[International Champions Cup] JUVENTUS vs Everton (July 31, 2013) (5 Viewers)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Christ, you boys are sounding as defensive as your red neighbours :D

I suppose because Martinez has just been relegated at a club with moderate finances playing his pretty football the media are stirring up some trouble. I don't think the Everton owners are the sort to look at things short term, but I suppose you do need to be around mid table at least in his first season.

Everton have better players than Wigan, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: I get the local thing, but please not the crap insults at others. There was a fricking Everton fan on here from Dublin yesterday trolling.

Mate, it was not a dig. Just an observation. Just the reality of it. Juve are a global brand, and atract fans because of how successfull they are.

We get a bad rep in the media, as if we are some kind of yoyo club, that should have been lucky to have Moyes. Truth is, thats bollocks, and its so refreshing that we are trying to play some football, and to look as good at times as one of THE footballing clubs on the planet, sticks 2 fingers up to the media who think without Moyes, we will struggle !

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, for the first time in our friendlies, maybe bar 20min's
He did it for the whole 2nd half at Blackburn.

I like it. Not sure Fellaini is a good fit i it though.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Results wise, it is meaningless.

But we have a new manager, and if you believe the media, little old Everton are going to be relegated now that moyes has jumped the ship!!

We can see progress on the pitch, a new mentality and philosiphy.

Its great we beat a big club, but we also beat Blackburn on saturday and took 7000 fans.....to a friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not wanting to have a dig at anyone.

We are fans that follow our local team, most of us born in the City and support the club through blood and family, not just choosing to support a big club from another country. So wins simply mean more.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not a dig at people. Just an observation on people's locations.
Sounds like the textbook definition of a "dig" to me.

Some of us are not as fortunate to have been born in a city with a big club.

Supporting my local team is difficult as they've been disbanded and then reconstructed in partnership with a lower league team from within the city itself. The standard is so low, one of their most important players is a drinking buddy of mine.

I supported Man United like every other irish kid my age until I was 11 and made a bold move to start supporting an Italian team. A choice I'm still mocked for today by my friends. It'll never make me any less of a fan then somebody living in Turin just because I live in a different country. Over the years ive apent a considerable amount of money going to games and purchasing merchandise from the store as well :stuckup:

Badass mode : deactivated

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mate, it was not a dig. Just an observation. Just the reality of it. Juve are a global brand, and atract fans because of how successfull they are.

We get a bad rep in the media, as if we are some kind of yoyo club, that should have been lucky to have Moyes. Truth is, thats bollocks, and its so refreshing that we are trying to play some football, and to look as good at times as one of THE footballing clubs on the planet, sticks 2 fingers up to the media who think without Moyes, we will struggle !
I get what you are saying but you haven't proven that by beating Juve in a friendly shootout, you'll prove that with results in your competitive league.

First three games you have got Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff. If you don't win one of those games this result will then be relegated back to the complete irrelevance it is. Get on a decent run and you can say it was the springboard, if only for confidence or tactical use.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
I get what you are saying but you haven't proven that by beating Juve in a friendly shootout, you'll prove that with results in your competitive league.

First three games you have got Norwich, West Brom and Cardiff. If you don't win one of those games this result will then be relegated back to the complete irrelevance it is. Get on a decent run and you can say it was the springboard, if only for confidence or tactical use.

It shows signs of positivity, signs we will try to play that way. Which is a breath of fresh air after having 11 years of 'trying not to lose'.

Disagree a little about the results. IF we are are going for the win in these games, and can see they are trying, then we will back it, and go with it.

orchard

Jul 31, 2013
Nice. Should be interesting to see how he does with a solid team at his disposal.
We'll see :)
Like Pablo said, Fellaini wasn't comfortable being pressed, and Gibson was only okay, but this was a fairly extreme stress-test for early doors like. Bringing Ossie on in that formation was almost suicidal because he's really Acm only, especially now. Coleman and Baines were deeper yesterday than at any other time this summer, they've been over the halfway line whenever we've had possession, with Gibson/Fellaini dropping between Distin and Jag's as the option :)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
On the subject of prices. Fellaini was the second most expensive player on the pitch.

Costing more than, Llorente, Pirlo, Tevez, Storari, Marrone, De Ceglie and Peluso combined ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I
Supporting my local team is difficult as they've been disbanded and then reconstructed in partnership with a lower league team from within the city itself. The standard is so low, one of their most important players is a drinking buddy of mine.

I supported Man United like every other irish kid my age until I was 11 and made a bold move to start supporting an Italian team. A choice I'm still mocked for today by my friends. It'll never make me any less of a fan then somebody living in Turin just because I live in a different country. Over the years ive apent a considerable amount of money going to games and purchasing merchandise from the store as well :stuckup:

Same here

you just try supporting an italian team, in the benelux.
where spain and passing are worshipped, an italy is the big evil

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Yup. When I started supporting them I only knew they were Italian club. That's it. I was a kid who had no idea of trophies or prestige.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here

you just try supporting an italian team, in the benelux.
where spain and passing are worshipped, an italy is the big evil
And here as well. England and Spain people mostly like.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fuck pre-season results, man.
We as much as any really should just relax every single summer. It just all comes together wrong for us. Our league starts later, we get grilled for fitness, and then the general indifference that all clubs have.

The only thing interesting for us is fitness and tactical cohesion. As long as we are competing that's good enough.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010

Fair enough.

But you picked a successfull team. You have chosen a team that is a large club. You could have picked any team, but chose the most successfull in its country.

I have not, I support the team I was born into.

Dec 31, 2008
May aswell rename the forum to Glory Hunting Tuz from now on.
:lol:
We as much as any really should just relax every single summer. It just all comes together wrong for us. Our league starts later, we get grilled for fitness, and then the general indifference that all clubs have.

The only thing interesting for us is fitness and tactical cohesion. As long as we are competing that's good enough.
:agree:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Where do you stand on Juventus fans who are foreign, yet spent more on going to watch their team than most local fans?

Most on here have been to watch Juventus live, which in fact is more impressive than a local fan potentially going to 5 or so games a season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fair enough.

But you picked a successfull team. You have chosen a team that is a large club. You could have picked any team, but chose the most successfull in its country.

I have not, I support the team I was born into.
It's not something you pick. I saw them and that was it. I've seen Milan and Ajax before and they were at that time more successful but I felt nothing for those clubs. It's not like we were browsing some catalogue ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you stand on Juventus fans who are foreign, yet spent more on going to watch their team than most local fans?

Most on here have been to watch Juventus live, which in fact is more impressive than a local fan potentially going to 5 or so games a season.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)