Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Iranian football :fero:

France 98 World Cup Qualifying Play-offs

First leg: Iran 1-1 Australia
Second leg: Australia 2-2 Iran

:wallbang:

Australia were leading comfortably 2-0 and looked set to become the 32nd qualifier, but we totally fell asleep and conceded 2 sloppy goals
U don't know how many times I have watched the highlights of that game...
minutes after the scoreline was 2-0, I went to my room...
damn, I was so damn upset that my temperature was probably 39°C
or something.... as I'm moaning I hear downstairs ppl. cheering
I'm going down and see we have made it 2-1....

I'm thinking wow great, we still have 2 make another goal and then
it happends.... it's 2-2 and I can't express in words nor anything else
how it was like for me...

the game went to the 97th minute when the ref. finally called of the game...

o man!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Congratulations :)

I guess it's different to hear about what it was like from the other perspective. I really liked how USA vs Iran was on Fifa Fair Play day, and all the players exchanged gifts and flowers before the game, then put their arms around each other for a photo :touched: That game was pretty clean too; it was great to see

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
hehe, as I had written it all and send it I started making my self ready to go to sleep, while I was brushing my teeth I was thinking hmmmm.
perhaps I should had written something sorry that they had 2 go through all that and then explain my perpective!!! :embarass:

yeah the IRAN - USA game was really especial...

we gave gifts to Klinsmann as well during the germany game he had
some years earlier donated money as iran was hit with an eartquake!
:touched:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Nah, it wasn't looking that great at all. A 1-0 home victory isn't that great a lead. Maybe I should be thankful that we didn't make it.. i'd probably have been embarassed by France, Senegal and Denmark
i doubt you would be embarassed by Senegal. back then, they didn't even dream about the world cup :p

why would you play France and Denmark? Those two teams were in Saudi Arabia's group along with South Africa.

If you qualified instead of Iran, you would have played USA and Germany.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Congratulations :)

I guess it's different to hear about what it was like from the other perspective. I really liked how USA vs Iran was on Fifa Fair Play day, and all the players exchanged gifts and flowers before the game, then put their arms around each other for a photo :touched: That game was pretty clean too; it was great to see
:thumb:

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Is Al Ittihad an Iranian or Saudi club? Sorry, got a bit confused
I don't know if it's a Saudi or not but I can tell U it's an Arabic club!
so no, it's not an Iranian club!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
why would you play France and Denmark? Those two teams were in Saudi Arabia's group along with South Africa.
*ahem* we'd already started talking about the Uruguay playoff mate ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
athen olympic qualifying ..

malaysia 1- 4 iran.....

that was the first time i was so proud eventhough my team lost with that score line.. we played so well .. i was thinking its a fair result considering iran's better physical and tactical awareness and the little fact that they are the reigning asia games gold medalist, but at the same time its unfair to us coz we are playing above our own expectations........

we were just missing our best defender,.... so dependant of us to the guy as we put him stret to the first team after 6 months out of the game and wullah.. we drew China 1-1..

the ever hard to please malaysian fans might think that that was just a fluke, but the next game we stopped the gigantic South Korea from scoring a field goal... we lost 0-1 to a penalty..

yeah yeah .. u europeans might think how low is my standard.. happy for for such loses and a mere draw.. maybe because your country is not ranked 114th in the world... and you so called malaysians who always comdemned our football but dont even know our team is playing the olympic qualifying... grr... i dont even have the word to express your shamelessness... just forget your country and adore those stupid italians... they dont even know you guys exist nor they care...( ..no offense to stupid italians everywhere.. of coz you guys are the best..)

sorry for my babbling... dont mean to offense anyone it dont concerned.. :) .. (hope that works )

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Is Al Ittihad an Iranian or Saudi club? Sorry, got a bit confused
it is Saudi :) , but there are a couple other Al-Ittihad teams in other arab countries.

Currently, i think they're one of the best teams in Asia.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    Juventino, im part iranian, and according to my family they used to play field hockey and handball, but they were the ancient days :D

Ever heard of Esteghal Avez??

Ali Karimi, i mentioned him when i first arrived here a long time ago, nobody believed me, i thort he would come to europe to show us his skils, but no he takes the money of uae!! He has outrageous skills, more than zlatan and even ronaldo (utd), shame nobody took a risk on him, he is a class player, id love hiim to play for juve, and he would do better than fiore.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    Juventino, im part iranian, and according to my family they used to play field hockey and handball, but they were the ancient days :D

Ever heard of Esteghal Avez??

Ali Karimi, i mentioned him when i first arrived here a long time ago, nobody believed me, i thort he would come to europe to show us his skils, but no he takes the money of uae!! He has outrageous skills, more than zlatan and even ronaldo (utd), shame nobody took a risk on him, he is a class player, id love hiim to play for juve, and he would do better than fiore.
    I think U R refering to Esteghlal Ahvaz! :)
    yeah, I've heard about them but never seen them play...
    was a long time ago I saw any league games from Iran...

about karimi, well that's the price we have to pay since he is asian...
    if he had been Turkish or African or for that matter south american then
    there would had been another story...

ppl. that have seen him have all been impressed.
    there is this swedish commentator on europsort that is really
    good, he couldn't believe the skills Karimi posses... he was sure he
    would end up in a european club and by two or 3 year perhaps be
    a player that would play for the top teams...

