Inzaghi: Beckham is useless (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Soccernet

Champions League winner Filippo Inzaghi has launched a scathing attack on David Beckham, branding Real Madrid's latest recruit "useless".

The AC Milan star let fly after England skipper Beckham turned down a move to Italy in favour of Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Inzaghi says Beckham would not be a hit in Serie A because he would be denied the space afforded to him when he was at Manchester United - and that their defenders would know how to handle him anyway.

"David Beckham would be useless in our side," he said.

"He would not be any help to the Milan squad as we play a totally different type of game to that of the Premiership.

"Beckham would never get the space he is allowed in England or the space he will get in Spain.

"The reason for this is simple - our players are better.

"Serie A defenders are the best in the world. It's not only top defenders like Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro he would struggle against. All forwards would struggle against our defenders.

"Our players are better than those in the same positions in England, Germany or France," he told the News of the World.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
For once Inzaghi did thing, which I like!:eek::D.
To be honest, Beckam isn't that ba:)d, but the hype around him (and god knows what kind of hype I had to endure recently) for a man who is very good player but not an unbelievable one is beyond belief.
Beside, Serie A is not just about having good defenders. The way midfielders press the opposition attackers is top class. And oppositions makes sure that attacker are always outnumbered when he has the ball. This is only possible because the organization and work ethic is extremely good.:).
I don't watch many EPL matches, and ones i watch are quite entertaining but defensive performance put on by Newcastle against Man U is quite shocking for Serie A standards.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well i think so because he hasnt even waited for our supremacy to peak yet. juventus are in no way better than real madrid. we just beat them on that day due to our superior performance and not our superior ability.

we were the giant-killers and not milan. and we played the best in the CL. the only reason he's talking is cuz milan won the CL. I wouldnt say milan are better than real.

and milan are a great team but no way near perfect. id even say we are better than milan since we have an edge over them in defence, even with them having nesta.

pippo is nobody to talk since hes offside more than trezeguet and we complain about trez being useless- we're forgetting pippo.

pippo thinks too much of himself and his team. imho. especially since they lost their last encounter to real 3-1

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
yeah, i agree but in the starting of the season, ex: champions league first round and stuff milan were pretty good, also they beated madrid 3-0 and pippo was like a heroe he scored so much! but i dont think hes good, plus they won the champions league for pure luck -their deffence is good though: maldini+nesta

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Milan beat Real 1-0, Sheva scored off from Rui Costa's magical pass, which in my opinion was the best assist of the season. Real had a decent claim for the penalty in the second half though. Overall, Milan was definetely the better team, and they controled the midfield, and Kahka Kaladze was simply brilliant against Figo. Just as Zambrotta controled Carlos, Kaladze had the upper hand.

Talent wise Milan is just as good if not better than Madrid, IMO. While it is true that Madrid has the famous attacking stars, good defensive players such as Nesta is a talent as well. While media likes to focus on Figo, Carlos, Ronaldo, Raul, in my opinion, less dazzling but equally effective Maldini, and Nesta are just as good.

Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Dida, Gatusso, Rui, Sheva, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Pirlo and not to mention out of form, Redondo, Serginho, Rivaldo, as well as good role players like Billy, Simic, Abbiati, Tomasson, Ambrosini, and now that they have Cafu who may have lost pace but still outstanding player, Milan has every right to start CL as a fav. IMO.:groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)