Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (36 Viewers)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I think Raul began with Atletico before moving to Real Madrid. Raul's career is over too, I guess. You only think DP is finished because 100% of your football knowledge comes from what other people say on tv and in magazine articles. Watch a damn match and you will see a DP with much class and much to offer Juventus.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Andy, my post was not really directed at you, but since I have seen 100% of our matches this season, I would say to you that DP has played like crap in only 1 match, vs. Milan, and in MOST of the matches he has been outstanding. Perhaps not like DP of old but among the best 3 players on the field.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Andy, my post was not really directed at you, but since I have seen 100% of our matches this season, I would say to you that DP has played like crap in only 1 match, vs. Milan, and in MOST of the matches he has been outstanding. Perhaps not like DP of old but among the best 3 players on the field.
You're being sarcastic right? :eek:

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Why should it be the beggining of the end of Del Piero for Juventus, It might be the beggining of a new era at Juve, because the past era was like it or not was the Lippi and DP era. Now Del Piero might not be as fundemental as he used to be, but he still has a lot to offer, I mean he played well all this season.
How can you guys call be people unfaithful fans when they want a player who has a lot to offer for the club to leave. How can depth in attack be harmful and believe me a team that doesnt have an experienced forward at their disposal is useless. How harmful will it be if we have a back up forward who would bag a couple of goals and will help the team psycalogicaly. We all saw yesterday how emerson reacted when he scored, he ran straight to Il capitano.
And dont give me the BS me that DP wont be happy as a second string attacker, why do you care how he feels if the team is the most important thing.
A Del Pieroless Juve will suffer believe me, it would be a transitional phase, with all new faces, with no symbol yet.
Give the guy a break he served the club for so long and had been the perfect professional and a great captain all these years. He was always a Juventino at heart, and never betrayed the club even when everyone wanted to sighn him.
Why not ADP, Mutu, Trez and Zlatan, How bad will that be.

BTW I still cant comprehend how you call people who defend their captain as unfaithful fans, while you endlessly attack the captain and the man who served us for so long. What makes you better.:groan:

Krister

Jan 17, 2005
A Juve without Del Piero will be boring juve. We need some players that can do something spetacular now and than. Camoranesi is great. Nedved this year is only 60 %.Agree? hmm? He? Sell Trez

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I think what should really make us reflect is the fact that yesterday Capello preferred a 50% Trezeguet rather than a 100% Del Piero. Says alot about what Capello thinks of Del Piero.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

You're being sarcastic right? :eek:

Blow me.

I am so sick of the assholes, who since 1998 alternate between "DP is back" and "DP is finished" based on the performance in one or two matches. I like Trezeguet and would not want to see Trez benched, but all he does is show up for 60 seconds during a 90 minute match and score a goal - which is great. But, DP does more for his team in 5 minutes than Trez does during 90.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Krister ] ++
A Juve without Del Piero will be boring juve. We need some players that can do something spetacular now and than. Camoranesi is great. Nedved this year is only 60 %.Agree? hmm? He? Sell Trez

whats excite u really?..him doing something spectacular or the idea of him would do something spectacular?...

coz by now he dont do anything spectacular anymore and i already cant realistically think he would....

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Padovano I agree that Trez vanished for like 89 minutes of the game, but the only one minute we see him do something he does it well most of the time. DP is too inconsistent to play from the start, better off as a sub where he can give his best in the final minutes like Recoba does at Inter.

Btw just out of curiosity, is there an 'Ivy the Scorpio' around here? :D

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

What sort of fan are you to say either?
Saying that Del Piero is Juventus means that Del Piero without Juve would be nothing, while saying that Juventus is Del Piero means that without Del piero Juve are nothing. At least thats what I understood from his statement.

So You would be a true fan by saying dp is juve and a dp fan to say the opposite.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

whats excite u really?..him doing something spectacular or the idea of him would do something spectacular?...

coz by now he dont do anything spectacular anymore and i already cant realistically think he would....
Actually other than Buffon nobody does anything spectacular anymore for Juve.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
...and Camoranesi too but other than those two no one does any fancy things.

But then again we all know that this team is not built to show any spectacular things, but it's a team built to try and win trophies.

Unfortunately we don't have Milan's players to combine both things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)