International Education - would you study in foreign country? (5 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Geof said:
I know the feeling mate. Last year I visited a friend who was on Erasmus in Parma, we took the car and drove to Torino to attend Juve-Palermo. :)
It was a great weekend!!
Oh my God, that's fantastic. I think Jeeks went there, too. That game was a thriller! We really deserved the championship. There was nothing shady about that particular win and many others.

Are you planning on seeing Juve this season as well? I have my sights on the Napoli clash in March :tup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jem83 said:
Oh my God, that's fantastic. I think Jeeks went there, too. That game was a thriller! We really deserved the championship. There was nothing shady about that particular win and many others.

Are you planning on seeing Juve this season as well? I have my sights on the Napoli clash in March :tup:
March in Turin is not nice, I want to go later when the weather is warmer and the rain is less. Do you have the complete schedule?

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #25
    what about programs? in EF they have academic programs, but also cultural programs.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Jem83 said:
    I'm confused. Could you tell me which team you support? In the meantime, I'll bite my fingernails :pumpkin:
    I don't support any Serie A team anymore but I used to be a Juventus fan. Before you accuse me of a golddigger: I was a big fan when everybody except Juventus appeared to be capable of winning Serie A and I stopped being a fan when they became successful again. For various reasons.

Oh and March in Turin is awful. Seriously :D

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28
    i just read about that erasmus, it seems as i need to be atleast on my second course at my local/home university, before i can join that erasmus program. right?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    I don't support any Serie A team anymore but I used to be a Juventus fan. Before you accuse me of a golddigger: I was a big fan when everybody except Juventus appeared to be capable of winning Serie A and I stopped being a fan when they became successful again. For various reasons.

Come on God damn it, you love this club. You love it!!!

:pint:

As for the weather-reports, I'm a norseman! Such weather doesn't faze me :smoke:

However, there are interesting games in April and May as well. Genoa in April and Bologna in May. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Stephan said:
    i just read about that erasmus, it seems as i need to be atleast on my second course at my local/home university, before i can join that erasmus program. right?
    I'm not sure right now but I think you have to earn so and so many points..

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Erik-with-a-k said:

Just come out the closet already, you know you love Juve (somewhere deep inside your heart). :p

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Jem83 said:
    Come on God damn it, you love this club. You love it!!!

:pint:

As for the weather-reports, I'm a norseman! Such weather doesn't faze me :smoke:

However, there are interesting games in April and May as well. Genoa in April and Bologna in May. I haven't made up my mind yet.
    Genoa is a much better idea. Is it in Genoa?

Zé Tahir said:
    Just come out the closet already, you know you love Juve (somewhere deep inside your heart). :p
    Too bad I thoroughly despise corruption and countries with legal systems and cultures that indirectly encourage it by not being tough enough in fighting it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    Genoa is a much better idea. Is it in Genoa?

Too bad I thoroughly despise corruption and countries with legal systems and cultures that indirectly encourage it by not being tough enough in fighting it.
    Aren't you happy you were born in 20th Century Holland :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Stephan said:
    no, i dont want to party or make friends, i am interested of studyng language(and in a serious way/thats why i am planing to travel to there) , but from their site i read that you can have individual program and if you meant that partyng after lessons with other students in hostel, then they also offer other housings, and one whats quite interesting (but could be risky:shifty:) is living with some local family. Has anyone expierences with that? if its a nice family i think it could be a good way of practising my lessons. But i havent expierenced something like that before so i dont know how helpful and trustful that family can be.
    Sorry Stephan, I didn't notice this post. But my advice is that you just keep on doing what you're already doing, talk to people for advice and get in touch with EF for all of the information you can possibly acquire. I can't really tell you much more than I already have. I had a friend who went along with the EF programme and he didn't think it was very good. If what he said was the truth or just a personal opinion based on his own negative experiences alone, I have no idea because I didn't enquire any further.

The Erasmus programme looks like the shit, though :tup:

As I revealed earlier, I'm gonna go with that.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #37
    what about housing in foreing country (with erasmus program for example). Have you lived in some local hostel for students. Because EF offers the chanse to live in local family.
    The only place what EF offers with italy is Rome, personally i dont have a problem with that though. Because i am more interested of just living and studyng in the local environment.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Stephan said:
    what about housing in foreing country (with erasmus program for example). Have you lived in some local hostel for students. Because EF offers the chanse to live in local family.
    The only place what EF offers with italy is Rome, personally i dont have a problem with that though. Because i am more interested of just living and studyng in the local environment.
    A local family? That sounds like hell.

If you're going to Italy: prepare to have to find your own housing. Your university might help you out with that. In which case they'll offer you a list of addresses you can call, usually you'll end up in a flat with other students like I did. That was awesome.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Stephan said:
    Well if you feel that living with a local family is a good thing, jump on the EF wagon and enjoy your trip.

The Erasmus programme (of course) doesn't offer to stay with local families, they arrange a room for you in a student residence.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    Jem83 said:
    Sorry Stephan, I didn't notice this post. But my advice is that you just keep on doing what you're already doing, talk to people for advice and get in touch with EF for all of the information you can possibly acquire. I can't really tell you much more than I already have. I had a friend who went along with the EF programme and he didn't think it was very good. If what he said was the truth or just a personal opinion based on his own negative experiences alone, I have no idea because I didn't enquire any further.

The Erasmus programme looks like the shit, though :tup:

As I revealed earlier, I'm gonna go with that.
    yeah, well the problem might be though, that obviously every programm (EF or any other) wants to show their "clients" that their programm is exactly the BEST one.

Anyway, if your gona go with erasmus, have you finished your home university? or you will leave it before the end? Because as i understand and already mentioned, you need to be on your second course in your local university to join erasmus program. So, are you on second course or finished your home uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)