Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (35 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Del Piero: Me Or Cassano? Both!
10/11/2005 6:10:00 AM
The Juventus forward would like to see both him and Cassano at the next World Cup.
Now that Italy has qualified for the 2006 edition of the World Cup, Marcello Lippi will have to take the decision of which players to take to Germany, and which to leave back home in Italy.

The most difficult choice seems that related to the fifth and last striker position which the media have already identified to be one between Del Piero and Cassano, something which did not go down too well with the Bianconeri’s captain.

“Someone always sponsors this little game with me. Del Piero and Cassano together? Why not?”

Italian legend Paolo Rossi declared that he would prefer the Roma player to Del Piero.

“What can I tell you? I supported him during the World Cup: if I don’t have his respect, I hope I have that of somebody else.”

Pinturicchio is expected to start on Wednesday in the last qualifying match for the Azzurri.

“My last match was against Ireland. Now I would like to celebrate my return with a goal, just like in the first leg against Moldova. It doesn’t matter that we’re already qualified, I give the right meaning to this match: when I undertake a commitment, I take it forward."

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Yes It's a very difficult choice ...

I bet you anything that Capello is going to bench him the whole season so he wouldn't get to play in the World cup :(

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
The Juventus forward would like to see both him and Cassano at the next World Cup.
Now that Italy has qualified for the 2006 edition of the World Cup, Marcello Lippi will have to take the decision of which players to take to Germany, and which to leave back home in Italy.

The most difficult choice seems that related to the fifth and last striker position which the media have already identified to be one between Del Piero and Cassano, something which did not go down too well with the Bianconeri’s captain.

“Someone always sponsors this little game with me. Del Piero and Cassano together? Why not?”

Italian legend Paolo Rossi declared that he would prefer the Roma player to Del Piero.

“What can I tell you? I supported him during the World Cup: if I don’t have his respect, I hope I have that of somebody else.”

Pinturicchio is expected to start on Wednesday in the last qualifying match for the Azzurri.

“My last match was against Ireland. Now I would like to celebrate my return with a goal, just like in the first leg against Moldova. It doesn’t matter that we’re already qualified, I give the right meaning to this match: when I undertake a commitment, I take it forward."
both of them must go:

Gilardino, Iaguinta, Toni, Totti, Del Piero, Cassano

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Lippi issues Del Piero warning Tuesday 11 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Marcello Lippi has made the shock admission that Alex Del Piero may not be selected for the 2006 World Cup Finals.

The Juventus captain was once an untouchable figure in the national squad, but he has been warned on Tuesday that he isn’t assured of making the trip to Germany.

Although Del Piero will start against Moldova on Wednesday, the tactician has taken the extraordinary step of publicly questioning the 31-year-old’s ability.

"I have to be honest, Del Piero is not part of the group of players who are certain to be included in the squad," Lippi stated.

"There are some individuals here who will go to the World Cup, others will have to earn their place.

"But Del Piero is an intelligent man. If he continues to work hard as he is doing now then there won’t be a problem.

"All of the players from now on must do well game after game, that is their destiny at this time."

Although Lippi and Del Piero worked together successfully at Juventus in the past, the Bianconeri legend is no longer assured of a first team shirt in Turin under Fabio Capello.

He will probably also face stiff competition from Roma’s Antonio Cassano for a spot in the final 23-man squad.

Lippi has confirmed that Alex will form a trident attack alongside Christian Vieri and Vincenzo Iaquinta on Wednesday.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

The thing I would like the most is Del Piero with the goal.
Forza il Capitano!!!!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Capello su Del Piero: "E' un esempio"
12 10 2005

Fabio Capello difede Alex Del Piero e parla del suo rapporto col capitano della Juve: "Essere al centro della critica fa parte del nostro mestiere, soprattutto per i giocatori importanti che hanno dato tanto al calcio italiano. Non è semplice sopportare tutto, ma Alex ha un grande carattere, una grande umiltà, è un esempio per tutti. Il mio rapporto con il giocatore? Non ho mai creato un caso, faccio delle scelte in base a quanto vedo in allenamento e a seconda delle partite"

sports.it

Pretty much it says that CApello thinks that DP its a example of a player.

And also he says that he doesnt have anything against him, and that his choises are made for what he sees in trainings.

ForzaFerrari

Oct 12, 2005
Well, as a big Del Piero fan, I must admit...today he has to play superb and score, otherwise he will be dumped by Lippi. And I understand his choice.

Del Piero just needs to do it today, it's his last chance.

His last.

He needs to shine, and prove them all wrong.

Once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)