I don't know if he has the same skills as Utd-Ronaldo or Zlatan...
    Does guys play with the ball like it's an extension of their own body!
    karimi's skills are more useful as I C it, he dribbles around 3-4 players without any trouble...

I had a video clip of him where he showed his magic, I haven't found it on any of my back-up cd's :down:... have been asking others in iranian sports sites if they could send me the clip... some ppl. have it but non of them
    have sent me anything... instead from that day my mail box has been
    full of nothing but SPAMS!!!! :fero:

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
    Ali Daei was the best player in arab players but now he is old i am sorry because i like his control wow i remembered iran against ireland he was the captain and the best striker also he was the man of the match i hope ali to be the caoch of iran

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by alex_samatar ] ++
    Ali Daei was the best player in arab players but now he is old i am sorry because i like his control wow i remembered iran against ireland he was the captain and the best striker also he was the man of the match i hope ali to be the caoch of iran
    man, we Iranians aren't arabs!

arabic ppl. hope U don't take this in a wrong way...
    I'm just letting him get his facts straight...

moreover, well I don't really remeber the ireland play off games, blackout...
    I mostly remember AGONY!!! how the hell could we lose to Bahrain, a country that used to belong to us, a country where most citizen still
    feel connection with Iran and then see their players run around the
    stadium with the saudi flag... :fero:

things I do remember though from the game, Ali Karimi waisting one good
    chance after the other and Shay Given acting like Super Man!

edit:

btw. do U all know that Ali Daei broke Puskas goal record!

I hope he never becomes iran NT coach...
    as now ppl. are bashing him as it is... god help him if he became coach and started losing!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

man, we Iranians aren't arabs!

arabic ppl. hope U don't take this in a wrong way...
    I'm just letting him get his facts straight...
    we won't

moreover, well I don't really remeber the ireland play off games, blackout...
    I mostly remember AGONY!!! how the hell could we lose to Bahrain, a country that used to belong to us, a country where most citizen still
    feel connection with Iran and then see their players run around the
    stadium with the saudi flag... :fero:
    who said most Bahraini citizens feel a connection with Iran!!?
    They ran around with a Saudi Flag because we have more things in common with bahrain then you do. We are very close (direct neighbors). we're both Arab countries. Many Saudi Fans attended that game. The countries are so close that they even take Saudi Currency at most stores!!
    Just because Bahrain was once yours, it doesn't mean that they should still feel the connection.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002

we won't
    good! :)

who said most Bahraini citizens feel a connection with Iran!!?
    They ran around with a Saudi Flag because we have more things in common with bahrain then you do. We are very close (direct neighbors). we're both Arab countries. Many Saudi Fans attended that game. The countries are so close that they even take Saudi Currency at most stores!!
    Just because Bahrain was once yours, it doesn't mean that they should still feel the connection.
    well, I told this from what I have experienced...
    I know some Bahraini ppl. here, non of them can speak farsi (their parents can), but they all feel more Iranian than Bahraini's.

I have cousins in iran that often visits UAE and Bahrain for buisness...
    they say everytime they are in Bahrain, in the hotel or in the buisness
    meating by end of the day the game is brought up by the local ppl. and they all say it was a shame how the game ended...

I hope U haven't taken any of this in a bad way...
    what ppl. in Bahrain feel towards us or not is nothing I take time
    thinking abou, it's not important.... so if they feel more connected with saudi's, then it's fine! :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

good! :)

well, I told this from what I have experienced...
    I know some Bahraini ppl. here, non of them can speak farsi (their parents can), but they all feel more Iranian than Bahraini's.

I have cousins in iran that often visits UAE and Bahrain for buisness...
    they say everytime they are in Bahrain, in the hotel or in the buisness
    meating by end of the day the game is brought up by the local ppl. and they all say it was a shame how the game ended...

I hope U haven't taken any of this in a bad way...
    what ppl. in Bahrain feel towards us or not is nothing I take time
    thinking abou, it's not important.... so if they feel more connected with saudi's, then it's fine! :)
    i'm not taking it in a bad way at all! :)

I understand there are many Iranians in Bahrain and even more in the UAE, but they are not the majority in Bahrain. I often go to Bahrain so i aint BSing ;)

it's not that they are or we are your enimies. It's just that they are closer. just as most Saudis and Bahrainis supported Iran against Ireland because we're both asian. :)

Aug 1, 2003
    Ali Daei rocks.

Graham I'm not sure what the match was for (I'm not as patriotic bout my country) but from what the media made out Korea barely survived a victory- they won by one goal or something. Not too sure myself.

Damn. I was hoping we'd trash em or something :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)