iL Puma (1 Viewer)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
emerson in the last month has regained his super form of last season, earlier in the season vieira was getting all the praise thanks to his goals and super displays.

then he got injured and emerson carried this team on his back, he was superb against bayern, roma and the viola. not only is he breaking up opposition play but he has added a very slick through ball to his list of attributes see his pass for ibras goal in rome or for ibra to set up trez against the viola.

emerson has played outstanding in vieira's absence doing the work of two men as giannichedda and blasi were no help at all to him.

the only problem with emerson is he needs a rest every once in a while mr capello
because often after impressing for 6 to 8 games on the bounce he gets tired and plays badly.

i hope his injury late on in florence is minor he is a huge player for juve now slightly under rated as big pat gets the headlines.

anyone have any comments or news on his injury

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
His injury is nothing serious, was just a knock as far as I know.

Anyway, I fully agree that Emerson is going through a very good patch. He is completely outshining the much praised Vieira at the moment. He seems to bring his game up a notch in big games this season, which I felt was one of his weaker aspects last season. He is also taking more of a balanced role up in midfield. At the start of the season Emerson was purely defensive and Vieira more offensive, but yesterday against Fiorentina I felt it was more balanced; both Emerson and Vieira mixed the defensive with the offensive.

Let's hope Emerson can keep it up and that he won't be overplayed by Capello, like you already wrote.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i think they just complete each other, whenever emo isn't playing that good viera is outstanding, and viceversa. guy imagine if we had a game and both of them were super great in form, we will eat every one who stands in fornt of us

Aug 1, 2003
Perhaps, but wont it be better if both are on extremely fine form? We'd own the world of football :D

I love to watch Emerson play, especially when he does like vs Fiorentina. Just so strong!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Emerson needs a two game rest to bring back to his usual form...plus he deserves it since we have been winning just about everything thanks to his efforts

Forza Puma!!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
he was immense for us on sunday,always so good for us and steady he lets others around him play. vital member of the team who will seldom get the praise he deserves

OP
Eire

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    i think against inter they both dominated the centre midfield and never allowed any supply to adriano and martins.
    hope they are saving their big perfomances for the Cl knockout stages and second half of the scudetto

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    There are times when I worry that Vieira is not assertive and aggressive enough...IMO maybe that is also why Wenger had Gilberto alongside him, just as we have Emerson now.

Il Puma is a force in midfield, sometimes he hunts down his opponents like he can't wait for them to come to him.

Aug 26, 2003
    Desmond said:
    There are times when I worry that Vieira is not assertive and aggressive enough...IMO maybe that is also why Wenger had Gilberto alongside him, just as we have Emerson now.

Il Puma is a force in midfield, sometimes he hunts down his opponents like he can't wait for them to come to him.
    and there are times when he is too agressive!

OP
    Eire

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Desmond said:

in terms of aggression and assertiveness imo vieira and emerson are similar as for gilberto he is like a tame pussycat without vieira beside him, if you would have seen the arsenal blackburn match although arsenal won 3-0 their superior finishing the only difference as stephen reid and robbie savage won the midfield battle hands down over a totally timid gilberto and cesc fabregas who tried hard but could not compete with the raw aggression.

one thing i will say about emerson is he has great positional sense you will rarley ever see him have to recover and perform a sliding tackle he is always in position and always stays on his feet

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
    yeh thats true... Emerson is very disciplined in his play, never taking unessesary risks, position wise and in also with his distribution. Ull find his passes almost always successful, and it's very very hard to depossess him. I guess in a way he plays simple football, gets the job done with minimum fuss and Capello would have developed these aspects in his play, starting from his Roma days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)