[Int Champs Cup] JUVENTUS vs Calciopoli Directors(August 6, 2013) (67 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I would love to tell you guys the difference between a game and practice, but Allen Iverson can do that a lot better,...so listen....

1.) Once again, its not about the formation. Anybody who says that, is playing football on the playstation but not in real life. The mistakes yesterday were mental mistakes. You could see, that guys were misplacing passes, because they didn't concentrate. Also, we clearly suffered from the hard work and couldn't press Inter because we were k.o after 60 minutes. Even with a 4-3-3 Giorgio would have still made shit passes etc.....football is not always about the formation guys, like its in FIFA or PES

2.) Pirlo, Buffon and co, so the players that had the Confed Cup, are in training for 1 (!!!!) week. I mean........its clear that they are not at 100% now!

3.) Serie A starts at the end of August, than we will continue to talk guys!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Yeah, we should peak at the middle of October.
Well, without the drama in the transfer section, I should've had seen it coming.
So even more than last season we'll be relying on Pirlo's FK's and Vidal's PK's to drag us through. It's a shame the football of 11-12 won't be making a return, no pluckiness involved, just unrelenting dominance from start to finish.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd rather be effective and efficient, ruthless even, as opposed to playing pretty/sexy football and ending up with zero tituli a la Arsenal or utter humiliation (a la Barca against Bayern last season).

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
actually for the past 2 years we didnt really do well in friendlies against major clubs. That doesnt worried me so much, its the poor display by Llorente that worries me. I hope he gets better.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'd rather be effective and efficient, ruthless even, as opposed to playing pretty/sexy football and ending up with zero tituli a la Arsenal or utter humiliation (a la Barca against Bayern last season).
True but our 2011-12 football was effective, efficient and ruthless. Our current brand seems more and more akin to a fish flopping around out on land, no clue of what to do or conviction.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
actually for the past 2 years we didnt really do well in friendlies against major clubs. That doesnt worried me so much, its the poor display by Llorente that worries me. I hope he gets better.
yeah... always looses the ball within the first touch. i though he was going to be very good.

- - - Updated - - -

True but our 2011-12 football was effective, efficient and ruthless. Our current brand seems more and more akin to a fish flopping around out on land, no clue of what to do or conviction.
what formation did conte use in the 2011/2012 season? was it 3-5-2?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
yeah... always looses the ball within the first touch. i though he was going to be very good.

- - - Updated - - -

what formation did conte use in the 2011/2012 season? was it 3-5-2?
How many games did we have to worry about?
Look, the core of this team is also the core of the Azzuri and they played every summer since 2011.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He used 4-3-3 when Pepe was available. Then he switched to 3 in the back to counter Napoli by mirroring their formation if I remember right and pretty much stuck with it. (It could be a different team than Napoli but I remember that it all started specifically to mirror an opponents formation)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Performance wise we have been on a downward trend since Bayern put us out of Europe, after that point we wrapped up the title on auto pilot, but it wasn't pretty to watch in all honesty.

Hope our no.7 gets fit for this season so Conte can mix up the formation every now and then

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He used 4-3-3 when Pepe was available. Then he switched to 3 in the back to counter Napoli by mirroring their formation if I remember right and pretty much stuck with it. (It could be a different team than Napoli but I remember that it all started specifically to mirror an opponents formation)
We played it first against Napoli but went back to 433 or 4141 after that. During an Inter game in March or April when they caused us all sort of problems in the 1st half, Milito mostly, we changed to 352. Bonucci or was it Cacares came in for Pepe. We scored 2 goals and 352 became our main formation.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I would love to tell you guys the difference between a game and practice, but Allen Iverson can do that a lot better,...so listen....

1.) Once again, its not about the formation. Anybody who says that, is playing football on the playstation but not in real life. The mistakes yesterday were mental mistakes. You could see, that guys were misplacing passes, because they didn't concentrate. Also, we clearly suffered from the hard work and couldn't press Inter because we were k.o after 60 minutes. Even with a 4-3-3 Giorgio would have still made shit passes etc.....football is not always about the formation guys, like its in FIFA or PES

2.) Pirlo, Buffon and co, so the players that had the Confed Cup, are in training for 1 (!!!!) week. I mean........its clear that they are not at 100% now!

3.) Serie A starts at the end of August, than we will continue to talk guys!
:agree:
And we did look better already than LA's match.

He needs time.and maybe more than 1-2 months.If we can't wait that long,then we will just rotate.
But he was fucking rotting on the bench the WHOLE SEASON ....it's ALOT.
He needs time,to regain his level back.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He needs time.and maybe more than 1-2 months.If we can't wait that long,then we will just rotate.
But he was fucking rotting on the bench the WHOLE SEASON ....it's ALOT.
He needs time,to regain his level back.
Yes he needs time. Only fans in Italy and media as well will throw stones at him after a while. They won't care about any of this. He needs to be introduced slowly and as a sub at first. Pressure can be devastating for any player.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
We played it first against Napoli but went back to 433 or 4141 after that. During an Inter game in March or April when they caused us all sort of problems in the 1st half, Milito mostly, we changed to 352. Bonucci or was it Cacares came in for Pepe. We scored 2 goals and 352 became our main formation.
where would pep fit in the 3-5-2?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So we didn't win 5-0 in the end? Pretty surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

even more than that, there is no reason why we can't even try asamoah as lwf or isla as rwf...

wtf is wrong with the whole coaching dept....?
Other than Asamoah not being a LWF or a particularly effective attacker there is nothing wrong with this plan.

As for the last part, lol.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The result is not important although it's been the worst preseason since Conte came but the general lack of ideas. Previously even when we lost you could see some good moves, there was some potential. I just hope it's due to NT players lack of training and they just need some time to catch up with the rest of the team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When Zach went through his player ratings basically all the Azzurri players were the worst on the pitch. That should be no surprise.

We'll get going soon enough, but the Confeds coupled with a new strikeforce is a bit of a pain in the ass with the Supercoppa soon up. Obviously we want to win that, so hopefully we have enough to put a good performance in for a game that matters. If not then a battling win, any win, is enough at this stage. The 4-3-3 champagne football stuff is just a nonsense right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)