Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (80 Viewers)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Jeeks asked me to reconsider my decision. Which I'm actually doing as well. Despite my statements earlier on, I do know this forum has some quality members. People who are funny, intelligent and know their football (e.g. Jeeks, Erik, Shadowfax, Mikhail, Stuart and others).

I like having discussions with these people and I like talking to them about football. But I'm afraid this forum has annoyed me more than it has amused me.

There seems to be a village mentality in here, which is pretty much ludicrous. This forum is about two things:
a) Alessandro Del Piero
b) Saying what this guy or that girl should or shouldn't have said.

I already stated what I think about the Del Piero discussions in this forum. Point b is an equally annoying trend and I want to keep as far from it as possible.

So I'm sorry, but unless someone can give me some good arguments on why it's useful for me to keep posting on this forum, I'm gone. If I annoy certain members by leaving, I apologise.
you can't just leave because of that man!!and you can't change them .. fools are fools,that will not change if you leave or not..

btw why people are taking the forums so serioulsy nowadays :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Jeeks asked me to reconsider my decision. Which I'm actually doing as well. Despite my statements earlier on, I do know this forum has some quality members. People who are funny, intelligent and know their football (e.g. Jeeks, Erik, Shadowfax, Mikhail, Stuart and others).

I like having discussions with these people and I like talking to them about football. But I'm afraid this forum has annoyed me more than it has amused me.

There seems to be a village mentality in here, which is pretty much ludicrous. This forum is about two things:
a) Alessandro Del Piero
b) Saying what this guy or that girl should or shouldn't have said.

I already stated what I think about the Del Piero discussions in this forum. Point b is an equally annoying trend and I want to keep as far from it as possible.

So I'm sorry, but unless someone can give me some good arguments on why it's useful for me to keep posting on this forum, I'm gone. If I annoy certain members by leaving, I apologise.
Let we put it this way,

1 - this is not the place for making friendship or something similar,but this is the quality place to discuss about your favorite club with others(who at least agree about their favorite club with tou).

2 - Here you can find something new about seria a and it's clubs,transfers,players and their injuries...

3 - You can learn something about the people from different countries,and about different cultures.

Forget about the Del Piero haters.......about every God damn thing in the World there are devided opinions,and that is the main problem of humanity itself (we destroy our species thanks to that)....so don't let that different opinions drive you out of here.

OK??????

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
Forget about the Del Piero haters.......about every God damn thing in the World there are devided opinions,and that is the main problem of humanity itself (we destroy our species thanks to that)....so don't let that different opinions drive you out of here.
So we should all become robots and agree on the exact same things, my how your world sounds so very boring.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Its simply, until people can start accepting views from both side of this argument then its pointless

for example:

My argument against Del Piero is simply, he is at one of the top Italian clubs, and he SHOULD be a top player.
He is still,IMO.

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++ In My Opinion he no longer has that the same influence or prowess on the pitch, would anyone here say Del Piero is in the top 20 of strikers/forwards in the world?
Thanx to injuries and Capello's first choice - ibrahim.Even when Del Piero is giving his best he is substituted.

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++If not then the simple argument in my opinion is that he doesnt belong there and is really at Juve from reputation.
He is not!

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++ Although I can admit he did well for Juventus last season, not as good as he could of but not bad either. Ultimately next season is make or break, if Capello keeps him he will need to improve on his overall return for the club, in goals and assists, because Capello knows that he can find someone better, and he will.
You can always find someone better,but there is no any way to find someone who loves Juve as Del Piero,who kisses the Juve sign(hump) after the goal etc.
He is one and only :Captain, tele controller,magician,master....in one word Del Piero.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004

So we should all become robots and agree on the exact same things, my how your world sounds so very boring.
No,ofcourse not,but we should be less oportunist , and more agreable.Don't you think that the world would be a better place for living than?

And one more thing ,do I look much more amusing(not boring) to you ,having the different way of thinking from you, in the case "DEL PIERO"?????

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
so seven your quitting because not 100% of this forums loves delpiero?

please. i always enjoy reading your posts and when i do read them i know that their is a footballing brain their. and ur commitment to him, altough i think its a bit over the top, i admire.

but this.. this is childish. we know that there is a number of people here that havent been here as long as some of us and dont quite have the feeling of the forum. just ignore it.

and remember us so called 'delpiero haters' or whatever, are not in anyway bad mouthing the man himself, (as iv commended him numerous times in this department) but hes performences on the pitch.

i do not go for juventus. i go for italy. and i want the best possible players to be in my countrys squad. and for many years he has not impressed me in the blue shirt. hence my disliking of him. BUT, with juventus i have seen delpiero play some wonderful games and i did love to watch him as a youngster. it was kind of exciting to see such a young prospect. but those years have gone and iv moved on. and some others should do the same.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It might be different at this time of the year Seven, and the reason is the off-season. The season will soon start and more reasonable football discussion will arise. I know you had a hard time arguing about Del Piero, but I am sure at the same time you enjoyed it and it was just for the good of you (the more you argue the more it imprves your reasoning; provided that the one you are arguin with is not an IDIOT).

You told me last night that you will keep on reading but will not be posting. If you are to do that, I can only see you attracted to the discussion and will be posting again.

Take it easy, and don't take things too seriously.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
All I know is that the world would be a far more boring place if people didnt have different views and didnt argue them
do I look much more amusing(not boring) to you ,having the different way of thinking from you, in the case "DEL PIERO"?????

