is buffon in the same class as zoff? (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i wasnt even born when italy won the 1982 worldcup,so i never saw zoff play and i havent seen footage of him either.but obviously,ive heard a lot about how good he was etc.
this discussion might as well be for the elders over here,
either way,is gigi as good as zoff?is he better than zoff? or are they at the same level?

Buy on AliExpress.com

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Anything could happen in the next 15 years. Buffon is not at the level of Zoff's peak right now.... however if Buffon can avoid any major setbacks in the future, ur looking at the greatest goalkeeper ever to exist..

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by del pietro ] ++
Anything could happen in the next 15 years. Buffon is not at the level of Zoff's peak right now.... however if Buffon can avoid any major setbacks in the future, ur looking at the greatest goalkeeper ever to exist..
Agreed.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
as a goalkeeper , i think buffon is better

as a leader , Dino , no doubts

sometimes all what u need is a good leader specially if u have a rock solid defence line like juve

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Buffon has been the top keeper in the world for four years now, but he needs to stay that for the next four if he wants to reach the same level as Zoff. The key to being a legendary player is to be the world's best for many many years.

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
buffon is a great keeper defiently the best in the world when he is on form but he is not a legend yet, zoff is a legend winning the 1982 world cup.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
And if you compare girlfriends, Buffon gets the edge hands-down. :p
Probably the only aspect where Buffon stands a chance. :)

Seriously though, it's way to early for a thread like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)