~Inter sell Crespo to Chelsea~ (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Transfers update:

Inter linked with Grosso, Lana, Placente, Viduka, Julio Cruz; and officialy signed Gonzalez.

Roma linked with Saha.

Shalke linked with Morientes.

Juve linked with Klose, Fava.

Milan linked with Puyol, Zenden.

Lazio linked with Julio Cruz, Solari.

As for Adriano, Inter need to negotiate with Parma to release him from his loan period which I believe is highly unlikely as Parma are already looking for a partner after they sold Mutu to Chelsea.
How helpful! Thank you :)

I can't believe Inter signed Kily :wallbang: Cuper really is home-sick :D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Hey laziale, what do you think of Sergio coming back? :)
Well, he was very unhappy when he was forced to move to Parma together with Almeyda. He wanted to stay. :)

Thats one thing that makes me hopefull that he'll find some of the old Lazio form. At that time he was simply amasing:)

Give or take, I'm glad to see him back :)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah the Adriano thing is 50-50, however Inter have the option in their favour, so basically it is a kind of loan cos he's obviously going back to Inter next season.

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
It would be so funny if Inter got relegated this season.
i know its impossible but just think about it.

Moratti would probably kill Cuper and then commit suicide!

HAHAHA

OP
Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    Chelsea Complete Crespo Signing

08/26/2003. Big spending Chelsea have completed the signing of Argentine striker Hernan Crespo from Inter Milan.

The 28-year-old was unveiled during the half time of Celtic's 3-0 win against MSK Zilina, which completed the Blues progression into the group stage of the Champions League.

Crespo's arrival take the spending under Roman Abramovich to around £100m, although the exact fee has not been revealed. The club also signed Russian midfielder Alexey Smertin from Bordeaux this week for £3.45m.

If the former Lazio star receives his international clearance in time he'll make his debut against Blackburn on Saturday.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Btw, he cost them £16.8 million. So just like 0.2 mil less than Duff. U think he worth that amt?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Many of the Inter fans are dreaming of signing a big name like Totti (Vieri's dream partner) to make up for Crespo's loss, but the thing is Inter are one of the many teams in red .. and they need cash badly, that's why they refused to sign Chivu even though they had first option on him .. anyway, I think they will replace Crespo with a defender and a less glamourous striker - Julio Cruz is the hot favourite, along with Viduka - in an effort to make Vieri happy .. but I still believe Cuper will start with Vieri-Martins even though I think Oba is still young to face the experienced Serie A defences during this stage of his career ..

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #72
    Oba's pace and skill will compensate his lack of experience, he seemed to be their most inform striker in preseason.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    That's true, but he needs at least 1 full season to get enough experience (like Miccoli had with Perugia) , Serie A is very tough, especially on strikers .. Mutu needed alot of time in Inter and Verona to finally explode with Parma ..

During the same time last year Oba was playing in the Primavera which is very different than the actual thing .. anyway, who knows he can prove me wrong in the end ;)

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    He might cut it through alright, I know he has great potential .. but the thing is I really don't think he is the perfect partner for Vieri, they are too different .. Inter will also rely heavily on crosses (wings) more than ever after signing Gonzalez, Eriberto, and VDM and heading isn't Oba's best thing ..

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #76
    I know where you are coming from. but they must have a striker totaly different from vieri. Crespo was more like Vieri. plus when Both Oba and Vieri played together they seemed to get along well.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Best strike partners would be an all-round attacker and a natural striker .. something like Del Piero-Trezeguet, Lopez-Corradi, Mutu-Adriano, etc. That's why Vieri-Crespo and Pippo-Sheva never really worked I believe .. they don't complete each other ..

OP
    Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    Yeah, that's my point too.
    So i think Oba and Vieri would make a great partnership.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Maybe this is a first sign that Inter will invest in young talents and instead of concentrating on attack, they may try to build more balanced team. And lets not forget., they have Kallon and Recoba in the team, when on form can be devastating. Oba has world beating potential and Adriano is the next phenomeno. And Moratti could end up with signing Freddy Addu, whom I have been forunate enough to see him play, and I can assure you guys that his talent is unreal, and have far higher ceiling than Crespo. It is quite scary thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)