Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (55 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

how many people are in your OK list? how many lists do you have?
Only one list...;)
Na...
But there are somepeople here you respect for thier opinions and attitude.
Or maybe It´s just "first impresion last".

You are one of them, Azzurri7, John #10, Jeeks and Erkka plus some others...
And for those who know Erkka and I battled out quite hard yesterday..., so its not about sharing opinion.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Only one list...;)
Na...
But there are somepeople here you respect for thier opinions and attitude.
Or maybe It´s just "first impresion last".

You are one of them, Azzurri7, John #10, Jeeks and Erkka plus some others...
And for those who know Erkka and I battled out quite hard yesterday..., so its not about sharing opinion.
Ok I understand your point mate

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
i had no patience to read all 4000+ replies, so if i am repeating, sorry

To be short:

A coaches task is not to be good friend of a player but to bring the best out of him. Sometimes this way, sometimes the other. Dp played better last year then the year before, and played well this season when it was needed.

I can easily imagine that he was a bit comfortable during the end of Lippi era, as he was untouchable and that usually doesnt encourage someone to work at his limits.

Moreover Alex always lacked a bit of arrogance, or ego, or agressivity (call it whatever you want) and i think thats one of the things Capello aims to wake up in him. Dp is just a bit too niceguy imo, so if he gets a bit pissed off to Capello, but plays better (or more efficient) than both the coach and the supporters should be satisfied.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Juventus captain Alessandro del Piero says the happiest man after his two goals against Ascoli was Lapo Elkann.

The Juve patron was quoted by the local press last week claiming Del Piero wasn't worth his wages, but was quick to get on the phone insisting he was misquoted, as the player revealed yesterday: "Lapo will for sure be very happy about my success.

"The day after that story was published, he phoned swearing to me that he never said that phrase and explained he would never say such things about me.

"For me, that was enough because he has always been true to his word with me

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Juventus coach Fabio Capello heaped praise on captain Alessandro del Piero after he crowned his first team return with a brace against Ascoli.
"I was expecting him to do well," said Capello, who hasn't been afraid of dropping Del Piero from the line-up in the past.

"Alex allowed us to win the game, but I had already said that he was looking really good in training.

"He has been simply extraordinary over the last few weeks. He's not played but has conducted himself in an exemplary manner."

The Italian international has had a tough time of it in Turin since Capello's arrival, but he concedes he has to accept the Coach's decisions.

"I have conducted myself in this manner because I am the captain of this team," explained the fan favourite.

"I am always serene and if there are problems then they are only discussed within the squad itself."

"I'm very happy with my performance as I basically hadn't played for a month," continued Del Piero.

"It wasn't an easy game for us at all, especially as we were not as brilliant as we usually are.

"But nothing changes for me. I will now start again with training and the hard work which I have always done."

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
Juventus captain Alessandro del Piero says the happiest man after his two goals against Ascoli was Lapo Elkann.

The Juve patron was quoted by the local press last week claiming Del Piero wasn't worth his wages, but was quick to get on the phone insisting he was misquoted, as the player revealed yesterday: "Lapo will for sure be very happy about my success.

"The day after that story was published, he phoned swearing to me that he never said that phrase and explained he would never say such things about me.

"For me, that was enough because he has always been true to his word with me
damn media :fero:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lavenderguy ] ++
if Capello knows how to use del piero..del piero is a fearsome player =) just he has to got his mentality right....and not get drown in d game...
First of all Capello has to actually play him in the first place. ;)

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
AS Roma captain Francesco Totti has denied attacking Juventus in the press.

Totti insists he has great respect for Juve - and particularly Alessandro del Piero. He said before last night's clash: "Del Piero is a great player, he never created controversy, despite being on the bench.

"I can see us playing well together - and I have not ever said that Juve are unpleasant."

Totti also commented on player comparisons: "Maradona is better than Pelè, I prefer Robinho to Messi. The Brazilian from Real Madrid plays my type of game, a fantasy, skill and instinct.

"But, for sure, Italy does not have to envy to anybody."

aman

Feb 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
DP will proceed to be Juve's all time top scorer before the end of this season
For sure. He's only got 4 left right? I think he'll break the record before the Christmas break. Damn, he could very well have done it by the end of next week. A bit too optimistic perhaps? Oh well, forza Ale!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)