Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (51 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Conte probably had a lot to do with it aswell, he was in an unprecedented position of power at the time after bringing us back to winning ways in that first season so i think it’s actually not that far fetched at all to suspect that he probably still had his feelings hurt by the fact he was stripped of the armband in their playing days....

Perhaps he worked behind the scenes on getting him out by convincing the board that ADP wasn’t a good fit to his system or not physically up to what he demands in his training routines anymore, heck he might’ve even blinded everyone that it was the perfect time to part ways with him on a high because they were starting a new cycle and bla bla.

I think one thing we can assume for sure here is that Conte did have some sort of an influence in his departure regardless of who eventually made the final decision to cut all ties in the end.
Conte not seeing him as part of the system is plausible but his retirement/departure was confirmed during the season if I remember correctly not after we had won the title. Conte would not have had that unprecedented position of power yet. He probably would have been perceived as a very promising coach who brought us back to challenging ways. And even after winning, Conte did not have an insane level of power he actually left the club because he didnt get what we wants in the transfer market. If he was all powerful they would have caved to his demands.

I agree with you that Conte probably agreed with the decision and influenced it somehow but the decision probably came from a higher place. Judging by how DP never returned to Turin since then, its very likely that the culprit is the genius in charge of the super league hilarity, not Conte who also doesn't get along with said genius (probably). At the very least, the genius approved of how things went down with DP & Conte.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I get your point but i did kind of mentioned it in "winning ways" as in for example shortly after mid-season let's say Conte already had a strong enough word/view on who he will play and who not, doubt the board wasn't already convinced enough of his capabilities to take his assesments serious even before the Scudetto was won..

Did also a follow-up post to that where i think i've detailed it a bit better on what i think the most likely scenario might've been behind the scenes.

Conte probably pushed for it while Agnelli & co obviously facilitated it.

Most likely pushed for it by not guaranteeing ADP any decent playing time while also making him seem as an misfit both physically and tactically to Agnelli/management whom eventually facilitated the divorce without intervening in any way over the coach's assessment... IMO everyone at the time believed in Conte's system so truth be told i doubt anyone would contradict him over tactical decisions or the way he handled the players at his disposal, especially even more so after making us look again relevant as a team.

The disrespect and lack of support from Agnelli & co at the time is what probably kept Del Piero away for this long, while in all fairness there's also the emotional factor that could also be playing a big part in him not attending any games at the J stadium ever since.

Anyway, it's just speculation afterall, IMO it's likely a bit of everything if we look at it without bias, however what i believe everyone can agree on is that both Agnelli and Conte had an important say in his departure at the time, while one probably weighted more on it than the other.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think it was a perfect goodbye.

Totti had a perfect goodbye. The opportunity to say a speech etc

A lap of honour is not enough for a legend like Del Piero.

- - - Updated - - -

The massive jersey on the field, all the players and family there in one moment to say goodbye etc that's a perfect goodbye not the shit Alex got. He has basically been shut out since he stepped off the field.
One thing about Totti he came back to Roma in a director role and it didn´t work out. He´s had an odd relationship with the club ever since.

In Del Piero´s case I kinda want him to keep that unblemished image as a Juve legend. If he comes back I rather want him as an ambassador or something who just does some marketing tours and shows up at games once in a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)