Inter Milan (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I need to know why is it that Inter Milan have not been performing as they should for the last like eight seasons. I need valid and reasonable reasons. Anyone has them?

I personally think it's the Inter mentality and it won't change anytime soon.

Perhaps if they just scrap Inter Milan, create a new club under a new name and "re-buy" the former Inter players, then that new club will be a competing outfit just because they won't be Inter Milan anymore. Sounds crazy but I just feel that might work. It's a curse or something.

I really feel sorry for Inter Milan. I don't understand how it is possible. Let me put it this way. If a club like Chievo bought all of Inter's players, I think Chievo would win everything.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
I need to know why is it that Inter Milan have not been performing as they should for the last like eight seasons. I need valid and reasonable reasons. Anyone has them?

I personally think it's the Inter mentality and it won't change anytime soon.

Perhaps if they just scrap Inter Milan, create a new club under a new name and "re-buy" the former Inter players, then that new club will be a competing outfit just because they won't be Inter Milan anymore. Sounds crazy but I just feel that might work. It's a curse or something.

I really feel sorry for Inter Milan. I don't understand how it is possible. Let me put it this way. If a club like Chievo bought all of Inter's players, I think Chievo would win everything.
Why haven't they performed? One word: Moratti. Next year we will see a different Inter.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
They've had so many troubles this season.... Crespo leaving.. Vieri making a big fuss abt it... the coach leaving etc etc..... it must be very hard to get a team to play well together like this when no 1 is happy.

But they are really doing awfully this season and they will have to do something abt it next season.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
I need to know why is it that Inter Milan have not been performing as they should for the last like eight seasons .
It's been 15 seasons in fact.

Moratti's interfering with the coach's choices and buyings may be one cause of Inter's misfortunes. Oddly though, his recent stepping down as President seems to have made things worse, not better.

I think what Inter lack most is a planner and a football expert like Mazzola (I never understood why they sacked him) and a spiritual leader on the pitch such as Simeone (unsurprisingly, he played a major role in Inter's last Uefa Cup win in 1998).

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I have two major reasons why Inter are crap:

1. They are still with that losers mentality. You can still see that in a lot of their games. Against Milan they were leading 2-0 and instead of playing the same as they did in the first half, they thought they should try to protect their lead. They didn't care about what will happen if they play offensively. They let Milan coming back. Even in last year CL Semi Finals the qualification was in their hands, but they tried to keep it 0-0 and they lost.
They don't believe in their strength. They always blame the referees and sometimes they give up because they think they have no chance or the refs are going to screw them. Then after the game they won't stop blaming the refs.
They always try to keep the score close, even when the other team is totally not in the game. They are pure losers/

2. They are not a team, they are just a collection of good players. I think they have too many foreigners and too many players on their team. sometimes good players don't have a chance to play and the atmosphere is not good. The management buy too many players that are not needed and not in the right position. The manager has too many players on his squad and he doesn't adjust the formation to the players he has. players are playing out of positions. The managment doesn't think about the long term.

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Well It can't be the coach as they have tried nearly every coach in the world already.

It can't be the players, as they have proven players already.

It can't be the fans.

It can't be the financial situation.

Jul 28, 2002
    this un official site kicks the crap out fo the official inter site.

Kits, shoddy (even tho they are merely in different colours to ours)

Id say the turf is a major problem, but Milan seem to deal with it well, its jus when Inter use it it causes problems.

I think they should stop trying to win so desperatly and jus play football.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    this un official site kicks the crap out fo the official inter site.

Kits, shoddy (even tho they are merely in different colours to ours)

Id say the turf is a major problem, but Milan seem to deal with it well, its jus when Inter use it it causes problems.

I think they should stop trying to win so desperatly and jus play football.
    Reminds me of the old Italy.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    You have to build a team too. Look at Arsenal now. They're not hugely different from the team that used to meekly wander home in second, twenty points behind Man Utd. Their defense is slightly weaker, if anything!

Jul 28, 2002
    if they didnt have henry, they would not have goten as good as they ar enow, henry was the catalyst to good football.

Jan 7, 2004
    its a big change. dont expect much next year. it will need time. pkus moratti will still play a role at inter, even though it wont be as noticable (unless he decides to return again)

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    its a big change. dont expect much next year. it will need time. pkus moratti will still play a role at inter, even though it wont be as noticable (unless he decides to return again)
    They will be different next year, but they won't be good for sometime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)