International Friendly: Italy - Spain (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

So give us an explanation of why Roby schould not go to the EURO...
    In the NT schuold go the bests players and in his role he is it after :totti:
    There are no reasons related to soccer...
    The only reason is that :totti: may have "phsycological problems" to have the most loved player sitting in the bench cause in case he will fail some matchs there will be an enourmos pressure from fans and media to make Roby playing but first-> if he really is a champion he schould not be afraid of pressure and second -> isn't fair that a player have to pay cause he is loved.

I know you are juventini (as I am) but how can you consider fair to see DP, DV or Micco to the EURO and not Baggio when AT THE MOMENT, also forgetting his career, he is objectivly better than tham?
    First of all, let's get things straight. I'm not disrespecting Baggio, his career, or his fans, but as Don Bes said, his time has passed. He was a fantastic player, and I greatly admire the fact that he's still going strong at 37, but to say that he's better than Del Piero and Cassano at this stage of his career is going a bit too far imo. If you had to choose between Cassano and Roby given the campaigns both players have enjoyed, who would you choose?

The reason why I said it's either gonna be Casso or Baggio is because let's say Trap opts to go with the 4-2-3-1 system, where will Roby play? In the Totti role behind the front man, right? Totti has that place on lock, whether we like it or not. Either Camoranesi or Fiore will play on the right, with Del Piero on the left. If Camo starts Fiore will be his sub and vice versa, and Baggio can't play on the left, so that leaves the central attacking midfielder position. Since Roby won't start ahead of Totti, he would have to be his back-up, and if I had to choose between him and Cassano I would go for the latter.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Cassano is not Totti's back-up. But true, Cassano would probably deserve it more if it was between him and Baggio, but that wouldn't be the case in the DP-Baggio duel ... DP has been quite often off the pitch this season and even when he wa on he didn't exactly shine, while Baggio has many injuries too at least he performs every time you send him on the grass.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Trap thinks in terms of funtionality and possibilities of game. The problem with Roberto is that, for his way of playing, he is restricted to a sole position: the man behind the point. He will not be used in the sides.
    totti, cassano, delpiero and miccoli are more polifuntional. And thats an important point to trap.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    But Baggio can fit better than anyone if he is placed behind the hitman in a 4-2-3-1 formation....

------------------Gilardino

--Del Piero-----BAGGIO-----Totti

Apr 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Usually they only encrypt away friendlies and tournaments like WC and Euro championships. I'm almost certain you'll be able to watch the match.
    I sure hope RAI doesn't encrypt it, been waiting way too long for this moment. And as an Italian in Belgium, I don't get to see a lot of Italian football like Juve & Brescia...

Apr 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
    that would be just sad not watching the serie a..
    thankfully they began airing it here like for 2 to 3 years
    although rai always play the friendlies anyways
    Whenever Italy plays friendly games, I'm able to follow them on RaiUno but on some occasions (most likely when it are away games) they encrypt the image.

But hey, even then I watch the games, just a matter of shaking your head from left-right-up-down at the right speed :D

Now I'm just hoping that Baggio scores a hattrick and gives one or two goal-assists ;)

It would kick so much ass!

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    hope vieri proves himself this time ....

but is robby gonna play full time ??

if he is than i dont think micco will play... even tho he deserves it

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #52
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    But Baggio can fit better than anyone if he is placed behind the hitman in a 4-2-3-1 formation....

------------------Gilardino

--Del Piero-----BAGGIO-----Totti
    You think Totti's going to let Baggio come and take his position even though he hasn't played in any of the qualifiers? Not a chance in hell.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    I've never seen Totti play on the right wing before, and even if he could, you know what Totti is like. He wants that central role behind the point striker because he has more freedom to go forward and a better chance of scoring, and with Trap as coach Totti usually gets what Totti wants.

Apr 27, 2004
    Trap closes the door, again.

No more bullshit now, if Baggio wants to be in the Euro squad, he'll have to prove it on the field.

Time to play like thunder and show Trap how wrong he actually is!!

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    i thought baggio said tht he doesnt want to join the azzuri's NT ;)

anyway i gtg nw,match starts after 30 mins :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)