Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (22 Viewers)

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
Winning the ball in the midfield +3
Smoking a defender +3
Low, hard, precise shot to the far post from 12 meters +3

It's a 9/10 goal. :)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by DP #1 Fan ] ++
Winning the ball in the midfield +3
Smoking a defender +3
Low, hard, precise shot to the far post from 12 meters +3

It's a 9/10 goal. :)
Do you mean # 3, ever?

I am NOT arguing with you, amico mio--just want to understand your post. :)

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
The playmaker has had to be patient the past two seasons with a talented strikeforce at the club limiting his opportunities.

Del Piero shone in midweek for Italy, serving Christian Vieri a beautiful ball for his goal and now he has given Juve the win they needed to keep their pursuers at arm's length.

He almost scored earlier, beating Messina's Marco Zoro Kpolo in the 17th minute before dispatching a 15-yard shot that deflected into the side-netting.

Seven minutes later he made no such mistake, as he won a tackle in midfield, shrugged off one defender, cut inside another and hit home an unstoppable diagonal shot from the edge of the area.
Juve coach Fabio Capello said afterwards: "Del Piero scored an extraordinary goal and the whole team approached this delicate match in the right way.

"Adrian Mutu and Giuliano Giannichedda also impressed me, fighting for every ball. Unfortunately, we were unable to seal up the result earlier, as we certainly had the opportunities to do so. Everyone was solid, organised and the internationals came back more determined than ever."

Capello is one of the most successful Italian tacticians of all time, winning seven League titles with four different clubs - Milan, Real Madrid, Roma and Juventus - but even he had never won his first seven games on the trot .

"I am aware that I am in charge of a remarkably strong squad, but the credit must go to my players for interpreting my concepts of football perfectly. I got the answers I was looking for."

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
The playmaker has had to be patient the past two seasons with a talented strikeforce at the club limiting his opportunities.

Del Piero shone in midweek for Italy, serving Christian Vieri a beautiful ball for his goal and now he has given Juve the win they needed to keep their pursuers at arm's length.

He almost scored earlier, beating Messina's Marco Zoro Kpolo in the 17th minute before dispatching a 15-yard shot that deflected into the side-netting.

Seven minutes later he made no such mistake, as he won a tackle in midfield, shrugged off one defender, cut inside another and hit home an unstoppable diagonal shot from the edge of the area.
Juve coach Fabio Capello said afterwards: "Del Piero scored an extraordinary goal and the whole team approached this delicate match in the right way.

"Adrian Mutu and Giuliano Giannichedda also impressed me, fighting for every ball. Unfortunately, we were unable to seal up the result earlier, as we certainly had the opportunities to do so. Everyone was solid, organised and the internationals came back more determined than ever."

Capello is one of the most successful Italian tacticians of all time, winning seven League titles with four different clubs - Milan, Real Madrid, Roma and Juventus - but even he had never won his first seven games on the trot .

"I am aware that I am in charge of a remarkably strong squad, but the credit must go to my players for interpreting my concepts of football perfectly. I got the answers I was looking for."

Awesome post, lestat, amico mio. Cap couldn't resist taking a bit of the credit....and he was right. :)

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
did you see the goal my friend? there´s something about dp´s goals that make me scream a thousand times louder than for any of our other goals. specially this one, not only a class-goal. but also the game-winner:D

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
did you see the goal my friend? there´s something about dp´s goals that make me scream a thousand times louder than for any of our other goals. specially this one, not only a class-goal. but also the game-winner:D
Sure did, amico mio. :D

I finally have all the Serie A matches and all the CL matches.

Hoping someone will post Coppa/WC (if WC is not free)

What a win.

I can't sleep:cool:

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++

Codino, amico mio, I'm sure you've seen many, many more goals than I have--I followed this beautiful sport mainly in the papers (before this year) and on the occasional visit to Italy. How do you rate this goal--in its totality--set up--run and goal?
thats perfect really. the urgency in winning the ball, beats the player, and that finish was very sweet.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

thats perfect really. the urgency in winning the ball, beats the player, and that finish was very sweet.

I thought so, too. A thing of absolute beauty. Thanks for confirming, amico mio. :)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
BTW, they aired the match as "live" at 3PM here---but that would have been midnight there--obviously not right...

What time (there) did it actually take place?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Just proves that Capello's tactics with DP are working perfectly. In the past years I rarely remember DP playing back-to-back excellent games cos consistency was always his main problem. The way Capello is using him is giving us the opportunity to get the best out of him in every occasion he plays him in :)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
lets hope del piero continues his spell of good form and that its NOT short lived.
his confidence level is rising,which is a great sign.his biggest enemy is his low confidence spell,and when he manages to shrug that off,he can be brilliant.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Just proves that Capello's tactics with DP are working perfectly. In the past years I rarely remember DP playing back-to-back excellent games cos consistency was always his main problem. The way Capello is using him is giving us the opportunity to get the best out of him in every occasion he plays him in :)
Dead on. :)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jussiut ] ++
I wonder where Don Bes is with his so called "DP realism" now that there is a reason to praise him. :D

Aah, the hypocrisy...

quite frankly bro i have not been able to see the game and/or the highlights of the game. i just saw the goal and i dont need to prove you anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)