Inter League (Association) Signings (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
As far as I know Cocu and Van Der Meyde are far from done deals...
I've read from Soccerage, Soccernet, and Footballnl.com that Cocu is going to PSV. Furthermore, Cocu said that he was going back to Holland before he signed for PSV, and Barca announced on their website that he had been let go.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    looks reliable enough Sebastian I will update this page soon enough...

there is a lot that has happend including a certain
    Luis Fabiano joining Barca

A Davids Joining Inter

So Write now Italy seems to be doing a bit of cathcing up

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    With Cavenaghi and Wagner Love in Russian LEague soon I think we will see that power switch of Russian LEague leap frogging both Portugese and Dutch league
    despite some of the forum members facination with Holland....

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    With Cavenaghi and Wagner Love in Russian LEague soon I think we will see that power switch of Russian LEague leap frogging both Portugese and Dutch league
    despite some of the forum members facination with Holland....
    That's a bit premature, don't you think? The Russian league is good, but they don't have any teams that can compete in Europe, and they don't have a great youth developement system. Furthermore, the climate is not conducive to playing football for most of the year in most of the country. It will be hard and it will take time for them to develope into a top footballing nation. I think that Switzerland and Turkey have much more upside than Russia.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    You have the right idea, Evelyn. As regards France vs Germany, Germany is certainly a buying league, over the past few years they have signed some of the better Argentine talent and they've always been very fond of Brazilian players. On the other hand, France has clubs just as good or better, probably run much worse than the German are. And that forces them into a position of being a selling league, hardly a year goes by when they aren't selling more than they're buying. Result wise it doesn't really matter all that much, because they have excellent youth training and get a lot of talent through smaller clubs or sign them from abroad, but never the hottest names (Ronaldinho was a great exception to prove the rule). But it does mean they can never be competitive financially with other big European clubs over a long period of time.

Jul 12, 2002
    Ian you disappoint me
    you have always come of as a guy that knows his football to me...
    Its not premature I am spotting a trend I would say its rather oldfashioned not to aknowledge them
    The trend would indicate that the Russian leauge is goign to sign more young talent from abroad in the future. That does not mean that they are going to surpass the Dutch League or the Portugese league.

eerrrmmm
    Let see Lokomotiv Moscow, CSKA and Spartak have made the Russian presence in the second rounds a more or less guarantee and their strength in CL is more cosistant then both Greece, Turkey, Belgium...
    When was the last time a Russian club won the Champion's League? How about for Portugal and Holland?

Come on This is Embarrasing
    the SMENA Academy is arguably amongst the top10 in the world
    :(
    I did not forget about this academy, though I would not place it among the top ten it is a very good academy. However, one good academy does not make a whole league with good youth developement.

You may think this but
    Watterus, Lima, Cavenaghi and Love obvisuly think differently....
    There is no doubt that the Russian league is on the way up, they have a long and difficult path to contention. And those players may have been persuaded to join Russian teams by the money offered to them rather than the potential of the league.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    STOP MOVING MY THREADS AROUND ARROGANT PEOPLE!

No RESPECT for the effort people put in

:(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I understand your point that it can be frustrating to find your threads when they've been moved, but they were moved with good reason e.g. your Inter-league transfer thread, despite being an informative and useful thread, doesn't belong in the Juve transfer forum, especially since none of the transfers listed involve Juve as far as I know.
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    A) This forum is only related to Juventus. So please don't post transfer rumours of Milan or Roma if there isn't any player connected with Juve. Use the misc soccer forum instead.
    e.g. Davids isn't a Juve player anymore. So any further moves to other clubs won't be content for a post here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)