iPhone (31 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
Anyone know if the Iphone 5 / iOS6 maps are actually that bad? Ordered my upgrade on Friday and sods law started learning of innumerate problems, especially the Maps....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anyone know if the Iphone 5 / iOS6 maps are actually that bad? Ordered my upgrade on Friday and sods law started learning of innumerate problems, especially the Maps....
I heard it depends on your location. If you're in the US or UK maybe you're probably not affected (much). Whereas for a lot of other users their location isn't mapped.

Jul 28, 2002
The articles I have been referred to suggest the new mapping software is pretty much fallible everywhere...as much as I can understand why, the new mapping software does not recognize Dudley.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The articles I have been referred to suggest the new mapping software is pretty much fallible everywhere...as much as I can understand why, the new mapping software does not recognize Dudley.
It's going to take a long while before Apple can get Maps up to Google's or even Nokia's standard. I've read about instances where the navigation asks the person to take a right in the middle of a bridge :D.
Google will probably release a Google Maps app for iOS pretty soon though. So you don't have to worry. Unless of course the Big Brother at iTunes decide to not allow Google Maps on the iTunes store.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well, isn't that what this whole thing is about? Google/Apple pillow fight? Why else would they discontinue Google Maps on their devices when it's clearly the best?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)