Internationals LIVE (10 Viewers)

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I feel sorry for some of you guys, who appear consumed with resentment for English football. Why so bitter? This team of ours is generally quite likeable these days. Certainly since Southgate took over.

Each to their own, I guess.

PS @Seven your boys are NOT getting time off for failing in the Nations League.

Instead of playing the finals vs Portugal, England & France Netherlands; Belgium will instead be playing in a larger Euro 2020 qualifying group of 6 teams, rather than 5 - an extra 2 games. Maybe it’s a trip to San Marino or Azerbaijan or some other backwater instead of sunny Portugal.

Must suck to be a spurs fan, never seen your club or country lift silverware
Must suck to be you.

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I feel sorry for some of you guys, who appear consumed with resentment for English football. Why so bitter? This team of ours is generally quite likeable these days. Certainly since Southgate took over.

Each to their own, I guess.

PS @Seven your boys are NOT getting time off for failing in the Nations League.

Instead of playing the finals vs Portugal, England & France Netherlands; Belgium will instead be playing in a larger Euro 2020 qualifying group of 6 teams, rather than 5 - an extra 2 games. Maybe it’s a trip to San Marino or Azerbaijan or some other backwater instead of sunny Portugal.

Must suck to be you.
I'm glad you are happy, man.

Personally I don't think anyone cares all that much about the Nations League. I don't think France, Spain and Germany cared much in any case. Our own players have even come out and said as much too.

But it is still a trophy and I'd take every chance I'd get to win one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Personally I think it's a blessing we lost though. We don't have to play the silly Nations League tournament in June so our players will get a chance to rest. And more importantly, Switzerland exposed some of our players (and our manager) for what they really are.
Yes, but when you talk down Kompany or this Botoya guy, you need to have look who played for switzerland there. For example Elvedi or almighty Timm Klose ffs :lol:.

I think the biggest difference was what you've written in brackets. It's Petkovic > Martinez.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes, but when you talk down Kompany or this Botoya guy, you need to have look who played for switzerland there. For example Elvedi or almighty Timm Klose ffs :lol:.

I think the biggest difference was what you've written in brackets. It's Petkovic > Martinez.

Martinez is a horrible manager. Batshuayi had just scored twice against Iceland, but for some reason he benches him and decides to play Mertens up front (a formula that has never worked for the national team). This is bad news for Hazard, who tends to do better with a strong central forward he can use to play around. It's no coincidence Eden's game was poor too.

Playing Chadli and Tielemans in the form they are in is suicide too. Inexplicable decision.

And then there's this insistence on a back three... I think at the World Cup we played a couple of great games. Much of that depended on the individual class of our players though and the fact that KDB accepted to do pretty much anything to help the team, even play in a role that doesn't really suit him. But even then we were so exposed. Our comeback against Japan was great, but it wasn't a coincidence we were 0-2 down. Brazil too had a couple of great chances against us.

No, I think our star players (namely Hazard and KDB) have made great strides forward and are among the world's very best. But other than that our team is still at the same level it was 5 years ago.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
But it is still a trophy and I'd take every chance I'd get to win one.
That really is it all just there.

90% of the European nations have next to no chance of winning anything ever.

France, Belgium and Spain (maybe) are all still decent bets for the WC or Euros. England would like to be considered to be at that level too, but are not there yet. Our team is young and unburdened of previous failure but are still hugely inexperienced.

Nations League is the equivalent of Europa. So let’s have a go at winning that first and build from there. No one wins the top tournament at their first attempt.

And it’s so much more interesting than the previous international friendliest with 7 substitutions at HT. I think it’s a great format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)