Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (225 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
mnementh said:
Yeah, what critics... what did he do wrong all season - nothing. It could have been better one of his best seasons.

You know, I wish there was a law that says the team must play its captain every match if he's not injured - to start every single match. It's really an outrage what's happening. The team is winning at all fronts at impressive numbers so nobody cares, but it's so annoying to people who like Del Piero. It is an insult to the entire club because Del Piero is the captain. Look at Madrid - Raul was playing like shit for 2 years but he kept playing every single game !!!!! :oops: So Del Piero is playing well, but STILL not playing ? Let's face it, the result will be same , whether Del Piero plays or not, the team is strong enough, and it doesn't win because Zlatan is there, or even because Trez is there - despite his many goals - we know the goals can also come from Del Piero, Nedved, Camo, Mutu, Vieira, and just about anyone - Juve is dominaing its matches and will win. So why doesn't Del Piero play in his own team where he is the captain ? What is it ? He needs to prove himself ? He needs to play 3 minutes from the end like a fucken youth player to show what he knows ? He had 12 years in Juventus, he's been there with players who retired before Zlatan started to even play football... it's Zlatan who should come off the bench in the 80th minute... until he proves his worth until HE'LL be in the starting lineup in 2 years or something - it's the natural evolution.

Capello is succedding because the team is great, and he has credit for that, but it's not an excuse for not fielding Del Piero since it wouldn't have harmed the results in any way, might have improved them too. There should be a worldwide outrage about this.
actionly DP does not need to be captain in order to play. his displays are talking for him. even if he was not captain, he had deserved more playing time..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Philipp00 said:
I think that it is totally stupid to criticise a player that only played 5 minutes. It is always difficult if you come in so late.

Lol, thats what I was asking myself, what does that crapello wants more, he put him for 5min, Dp crossed wonderful ball to trezeguet, David didn't know how to finish it...then Dp almost scored and didn't pass, and crapello is still moaning. For fvcking 4min.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Lol, thats what I was asking myself, what does that crapello wants more, he put him for 5min, Dp crossed wonderful ball to trezeguet, David didn't know how to finish it...then Dp almost scored and didn't pass, and crapello is still moaning. For fvcking 4min.
He's a pain the ass that one!

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
mnementh said:
Del Piero isn't lazy nor slow :p

Yeah it was too bad he atleast didn't get an assist for that pass for Trez, that was nice...

Btw, if he plays Coppa, interesting piece : He'll pass capello in Juve with more appearances in the coppa italia (only 36). Interesting how life turns out. Anyway, i think coppa italia is beneath alex's level, that's the truth. And hopefully he'll get more matches to start ahead in serie a and the CL.
Agree!

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Il Re said:
alex needs to play more, or im afraid he will not go to the world cup
I hope Lippi will say something to Capello:) I'm sure he agree with many of us here!But it will never happen. Lippi is to much gentlemen

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
comon, lets be honest, he gets results, but Capello IS A STUBBORN BASTARD, who cant admit when he is wrong, and says he has no favourites and nobody will automatically start yet he clearly favours zlatan and plays him when he is off form...........................FORZA DEL PIERO!!!

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
axlrose85 said:
but a highly succesfull one too.
True, but I still wonder how, I mean he hardly ever changes his tactic, certainly not when it matters most (remember Liverpool in CL last year, we needed to score at Delle Alpi, and yet Capello uses the same tactic which we used when we lost at Anfield). Whenever we are struggling against some big team, he doesn't change anything, like when we played Milan and Bayern. He only uses substitutes when its the 80th minute or something, too late to really change the game.
And then his entire tactic is depended on one hugely talented and gifted ,yet young and hardly at his full potential, player.

I mean these are all points which we all know about, yet noone can deny that Capello is a succesful coach, flawed but succesful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 217)