Iraq. Is it better now?? (AKA ISIS/ISIL/IS/name-of-the-week-here) (6 Viewers)

Is Iraq better now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
After the speech of Obama last night about the withdrawal of military American forces, do you think it is better for Iraq now, or was it better before the American occupation in 2003?

If a mod can add a poll please...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Iraq would have been better if the americans pulled their troops after few monthes from the war or at max one year.But now it is even worse than Saddam's days.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Iraq pre war: Nepotist pseudo dictatorship that doesn't help the majority of the people while taking care of vested interests through brutal abuses of state power.

Iraq post war: Nepotist pseudo dictatorship that doesn't help the majority of the people while taking care of vested interests through brutal abuses of state power.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
At least when Saddam was around there was law and order, there was safety and security, now the place is a mess. I have several friends who have lost close relatives in Iraq in the past few years.

While it was terrible during the Saddam period, at least you knew that you won't be gunned down in the middle of the street because of your religious beliefs.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
At least when Saddam was around there was law and order, there was safety and security, now the place is a mess. I have several friends who have lost close relatives in Iraq in the past few years.

While it was terrible during the Saddam period, at least you knew that you won't be gunned down in the middle of the street because of your religious beliefs.
Yeah.. :lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Iraqi's sunni and shiite think so.

I wouldn't expect you to know though, unlike you, i know a lot of Iraqi's, i'd say its safe to say they know their country better than you do.

Security is in an all time low at Iraq right now, i'd like to hear your argument as to how that isn't true.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I guess it depends on what you prefer. Speak out against Sadam and you're crushed.

Speak out against whichever warlord and you're crushed. Doesn't seem too different, except there are more Al-Quaeda/Taliban dudes to worry about.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I guess it depends on what you prefer. Speak out against Sadam and you're crushed.

Speak out against whichever warlord and you're crushed. Doesn't seem too different, except there are more Al-Quaeda/Taliban dudes to worry about.
Oh thats definitely true. But in countries like Syria, Libya and former Iraq, we've been used to that for some time :D

Seriously, at least your fate is in your hands, i know its a shitty situation, but we're comparing two shitty situations to see which is less shittier. Like i said, your fate is in your hands, just don't speak against Saddam and his baathist ideals and you'll be ok.

Present day Iraq, you could be gunned down in the middle of the street just because of your religious beliefs.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Iraqi's sunni and shiite think so.

I wouldn't expect you to know though, unlike you, i know a lot of Iraqi's, i'd say its safe to say they know their country better than you do.

Security is in an all time low at Iraq right now, i'd like to hear your argument as to how that isn't true.
I never said it wasn't ;).

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What exactly did you not agree with then? Because i have a feeling you may have misunderstood me.
I disagreed with the law and order part. Safety and security might be a different issue, but when a dictator is running the show, there can be no law. Law, by definition, is not fickle. Dictators are.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I disagreed with the law and order part. Safety and security might be a different issue, but when a dictator is running the show, there can be no law. Law, by definition, is not fickle. Dictators are.
Yeah, law and order was definitely a sadistic joke under Sadam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)