I'm gonna be a Mom ! (1 Viewer)

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    My stepsister recently lost her 2 months baby because of miscarriage, which is said to affect 3 every 5 women in Western Europe. It costed her dear to (too?) quickly make her happiness public.

Yourself are only 6 weeks pregnant and even though that's really fantastic news (congratulations), you and your baby are absolutely not out of the critical period yet. Don't air the news too soon. That would be my advice.
    Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your stepsister... :sad:

Secondly, why would I not want to tell people? Would it be considered bad luck if I tell too early? And how soon is too soon? If you're pregnant, and tell people, say, after 14 weeks and then you miscarry, everyone's still gonna know about it anyway.

My mom had a son (right after me), he died the very day after he was born. By then everybody knows that she had given birth. Is it still too early to tell everyone then?

Anyways, I shall leave this up to fate. If God decides to take its life, then I've gotta learn to deal with it, and so would those who already knew :)

Just my 2 cents...:) But thanks for the advice though. :)

OP
    Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    Thanks for all the advice guys, I appreciate it :)

al luqman, huh...:)

I'd probably use DP if I had some Italian blood in me...Unfortunately I don't, so anything Malay-ish and has a good meaning (and must start with M or S) is fine with me ...:D

-S-

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your stepsister... :sad:

Secondly, why would I not want to tell people? Would it be considered bad luck if I tell too early? And how soon is too soon? If you're pregnant, and tell people, say, after 14 weeks and then you miscarry, everyone's still gonna know about it anyway.
    Thanks Sarah. :)

I respect your point of view, even more so as you are the first concerned in well, your pregnancy. I just wanted to warn you that the first weeks are really critical from a medical point of view and that perhaps it's better to wait a bit before informing your relatives. Obviously late miscarriage and sudden death remain a threat.

OP
    Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    I respect your point of view, even more so as you are the first concerned in well, your pregnancy. I just wanted to warn you that the first weeks are really critical from a medical point of view and that perhaps it's better to wait a bit before informing your relatives. Obviously late miscarriage and sudden death remain a threat.
    Thanks mate :) Guess I'll just have to watch my diet/health (and already stopped smoking, mind you :)) and hope for the best :)

eep, melati? :eek: so authentic! :LOL: ...no offense to all the melati's out there...but naming my kid after a flower would be the last thing I'd do...:D

Thanks again y'all :)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Alhamdulillah, It's really good to hear that, Sarah!
    Congratulations! :cheesy:
    Yup, Like Sally said, Surah Al Luqman, Maryam or Yusuf is a really good suggestion :)
    Don't forget to eat vitamins, a lot of fruits and veggies, ok, your baby will be tough! :strong:

So, you're gonna take your baby to see Juve-Real? :lick:
    I suppose you can make an early influence for your baby since you're a fan of both teams ;) :cool:

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    Yes, it's hard for me to believe it myself. As of today, the baby's on its 6th week! :)

Just wanna share my joy with the rest of the forumsters. :)

-S-

Congrats, Sarah!!!

though it's so late!!! ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Congrats, Sarah. If you're looking for a godfather for the child look no further. My services can be acquired for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)