Is Alex back to his best ?here is what i think (1 Viewer)

erado

Nov 2, 2004
OMG!!!..... Del Piero doesnt play much last month while Zlatan have been playing very single games and Buffon keeping cleansheets.....

Although Alex did scored 2 winners against Lecce and Bayern, Buffon, Zlatan, Emerson, Thuram, Zambro, Camo november performance wasnt far from his.....

Still, Congrats Alex.. :D

Aug 26, 2003
ok, imo Del Piero has it really hard, and the award should have gone to Ibrahimovic or Buffon but thats ok! Maybe its a boost for him, cause he is always struggling with injuries!!

we will see, anyway congratulations Alex!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Our Captain is far from his "Best", which I think he can never achieve again.
Me too... but i think he can be still very usefull. He is not in the levels of sheva,,,, dinho or adriano...and maybe iwll never be,,, but he can do a lot for Juve.

The years are taking its toll... but he still have talent and some things to show.

Hey Just look at Zola XD

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
del piero does deserve a mention this season,but not at the expense of his teammates who are playing better than him.

i hope he does well against Milan of course,to prove to the doubters that he still has it,and keep them at bay for at least another two weeks:stress:

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Me too... but i think he can be still very usefull. He is not in the levels of sheva,,,, dinho or adriano...and maybe iwll never be,,, but he can do a lot for Juve.

The years are taking its toll... but he still have talent and some things to show.

Hey Just look at Zola XD
He's not in the levels of dinho or adriano but he certainly was.

In 10 years dinho and adriano will not be in the levels of the future stars.

You guys forgot you're comparing a 30yr to 20yr olds? ;)

A Del Piero giving his best now = good Del Piero. He's certainly going in that direction.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
i agree to an extent. i dont think he can be useful as a 90minute player. not because of fitness, but maybe coz of injury worries and also he tends to dissapear during games. But u cant just take him out of the whole picture. hes been there for a damn long time. I would like to think his azzurri days are over becoz it doesnt look like he has anything to give, so maybe it would be in his best interest so he can just focus on Juve.

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
Del Piero has a certain flair about him that noone else can reach. He's a star. He has some amazing flashes of brilliance. At his best, he's unstoppable.

Hopefully he'll be at his best this season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I like what I've seen from Alex so far this season. He can do better and he started very poorly but since returning from that tendon problem he has looked more lively than I have seen in a while and he's scoring regularly again. The Player of the Month award can't do his confidence any harm and we all know that when Del Piero is confident and things are going his way he is one of the best support strikers in Europe.

Deleted member 2609

I am Alex's biggest critic and I adore him to bits but I am forced to admit that Alex will never rekindle the form he had when he first burst on to the scene, the ADP that replaced Baggio. The shocking injury he endured a few years back seemed to have knocked a lot out of him but we have all seen glimpses of magic every now and again but I will always believe in him tho many consider him a laughing stock.

ps: how many posts do i need before i can have an avatar :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)