iL Puma (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
Eire said:
emerson in the last month has regained his super form of last season, earlier in the season vieira was getting all the praise thanks to his goals and super displays.

then he got injured and emerson carried this team on his back, he was superb against bayern, roma and the viola. not only is he breaking up opposition play but he has added a very slick through ball to his list of attributes see his pass for ibras goal in rome or for ibra to set up trez against the viola.

emerson has played outstanding in vieira's absence doing the work of two men as giannichedda and blasi were no help at all to him.

the only problem with emerson is he needs a rest every once in a while mr capello
because often after impressing for 6 to 8 games on the bounce he gets tired and plays badly.

i hope his injury late on in florence is minor he is a huge player for juve now slightly under rated as big pat gets the headlines.

anyone have any comments or news on his injury

I don't roll that way.

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Emerson has revealed he turned down an offer from Real Madrid in order to stay with Juventus.

“Last year, I received a proposal from Real, but was happy at Juve and saw no reason to end my contract there,” he explained to Brazilian newspaper ‘Terra Esportes.’

“When a player stays at a club for a long time, he gets better with age. It’s never an easy thing to change your environment and work colleagues, while you must repay the affection shown by the side. If a player is treated well, then there’s no reason to leave just because he can receive a slightly higher wage deal. Contracts should be respected.”

It was well known that the midfielder has been a transfer target for both the Spaniards and Chelsea over the past few seasons, but chose to face accusations of being a traitor when he made the controversial move from Roma to their bitter rivals.

“It was a very difficult time. The people couldn’t understand why a player would ever want to leave the Giallorossi. In our last match against Roma, the fans jeered every time I touched the ball, but I consider that normal enough behaviour. At least they’re criticising the switch and not my style of play. After all, I didn’t leave on a free transfer, so the club profited from my sale.”

Juventus have certainly benefited from the move, as Emerson has brought stability to the midfield and is on track for his second Scudetto in as many seasons.

“The secret to our success is signing great players and that made the entire team stronger. Last year we won the title in tough circumstances, but this term we really started well and set up a comfortable advantage.”

The Bianconeri have a nine-point lead over second-placed Inter, who they face at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Sunday evening.

(source Football Italia).

I bet he does'nt regret that decision, as Real Madrid lost 6-1 recently !!!!!!!!!!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
swag said:
Great candidate. I have to be a little too obvious and give the nod to Trez, but Emo would get a close second vote from me.
Trezequet?
why? do u think he was more constant or efficient/crucial?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
you think zambro hasnt been important? well as i said...we will see how important he really is now when his out for a month......

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
swag said:
Great candidate. I have to be a little too obvious and give the nod to Trez, but Emo would get a close second vote from me.

Trez has been outstanding.....Il Puma is allways underated, If it wasent for his presence in midfield Brazil wouldnt be brazil ....he is off the hook if ya ask me :agree:

Watch the next Juve game and keep an eye on him....he is the key to most of our victories

Forza PUMA!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)