Incubus (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
Yes I am. IMO this is the only good band around these days.
Hmm... A case of the "things were better in the old days syndrome". Don't quite agree, what about "Queens of the Stoneage" to name one great band now.

They have a DJ, I certainly don't like that. Does their singer rap at anytime?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

They have a DJ, I certainly don't like that. Does their singer rap at anytime?
    ahaa... instantly comparing them to Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, I thought you knew better than that.

Yes, they have a DJ, but in no way do they even begin to compare to all the neu metal bands. They started this DJ thing way before f*ckers like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit got a hold of it. These Neu metal pigs f*cked it up, and gave bands like Incubus a bad name.

A reporter once called their music neu metal, and Brandon was clearly offended. They've worked way to long and hard to be insulted like that. That reporter only refered to neu metal, cuz of the DJ - he clearly didn't have a clue about what Incubus really is. He just saw the DJ and started his crap...

And no, Brandon does not rap, and he will never rap. Rap should be kept in hiphop/pop and stay the hell out of rock music. Not only does it sound stupid, but what's worse is these white guys from surburbia who got a guitar and a rapper, thinking that they are "hard". It was kewl when RATM did it, cuz that it was new at the time, and Zac really had something on his mind... not like the mindless crap Linkin Bizkit spits out.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    ahaa... instantly comparing them to Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, I thought you knew better than that.
    Aaah... You should know that I always know better Anders ;) Chill, ok? :)

I wasn't comparing, I was simply asking, as as you said, sometimes rap can work (like with RATM), even tough it's not often. Not many straightforward rock bands have DJs, so IMO it was a perfectly legitimate question.

I've seen a small interview with Einziger in Guitar World, seems like a decent enough guy.

Will try to check them out sometime.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    I'm chillin' dude :D

It was just the way you said it... forget about it.

Yeah Einziger is pretty cool... kinda weird though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)