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
so seven your quitting because not 100% of this forums loves delpiero?

please. i always enjoy reading your posts and when i do read them i know that their is a footballing brain their. and ur commitment to him, altough i think its a bit over the top, i admire.

but this.. this is childish. we know that there is a number of people here that havent been here as long as some of us and dont quite have the feeling of the forum. just ignore it.

and remember us so called 'delpiero haters' or whatever, are not in anyway bad mouthing the man himself, (as iv commended him numerous times in this department) but hes performences on the pitch.

i do not go for juventus. i go for italy. and i want the best possible players to be in my countrys squad. and for many years he has not impressed me in the blue shirt. hence my disliking of him. BUT, with juventus i have seen delpiero play some wonderful games and i did love to watch him as a youngster. it was kind of exciting to see such a young prospect. but those years have gone and iv moved on. and some others should do the same.
I'm ok with people not liking Del Piero. It would be childish to have a problem with that. What I'm not ok with however, is that people on this forum act as if you can only be objective by bashing Ale.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
It might be different at this time of the year Seven, and the reason is the off-season. The season will soon start and more reasonable football discussion will arise. I know you had a hard time arguing about Del Piero, but I am sure at the same time you enjoyed it and it was just for the good of you (the more you argue the more it imprves your reasoning; provided that the one you are arguin with is not an IDIOT).

You told me last night that you will keep on reading but will not be posting. If you are to do that, I can only see you attracted to the discussion and will be posting again.

Take it easy, and don't take things too seriously.
I am attracted to the discussion, but not the same discussion over and over again. If I am to post something about, let's say, Ibrahimovic, someone like Andy is bound to start a discussion about Del Piero.

And all that talk about Claire, Emma and Bürke. That's all bullshit for crying out loud. The forum is infested by it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I am attracted to the discussion, but not the same discussion over and over again. If I am to post something about, let's say, Ibrahimovic, someone like Andy is bound to start a discussion about Del Piero.
The Del Piero discussion was the major one taking place on the forum during the last season, that I was aware of because it was the first season I follow on this forum. Other interesting fiscussions took place. The season was over and unfortunately that discussion survived. It will obviously feel repetitive as it is being discussed over and over again and with the season being on rest, no new arguments can arise.

I will choose different terms now because I got bored of old ones. There is no more Del Piero lovers and Del Piero haters or bashers.

The Del Piero supporters (new word) react the same way as you mentioned, here's how. If a 'bored of Del Piero' (also new) fan mentions a remark on the player, the 'blind' supprters (most of them but not you, Stuart nor Shadowfax to name some remarkable ones) will feel an urge to bash Zlatan. This will get no one nowhere.

The same thing is happening on the otherend, if someone mentions a remark on Zlatan, a group feel the urge to bash Del Piero.

The discussion comes to the edge of the funnel and one asks himself (or herself), is it really a Del Piero vs. Zlatan situation? I always thought these two are on the same team. But then again if one looks at the sitauation differently, the problem seems to stem from another place. Lippi had Del Piero as his personal favourite (even at the times where he did not perform) and Capello has Zlatan as his personal favourite (on the expense of Del Piero).

I understand your frustration, I understand your anger and all I can advice you is to take it easy, the season is soon to start and only the pitch will produce new discussions. Your arguments (even though you are a tough debator) are interesting.

And all that talk about Claire, Emma and Bürke. That's all bullshit for crying out loud. The forum is infested by it.
That other discussion can be easily ignored, it is simple to scroll and look for something else, don't let it be in the way.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

do I look much more amusing(not boring) to you ,having the different way of thinking from you, in the case "DEL PIERO"?????
:wallbang:

Did you really understand what she said??

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Perhaps you're right Jeeks. I'm probably not going to post much for a while now, but when the season starts things might go better. If I see some serious discussions I'll probably participate in them.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

I'm ok with people not liking Del Piero. It would be childish to have a problem with that. What I'm not ok with however, is that people on this forum act as if you can only be objective by bashing Ale.
Yeah and it's so fvcking annoying. I admit that some DP supporters take it too far, way too far actually, but people act as if there is no such thing as an objective fan of Del Piero. If you cannot accept that Alex is still a quality player with a lot to offer then you are the one being subjective towards the matter. Is he consistent? No. Is he as fit as let's say Ibrahimovic? No. But is he still a valuable asset to Juventus FC, on and off the pitch? Definitely so.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Del Piero set for Azzurri recall
Thursday 11 August, 2005

Juventus’ Alessandro Del Piero looks likely to be included in Italy’s squad for next week’s friendly against the Republic of Ireland.

The club captain hasn’t appeared for the national side in the past 11 months, but whispers suggest he will be selected for Wednesday’s Dublin test.

Boss Marcello Lippi is understood to have been impressed with Del Piero’s pre-season form, he netted twice against Roma in midweek, and his name is expected to be in Sunday’s squad list.

Del Piero will be eager to prove a point to his former Bianconeri Coach after becoming a fringe player over the last year for his country.

The attacker has only played in one of Lippi’s 12 games in charge, back on September 8 when he netted the only goal of the game in Moldova.

Del Piero has openly admitted that he wants to be a part of the 2006 World Cup squad but he faces a tough battle.

Lippi hasn’t hidden his admiration for the Roma duo of Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti, players who could cost Del Piero his place in Germany.

The tactician is expected to select a ‘strong’ squad for the Ireland game, including Christian Vieri of Milan and Fiorentina’s Luca Toni.

Palermo’s Fabio Grosso should also get the call as Juventus’ reserve left-back Giorgio Chiellini is unavailable after fracturing his nose.

Udinese goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis and shot-stopper Flavio Roma of Monaco are being tipped to join first choice ‘keeper Gigi Buffon on the trip.

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)