Interview: Gianluca Zambrotta, Barcelona (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I see how many of you will react the way like Nedved, provided that you are a top player at your peak who has the ability to earn more money and win more honours in a big European club when your own soccer club has got themselves into trouble.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
TBH, I didn't care when Canna, Thuram, Emerson left as much as I felt like I need the spray for my asthma. I've always thought he's the perfect leader after Alex in this team. And come and think of It, Zambrotta already did his mark winning the World Cup, I mean there's nothing better than lifting that thing up... Why couldn't he wait a year with us till we're back??

Anyhow, I still admire him as a player.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i admire him as a player, i dont admire him as a man. used to love him, but now he's Barca's property, so obviously my loyalty is no longer with him.

well, at least he didnt go to RM.. :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Of all the departures this summer, there was one I didnt understand. It happened to be that of Gianluca Zambrotta. He just won the World Cup and more Scudettos with Juve than Roma have done in their entire history. And yet, he found a reason to leave the club when it needed him most. It's not like he would'nt be picked for the Nazionale if he played in B, it wasnt like he was old and his career was in its twilight years. And no offense, it certainly wasnt like Juve was Bari that they'd find it hard to make their way back. The truth is, after seven years together, as fans we had the right to expect more out of Gianluca as an individual. And in less than a matter of a month, he undid it all, packed his bags and wanted out, that too to Milan as a first choice destination. He then left, for Barcelona without as little as a goodbye note. Gianluca Zambrotta, thank you for the memories. But you shall, forever remain unforgiven.

Forza Federico Balzaretti.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
baggio said:
Of all the departures this summer, there was one I didnt understand. It happened to be that of Gianluca Zambrotta. He just won the World Cup and more Scudettos with Juve than Roma have done in their entire history. And yet, he found a reason to leave the club when it needed him most. It's not like he would'nt be picked for the Nazionale if he played in B, it wasnt like he was old and his career was in its twilight years. And no offense, it certainly wasnt like Juve was Bari that they'd find it hard to make their way back. The truth is, after seven years together, as fans we had the right to expect more out of Gianluca as an individual. And in less than a matter of a month, he undid it all, packed his bags and wanted out, that too to Milan as a first choice destination. He then left, for Barcelona without as little as a goodbye note. Gianluca Zambrotta, thank you for the memories. But you shall, forever remain unforgiven.

Forza Federico Balzaretti.
Brilliant speech
+rep

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i think we put too much hope in balzaretti. sure he has won everyone over with his loyalty, and his hearts in the right place, but i doubt he's gonna become a new zambrotta, or even close. personally i put my money more on chiellini than balzaretti.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Balza has hell alot to prove now his said all he has now he has to work really hard improve and become a quality player success will follow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)