Mourinho uses basically the same style at Chelsea that he used with Porto, so there is a good chance of Chelsea making it to the latter stages of the CL. But is Mourinho's Chelsea unbeatable? No team is unbeatable. But in my eyes Jose is the best coach in English football, and now England has the best chance to see the CL trophy paraded through the streets of London in a long time.
Or indeed for the first time ever, since no London-based team has actually won it before. I doubt it will be this time though, and in the previous 15 editions of the CL bar one my doubts have eventually become reality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Or indeed for the first time ever, since no London-based team has actually won it before. I doubt it will be this time though, and in the previous 15 editions of the CL bar one my doubts have eventually become reality.
That is correct, the trophy has never come to London. And I concur with you about the CL outlooks for English sides, just as always. :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++
I believe that Renieri is a great coach and could lead Chelsea to numerous triumphs, under the condition that the bench doesnt get too crowded with stars. If that happened conflict is bound to arise. Also, if he concentrated with what he has and building his current team. IMO then and only then he will win a CL, if not two or three!! But on the other hand he went into a spending spree every transfer season, then i don't really see him going anywhere,

Erm....

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I really don't see Ch€£$k¥ going past Barca in the CL this season. That tie is Barca's to lose, Ch€£$k¥ still have one thing going against them, and that is teams like Norwich.

See, Ch€£$k¥ are used to playing against teams that have a washed out defensive pattern of play, and this repeated itself in the First Group stage of the CL bar one match (which they duly lost even though they'd already topped the group).

My belief is that Mourinho will take the Premiership this year (with at least a 4 point margin), and probably add the FA Cup to the kitty. And that should be more than enough to satisfy all but the most stupidly optimistic fan.

By the way, I love the name: Ch€£$k¥:D

Dec 27, 2003
A failed conference interpreter gets 130.000 euros a week for coaching a bunch of semi-literate mercenaries, while a brilliant interpreter like myself sees half his currently decent though far from exorbitant earnings swallowed up in taxes. Football is rotten to the bone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)