International Friendly: Italy-Northern Ireland (1 Viewer)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
I know most of us on here are thinking more of another game, but the next Italian friendly is one week from today. Tuesday, June 3 in Campobasso. I expect the squad to be named on the weekend, maybe without players involved in the Champions League final, but not sure about that.

The match is to be played at Stadio Nuovo Romagnoli. No idea what the capacity of the stadium is, but I'm sure it's not all that big.

Anyways, should be an "easy" win for Italy. Of course, easy wins don't exist for Italy anymore. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i hope Italia scores at least 3 goals and we dont concede ANY.

Other than that, it's not good enough, even for a friendly.

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    we lose, trap gets sack and Capello becomes manager :extatic:
    God, I'd rather....Mazzone, even with all his 0-0's than "There must be a conspiracy here" Capello.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    This should be an easy one for La Nazionale :) I hope that the players involved in the Champions League finals play because I'm keen to see where Trap will play Del Piero and if he will start Tacchinardi and Zambrotta :rolleyes:

If Trap picks the right squad, then 4-0 to Italia, if not, 2-1 ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I hope Trap plays something like this:

Buffon
    Legrottaglie Nesta Cannavaro
    Tacchinardi Gattuso
    Fiore Totti Zambrotta
    Vieri Del Piero

But I'm expecting something more like this:

Buffon
    Panucci Nesta Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Zanetti Perrotta
    Camoranesi Totti Del Piero
    Vieri

Sucks, doesn't it :wallbang::down:

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I hope Trap plays something like this:

Buffon
    Legrottaglie Nesta Cannavaro
    Tacchinardi Gattuso
    Fiore Totti Zambrotta
    Vieri Del Piero

But I'm expecting something more like this:

Buffon
    Panucci Nesta Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Zanetti Perrotta
    Camoranesi Totti Del Piero
    Vieri

Sucks, doesn't it :wallbang::down:
    Both look fine to me.

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    The squad for this match will be announced on Sunday. Then, the day after this match, a squad will be announced for the Euro 2004 qualifier next week against Finland.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
    God, I'd rather....Mazzone, even with all his 0-0's than "There must be a conspiracy here" Capello.
    :LOL:

Anycase guys forget about Vieri, he is already in holydays (Australia) I don't think he will came back 4 the friendly...

I expect many young and new faces 4 this match, in one side this is good, but at the same time a schame, cause this match is 4 the peaple who was involved in the earthquake and cause in cities like Campobasso they don't have many oportunity to see top class football so I can imagine their disappointment in case just "second lines" will play...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

Both look fine to me.
    I don't like the second because of DP's positioning, and does anyone know about Inzaghi's condition because he limped off in the Coppa Italia final with a thigh strain...

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    i hope, he plays a top flight team, with all the regular azzuris in it. however, it would be nice to see some new talent playing towards the end. i think the azzurri has a good bunch comming up after watch the previous friendly we had against swiss.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    So let's just let Del Piero play so that he can add another NT goal to his current tally of 21 :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Here is the squad that has been selected for the game:

Abbiati (Milan), Toldo (Inter)

Birindelli (Juventus), Bonera (Parma), Cannavaro (Inter), Grosso (Perugia), Ferrari (Parma), Legrottaglie (Chievo), Oddo (Lazio)

Ambrosini (Milan), Di Natale (Empoli), Fiore (Lazio), Nervo (Bologna), Perrotta (Chievo), Tommasi (Roma), Zanetti (Inter)

Corradi (Lazio), Delvecchio (Roma), Di Vaio (Juventus), Miccoli (Perugia)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Those of you who thought it would be a good idea to send a youth squad are thinking the same as Trap then :D

Some potential there, though! Would LOVE to see Miccoli and Corradi play together as well!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Probable lineup: Toldo - Oddo, Cannavaro, Legrottaglie, Birindelli - Zanetti, Perrotta - Fiore, Miccoli, Delvecchio - Corradi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)