iPhone (2 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Anybody that used both iOS and Android here? I see all this hype for the new iPhone 4gs but frankyl Samsung galays s ii has much better specs. Does the iOS experience really compensates for the higher price and somewhat worse specifications?
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4951/...rks-800mhz-a5-slightly-slower-gpu-than-ipad-2

It beats the S II, but with the exception of the graphics benchmarks, I doubt you would notice the difference in real world use.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
yes but downloading something like juicedefender which adjusts things when screen goes dark, while the phone is not in use is different that what the above person mentioned

No, but its the same principle. Shut it off if you're not using it. Whats the point in having wifi on when you're out somwehere where you dont have a wifi signal?

I don't think you can do any of that with and iOS device but correct me if I'm wrong
No, i thought that it was Nanna who asked and she ahs an SGS II. My bad.

I've switched between iOS and Android for years now and I will attest that iOS is a more stable and simple mobile OS to use. Android is more customizable (thus the open-source) but the pit falls that follow open source platforms are high as well.

Apple devices aren't high-priced solely because of iOS. The entire device is beautifully crafted with the finest quality in the hardware and build. Remember that every phone manufacturer is using the iPhone as a benchmark in terms of build and features. Android would not be where it is without iOS and the iPhone, but the front runner will always be the iPhone.

Apple does not make a single hardware part on the phone. In fact, I think one of their main suppliers is Samsung.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
No, but its the same principle. Shut it off if you're not using it. Whats the point in having wifi on when you're out somwehere where you dont have a wifi signal?

No, i thought that it was Nanna who asked and she ahs an SGS II. My bad.

Apple does not make a single hardware part on the phone. In fact, I think one of their main suppliers is Samsung.
Its true Samsung is one of there main suppliers

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Well , after 1 hour of using IOS 5 on my Iphone , I can't see much more new things apart from IMessage and few things which could be done with the old software plus the jailbreak .

200 new features my ass .

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Well , after 1 hour of using IOS 5 on my Iphone , I can't see much more new things apart from IMessage and few things which could be done with the old software plus the jailbreak .

200 new features my ass .
Your looking at it from a jailbreaker standpoint. from a regular iphone user there are those features. the regular user doesn't have the notifications or Imessage or camera upgrades etc etc

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
I know that's why I said there is not much more compared to the old software plus the jailbreak .
I so wished they would add the Siri feature , it's so cool , too bad you can get it only on Iphone 4s .

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
say dru, I find this whole topic increasingly boring. phones, I mean. got anything to get me interested?
Troll

The irony in that is Samsung is not doing so well itself and its mobile device division (with the Android) blows. While they supply quality parts to Apple it seems that they can't put out a decent device themselves. The SGS2 is meh and that is supposed to be its flagship handset ATM

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
The irony in that is Samsung is not doing so well itself and its mobile device division (with the Android) blows. While they supply quality parts to Apple it seems that they can't put out a decent device themselves. The SGS2 is meh and that is supposed to be its flagship handset ATM
Everybody in the industry has to be stupid to whoo for the latest galaxy flagship, right?

/sarcasm
Inviato dal mio gt-9100 con tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The reviews and sales contradict your view Dru. The SGSII is the sole reason Samsung is posting record profits this quarter.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Troll

What are you talking about, their mobile division is doing great and they are the worlds second largest mobile phone manufacturer, after Nokia, and catching up steadily?

Check the reviews and the sales

Samsung blows
Like they said, SGS II has sold over 10 million items, and every review about it is great, has won many awards as best phone of the year? Are you serious or not?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I know that's why I said there is not much more compared to the old software plus the jailbreak .
I so wished they would add the Siri feature , it's so cool , too bad you can get it only on Iphone 4s .
Well they had to add an exclusive feature beside the hardware boosts to the 4S this way it would give them a difference from the 4

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Samsung is hurting as a company. Just because they put out one "decent" phone (finally) doesn't mean they are turning a profit. Check the whole company's financials. They should stick to making TVs and leave the phones to the big boys.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Also keep in mind that no other highly acclaimed phones have been released in the same period that the SGS2 was released. Moto drops shitty phones strategically just like Samsung does.

And if people think Nokia is doing well then you need to focus your attention on their smart phones not their dumb phones. And if you are a proponent of their WM launch then you shouldn't be using a smart phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)