Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (240 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ForzaFerrari ] ++
Well, as a big Del Piero fan, I must admit...today he has to play superb and score, otherwise he will be dumped by Lippi. And I understand his choice.

Del Piero just needs to do it today, it's his last chance.

His last.

He needs to shine, and prove them all wrong.

Once again.
his last chance?? why, it it is about chances, than should Vieri be out of the team. he does not even score for his club. And Iaquinta has never done anything. he should be out too. DP has showen his class often and it will be a fault to let him out.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

his last chance?? why, it it is about chances, than should Vieri be out of the team. he does not even score for his club. And Iaquinta has never done anything. he should be out too. DP has showen his class often and it will be a fault to let him out.

for italy in a major tournament

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++
his last chance?? why, it it is about chances , than should Vieri be out of the team. he does not even score for his club. And Iaquinta has never done anything. he should be out too. DP has showen his class often and it will be a fault to let him out.
exactly. it comes down to whether hes good enough or not. we all know hes capable, its just the consistancy has always let him down. but im sure we'll see him in germany. but i hope we dont bring too many forwards just beacause they 'merit'

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Del Piero answers his critics Wednesday 12 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero was the star of the show against Moldova, answering those critics who claim he shouldn’t go to the World Cup.

“I am very satisfied with my performance, although of course to score a goal would’ve been the icing on the cake,” said the captain after Italy’s 2-1 win. “The most important thing was to play well for 90 minutes, as I’ve scored many goals in my career, so I don’t mind being left empty-handed.”

The Juventus man was in the headlines this week, as Coach Marcello Lippi announced that Del Piero was by no means certain of a place in the 2006 World Cup squad, especially if he continues to warm the bench in Turin.

“I have nothing to say to that, as it was his right to make that consideration. I think we are all in the running for this squad and the tactician should be free to make his choices. If someone has a poor season in the run-up to the tournament, then it’s understandable he’ll be dropped. Obviously I hope to play a lot of football – and of good quality – but all I can do is give 100 per cent when I’m on the field.”

The Stadio Via del Mare crowd was right behind Del Piero and he certainly appreciated the support after being such a bone of contention in the Press.

“This match represents an important step for me, but the entire campaign will be more decisive. I must thank the people of Lecce for cheering me on, as it gave me a great deal tonight.”

Azzurri legend Gigi Riva also rushed to Del Piero’s defence following the reams of newspaper print on his status.

“Del Piero was very motivated and really wanted to prove a point tonight. Nonetheless, we should not be remotely surprised by this performance, as he is a world class player and has been proving that for the last 10 years.”

Bianconeri team-mate Gianluca Zambrotta gave an insider’s view on the situation at Juventus this season.

“Alessandro has never been questioned in my eyes, as he has proved he’s on great form and tonight took people on with great ease. It’s clear that he’s not happy at being on the bench, but there are many world class players at Juventus and he’s willing to wait his turn.”

Italy have completed their World Cup qualifying campaign with seven wins, two draws and just one defeat – having scored 17 goals and conceded eight. Norway enter the play-offs from Group Five.

“We played well and certainly improved after the break, creating several scoring opportunities,” added Zambrotta. “The important thing was to maintain this good run of results.”

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
del piero was a star in the match he was simply great he dribbles 2 players at a time with the ease of a 17 year old and also an assist to vieri which is unbeliavable, if he stays in that form it would be imp to keep him on bench

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
I still don't understand why he got a yellow card
He didn't push the goalkeeper in any way ...
it could be because he lifted his leg in front of the gk to shoot the ball, lippi was interviewed and he liked del piero as always he said that the match was a very difficult one due to lack of motivation

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Del Piero a Capello: 'Per andare in Germania devo giocare'
Mercoledì, 12 ottobre @ 23:24:52 CEST
"Sono molto soddisfatto. È stato una bella serata". Alessandro Del Piero commenta così la gara vinta 2-1 dall'Italia contro la Moldova. "Questa partita - dice il capitano della Juventus - rappresenta un passo importante. Era molto difficile per noi oggi fare una grande gara. Abbiamo tirato fuori una buona prestazione". Sulle scelte di Lippi Del Piero non vuole fare polemiche: "Credo che sia giusto fare tutti i tipi di scelta possibili - sottolinea l'azzurro che poi lancia un messaggio velato a Capello -. È chiaro che per andare al Mondiale bisogna giocare".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 237)