Is Capello an upgrade? (2 Viewers)

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
I've noticed how a lot of people here at the forum seem to be excited about Capello joining Juve. I've even noticed some people saying he's our best transfer in the last 10 years!!

So, in your opinion, do you think he's an upgrade from Lippi or an upgrade from the other two candidates, Deschamps and Prandelli?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
He is not an upgrade to Lippi, both are same caliber (excellent one), but he is a more secure option than Prandelli or deschamps, because i has proven capacity to win when managing big teams.....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
History will probably not view the Lippi -> Capello switch as an "upgrade" in the overall scheme of things. (Lippi set some really high standards to begin with.)

However, if you were to look specifically at where Lippi was with the team last season, I would call it an upgrade. Lippi seemed to have run his course with Juve, and I feared that the team would languish a little more if he had stayed on for much longer.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
He's a hell of a lot better than Deschamps, quite a bit better than Prandelli, and ahead of lippi by some way too IMO. Simply the best!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I defenitely reckon he will lead Juve back to winning ways...an upgrade of Lippi IMO...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course he is an upgrade. Capello is one of the most successful coaches in recent history. He is the perfect coach to have after a bad season like last season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes it is. Capello is a wonderful coach for Juve, and I think we'll be happy we've invested in him after the next few seasons.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
of course he is better than prandelli and deschamps. prandelli isnt experienced at all and deschamps had a great season but obviously is young still. Lippi and capello are the best in italy by far...so having capello coming in was a very good thing. especially since the club is going to go through major changes.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I reckon we made a good choice to get Capello and not Prandelli or Deschamps.....
His experiences will prove vital IMO...

Jul 28, 2002
Cappello is undoubted quality, but imo dd may have given us something new, a new look. I believe cappello is merely gonna try and us e old formulae to make juve successfull.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Lippi imo is better than Capello. If i were to choose today, id still go with Lippi over Capello. Its wrong to say he would be an upgrade over prandelli and dd because hes had a long established career while these two are still in their fledgling stages, so a comparison cant really be made. The only one that can, is the one with Lippi, and like i said, Lippi is better.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I don't think you can call it an upgrade, but rather a refreshment. Both Lippi and Capello have winning mentalities, but differ in preferred style of play. Capello like a more attacking formation, something more suitable to us in order to utilize our potent attack. Lippi liked a more balance side which put a lot of responsibility on our backline to start attack, something which we have been unable to do since the undermining of our players' performance.

So and so, I think Capello would be more suitable to coach the Juventus squad at disposal. Of course, the new signings would even make it more suitable for him.

All in all, they are both winners. But I cannot consider it as an upgrade as the 2 have both proven themselves winners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)