iPhone (4 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Ok this is fucking driving me insane, I downloaded the update to my iTunes and then went to sync it with my phone. iTunes asked me if I wanted to backup my iphone before applying the update, I said yes and this process took around five minutes, after which nothing happened. Tried to sync the update again and I got the same message asking me to backup my phone before progressing?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The N9 is a Linux based operating system, the phone all in all was really good, very responsive and looked stable. The lack of applications is a draw back but soon there will be a wide variety.
Nokia says the N9 is the one and only Meego device they'll ever make. WM7 all the way now. Such a shame, it had potential.

When you manufacture a shitty cheap product you obviously move more units because its cheaper to make. Are you saying that Samsung's quality rivals Apple's?
Not necessarily. Just rubbishing your claim that Samsung should stop producing phones when they are actually making a profit and probably their only division that is making a profit when their consumer electronics division is on a decline. And oh, they came up with a better phone (still cheap plastic I must admit) six months before Apple came up with the 4S.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Not necessarily. Just rubbishing your claim that Samsung should stop producing phones when they are actually making a profit and probably their only division that is making a profit when their consumer electronics division is on a decline. And oh, they came up with a better phone (still cheap plastic I must admit) six months before Apple came up with the 4S.
Samsung phones suck, Asif. Its as simple as that.

You can spray air freshener on shit but at the end of the day its still shit.

The same applies to Moto & LG.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
HTC, Lenovo & Asus (and a few others )have put out phones that are truly worthy of Android's brilliance.

Samsung, Moto, etc.. are trying to resurrect their mobile device divisions by TRYING to emulate HTC's formula of quality devices. These manufacturers made the right choice by dumping Symbian just in time (unlike my finnish mistress Nokia) by they aren't in the business for high end devices. If you look at the pricing tiers of Moto & Samsung devices you will see how quickly the price drops 1 month after official release to carriers. This applies to HTC but only because they actually release consistently good devices while Moto and Samsung are in the business of creating entry-level bare-boned smart phones. Just to address the market share of people who want a smart phone but can't afford nor know what to do with one. So they build a cheap entry level model to appease that demographic. Now I'm not saying that the SGS2 is an entry-level phone- it is Samsung's tertiary attempt at the high end smart phone market which is dominated by HTC, RIM and Apple.

They need to stick to the kids table and let the adults do their thing at the grown folks table.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
HTC, Lenovo & Asus (and a few others )have put out phones that are truly worthy of Android's brilliance.

Samsung, Moto, etc.. are trying to resurrect their mobile device divisions by TRYING to emulate HTC's formula of quality devices. These manufacturers made the right choice by dumping Symbian just in time (unlike my finnish mistress Nokia) by they aren't in the business for high end devices. If you look at the pricing tiers of Moto & Samsung devices you will see how quickly the price drops 1 month after official release to carriers. This applies to HTC but only because they actually release consistently good devices while Moto and Samsung are in the business of creating entry-level bare-boned smart phones. Just to address the market share of people who want a smart phone but can't afford nor know what to do with one. So they build a cheap entry level model to appease that demographic. Now I'm not saying that the SGS2 is an entry-level phone- it is Samsung's tertiary attempt at the high end smart phone market which is dominated by HTC, RIM and Apple.

They need to stick to the kids table and let the adults do their thing at the grown folks table.
Well I have had all those makers most recently the HTC inspire and Motorola atrix now having the SGS 2. The other two are no comparison HTC sense is a pain and battery life sucks. Motorola is always buggy. Samsung best screens best skin over android and best all around package. ps also very easily rootable

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

You are seriously being ridiculous. Even before the SGS II they had the SGS I which was a great phone, on par with the iPhone 4, even beat it in some reviews.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Its not an opinion

when a manufacturer tries to penetrate a tier of the market that they have no business being in then there something indicative to that.

But its ok, if people enjoy their Samsung devices then it doesn't bother me. I just know that I'd invest my money into a higher caliber handset from a manufacturer who specializes in creating industry leading devices, not a company that puts great screens on their phones.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Samsung phones suck, Asif. Its as simple as that.

You can spray air freshener on shit but at the end of the day its still shit.

The same applies to Moto & LG.
So you're saying the Koreans should stick to the BBQ tacos, yeah?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)