Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (203 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
This is pointless,we have our arguments for Del Piero,the other side has the oposite arguments.We will never find the solution,the thread is rising every day,and the only point is that we don't decide anything ,the board is the boss of the situation.

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
I saw the re-run of the cup game tonight.

In the beginning DP would lose the ball a lot. He missed an open goal, how I can't tell you. :p Then he started playin a bit better. His FK were dangerous as were his crosses from the wing.

Would I start him in the next game? It'd be between him and Mutu to partner Zlatan. Trez was useless.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
camoranesi hit most of the free kicks actually
At last....

Camo made the better crosses and played the better ball from free kicks.

DP if Im not mistaken made 2 good free kick crosses and a very average direct free kick no pace was on target but would have beaten no one.

DP did play better towards the end of the match, from a 4 rating to a 5, but still too little to start infront of Mutu and even Zalayeta. If anybody was the weak link that game, it was DP ever since he stepped on to the pitch.

although many say trez was invisible, I think he was working pretty well with Ibra. Just no their day. (or night)

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
TYEa vonam you cant go say dp was crap and than say that with 70 mins trez really worked hard. BUt in the end what did trez do. Nothing. And you put alot of blame and criticism into delpiero yet he only had like 30 mins and ibra had 70. Sure ibra can do all his fancy moves and shit but did you see where his crosses were going. NOwhere. Ibra and trez were no better than del piero and mutu and zalayeta

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I dont blame DP for the loss...but I criticize him for his form. I don't think he was the main reason we lost, I said in another thread that Zlatan also had a very good opportunity. And yes Trez lacked effectiveness, he is frustrating to watch at times too, but thats who he is,he goes invisible then pounces on loose balls and chances, which is why he got a goal.

The fact is that DP had the best opportunity and that Juve's game wasn't as fluid ever since he came on. You gotta admit, his passing was even horrible, could play a simple pass. even the commentator was saying "dear oh dear, a sad sight to see a former legend playing like this" (sumthin like that).

I actually feel sorry for him, it must be frustrating to try to prove yourself and earn a spot, yet somehow failing (ATM)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
La grinta di Del Piero: "Sono pronto a difendere lo scudetto"

Alessandro Del Piero non cade mai. Il capitano bianconero, infatti, e' pronto ad aggredire una nuova stagione.

"Non vedo l'ora di ricominciare - ha assicurato il numero dieci -, tanto piu' se c'e' ancora una volta uno scudetto da difendere". Attraverso il proprio sito ufficiale Alex e' anche tornato a parlare della sconfitta subita in Supercoppa: "Nonostante una buona gara nell'arco dei 120' - ha fatto notare - con tante note positive dal punto di vista del gioco, della condizione, delle occasioni create, il trofeo e' andato all'Inter. Faccio i complimenti ai nerazzurri, una maggiore concretezza ha consentito loro di segnare il gol che a noi e' mancato. Ci resta, come dicevo, la consapevolezza di una prestazione convincente".

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I dont blame DP for the loss...but I criticize him for his form. I don't think he was the main reason we lost, I said in another thread that Zlatan also had a very good opportunity. And yes Trez lacked effectiveness, he is frustrating to watch at times too, but thats who he is,he goes invisible then pounces on loose balls and chances, which is why he got a goal.

The fact is that DP had the best opportunity and that Juve's game wasn't as fluid ever since he came on. You gotta admit, his passing was even horrible, could play a simple pass. even the commentator was saying "dear oh dear, a sad sight to see a former legend playing like this" (sumthin like that).

I actually feel sorry for him, it must be frustrating to try to prove yourself and earn a spot, yet somehow failing (ATM)
You just make it seem as if this is the be all end all for him, but in reality its not. Del Piero is Del Piero and only hell judege what he can do but dont base one performance on how his season will turn out to be

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
DP started awfully. It was a pretty bad sight. Towards the end though he started playing better especially with his crosses. That compensated something.

It's funny again to notice how the match thread was suddenly all about Del Piero. Zalayeta had a poor game (he didn't do anything) and Mutu, for the short period he was on the pitch, didn't do anything but magically nobody remembers their performances next week. But DP's lack of form in Supercup will always be remembered. :D

Let's see how the season begins. I actually feel quite positively about the chance of Capello fielding three forwards simultaneously so we should see Mutu and DP quite a bit. It should be interesting.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Del Piero was the only player who had a free role in the team while Lippi was allenatore.Now he even can't get a decent chance for playing,and whenever we lose ,Del Piero is guilty(of course if he is playing).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 199)