Is Family Guy better than The Simpsons? (2 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ive been a huge Simpsons fan for a very long time.Needless to say,the quality of the show has declined over the years,but the show itself is Iconic.Easily the greatest 2D show television has ever seen IMO.

On the other hand,you have Family Guy.Newer than the Simpsons,and it has a huge following.Its actually the only show that was first cancelled,and was then continued purely on the basis of its high DVD sales.

They have the virtualy same basic plot.A stupid man,with a level headed wife with a daughter who is unpopular with people.Stewie,Bart,Brian and Maggie could be the exceptions here.

Ive tried watching the show multiple times,and everytime i watch it,one thought hits me :

"This is a Simpsons Rip Off"

And becuase im such a big fan of The Simpsons,ive never been able to like Family Guy.Maybe its loyalty or whatever,but ive never been able to get over the fact that this show is a godamn Simpsons Ripoff.I dont find the stories or the characters funny(including Stewie).Peter's character and his laugh in particular annoys me,the theme music pisses me off,I think the humour attached with Stewie is very forced etc.I could be biased here,but hey,you cant fight the subconcious.I dont think id ever be able to like this show.

I dont know if Seth MacFarlane intended to make it a Simpsons copy,but anyway.

Do you think Its better than The Simpsons?

Yes I know,some people can enjoy both shows without being biased.But surely,there's got to be a show that you like better amongst these two.

Family Guy is 100x funnier than the Simpsons give Family Guy a chance and you'll love it. I used to be a simpsons fan and i refused to watch family guy because it is a major simpsons ripoff but i watched a couple episodes and now the simpsons doesn't entertain me anymore because it isn't even remotely funny compared to family guy. Family Guy is a blatant ripoff but the simpsons rips off other television shows for its episode ideas anyway so why complain? Give Family guy an actual chance. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. The simpsons is a more well constructed actual plot based show while family guy is random stupid laughs and i love that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Family Guy is 100x funnier than the Simpsons give Family Guy a chance and you'll love it. I used to be a simpsons fan and i refused to watch family guy because it is a major simpsons ripoff but i watched a couple episodes and now the simpsons doesn't entertain me anymore because it isn't even remotely funny compared to family guy. Family Guy is a blatant ripoff but the simpsons rips off other television shows for its episode ideas anyway so why complain? Give Family guy an actual chance. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. The simpsons is a more well constructed actual plot based show while family guy is random stupid laughs and i love that.
I thought you would like Family Guy.

Jun 26, 2007
I think family guy has been ruined for me by an episode of South Park called cartoon wars. Check it out on www.allsp.com and you will understand what i mean.

IMO South Park is by far the best cartoon.
Yeah, they really owned Family Guy in that episode. South Park is the absolute master in ridiculizing someone or something.

Apr 12, 2004
i
I think family guy has been ruined for me by an episode of South Park called cartoon wars. Check it out on www.allsp.com and you will understand what i mean.

IMO South Park is by far the best cartoon.
I agree South Park is the best, but in that episode, they were making more fun of how Arabs are fucking stupid when it comes to "Mohammed" and how media outlets go crazy stupid over stuff like that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;1580389 said:
I agree South Park is the best, but in that episode, they were making more fun of how Arabs are fucking stupid when it comes to "Mohammed" and how media outlets go crazy stupid over stuff like that.
I haven't seen South Park in a long time. Just caught this week's episode, "Major Boobage", about how Kenny gets high on cat piss ("cheesing") and goes on these drug trips inspired by the 1980 movie "Heavy Metal". Man, they are still putting out some genius stuff. :smoke:

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
The Simpsons rock. Never been boring to me.
Mat Groening is a genius guy. The topics are part of many people's daily life.

I just watched some trailer of Family Guy and simply dislike it. Is it really cool?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)