[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs LA Galaxy (August 3rd, 2013) (40 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
There's a lot of overreacting going on in this forum but at he same time these performances are cause for concern. We've got time to change it but the whole team looked uncoordinated and disengaged. The point of preseason is to find this but what concerns me is the lack of any sign of progression so far.

Llorente looks really poor, I've not seen him play until he arrived but he's looked really cumbersome and clumsy from what I've seen. We need to sell a striker to counter for his purchase but from what I've seen that will mean weakening. I'm sure he'll improve but I have to say I'm quite disappointed, Amauri-esque.....

Also I'm disappointed we've not given a better account of ourselves to the American public. This is where the PL teams really are ahead of us. They see the commercial opportunities out there and they win fans on each trip. I can honestly say I think we've won very few new admirers over the last few weeks. We should have just stayed in Europe if we weren't going to take it seriously, at least then we wouldn't have had to put the players through the fatigue of travelling

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's not about the results, it's about the displays in the matches. Without our core players and Vucinic we suck.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I think the players are lacking any determination and are getting big headed from all the comments of how we're going to win the league so easily with Tevez and Llorente who so far haven't done much but its still pre-season and theres a lot to go.

Conte needs to keep everyone from becoming complacent

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
Conte needs to start vuci tevez on tuesday, i have no idea why he did matri quags, these games are to experiment. Quags is still a quality player, its matri that needs to go, and i hope llorente doesnt perform like this during the season

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
There's a lot of overreacting going on in this forum but at he same time these performances are cause for concern. We've got time to change it but the whole team looked uncoordinated and disengaged. The point of preseason is to find this but what concerns me is the lack of any sign of progression so far.

Llorente looks really poor, I've not seen him play until he arrived but he's looked really $#@!bersome and clumsy from what I've seen. We need to sell a striker to counter for his purchase but from what I've seen that will mean weakening. I'm sure he'll improve but I have to say I'm quite disappointed, Amauri-esque.....

Also I'm disappointed we've not given a better account of ourselves to the American public. This is where the PL teams really are ahead of us. They see the commercial opportunities out there and they win fans on each trip. I can honestly say I think we've won very few new admirers over the last few weeks. We should have just stayed in Europe if we weren't going to take it seriously, at least then we wouldn't have had to put the players through the fatigue of travelling
Someone who gets it. Good post!

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I think the players are lacking any determination and are getting big headed from all the comments of how we're going to win the league so easily with Tevez and Llorente who so far haven't done much but its still pre-season and theres a lot to go.

Conte needs to keep everyone from becoming complacent

I don't know what all the fuss is over llorente. Everyone is talking about him like he's the 2nd coming of ibra.... Please ppl, if he was so amazing he would have been swooped up by real, barca or a pl team. The only real good signing this summer was Tevez, he's going to make a difference once conte puts him in the right position to succeed and I know conte will. But please ppl. Enough with all this llorente nonsense.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't know what all the fuss is over llorente. Everyone is talking about him like he's the 2nd coming of ibra.... Please ppl, if he was so amazing he would have been swooped up by real, barca or a pl team. The only real good signing this summer was Tevez, he's going to make a difference once conte puts him in the right position to succeed and I know conte will. But please ppl. Enough with all this llorente nonsense.
Yeah, luckily we beat Barca and Real for him.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, didn't you guys see how great Man U were when they lost to the Thailand all stars, now that is $#@!ing PR!

The best of the preseason for me so far has been barca. Lol they invite santos for a friendly then totally destroy them 8-0 lolol. Now that's rude !

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
ahh honestly i am disappointed at our display but that it im just pissed we didnt win but to think we all of a sudden have become worse? come on be real obviously conte is doing something in training our players are not fully fit LA is and yes you cannot compare LA with Juve but you have to remember just how jazzed up these teams are to play against the likes of juve real ac milan chelsea. of course they are going to play the game of their lives come on. Juve can care less we've always cared less and its just how juve is. Yes we do not win any PR battles with the North American public but life goes on. Lazio is where we will be judged for our progress until then lets be pissed we lost but i would worry about our preparations just yet.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Amauri esque. God, everyone who said this should get a lobotomy.
I'm saying today's performance and the game earlier in the week, it reminded me of the way Amauri used to play for us. Are people not allowed opinions that contrast with your own?

It's all I've got to judge him on, I didn't see him play in Spain at all. No one is writing him off, but I have seldom seen a professional footballer consistently take so many heavy touches when under relatively little pressure

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
ahh honestly i am disappointed at our display but that it im just pissed we didnt win but to think we all of a sudden have become worse? come on be real obviously conte is doing something in training our players are not fully fit LA is and yes you cannot compare LA with Juve but you have to remember just how jazzed up these teams are to play against the likes of juve real ac milan chelsea. of course they are going to play the game of their lives come on. Juve can care less we've always cared less and its just how juve is. Yes we do not win any PR battles with the North American public but life goes on. Lazio is where we will be judged for our progress until then lets be pissed we lost but i would worry about our preparations just yet.
I'm not worried. I'm just pissed at the piss poor effort tonight.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah, didn't you guys see how great Man U were when they lost to the Thailand all stars, now that is fucking PR!
Sack Moyes!!!!

But yeah. Case closed. They lost to an All Star J-League team as well, did they not?

These pre season games mean NOTHING. I don't know how many times this needs to be stressed on this forum every single year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)