Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (42 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Alex praising Il Papu Gomez

Gomez: ''I'm embarrassed talking to you because you're my idol since I was a kid and I watched Italian football to see you.''

[video=dailymotion;x5mkd87]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5mkd87_papu-gomez-a-del-piero-sei-un-mio-idolo-da-quando-ero-piccolo-guardavo-il-calcio-italiano-per-vedere_sport[/video]

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The club picked Nedved and Trez, why not DP? Do Agnelli and DP not get along?
Del Piero left Juve disappointed and no one can deny that. Conte's treatment was awful and what's even more disrespectful is replacing him by Anelka, Matri and Bendtner when he wanted to stay for one more season and was ready to sign a fvcking blank contract but Conte wanted to show there's no special treatment and he was just lucky because he was apparently dealing with the classiest player ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Gomez: ''I'm embarrassed talking to you because you're my idol since I was a kid and I watched Italian football to see you.''

[video=dailymotion;x5mkd87]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5mkd87_papu-gomez-a-del-piero-sei-un-mio-idolo-da-quando-ero-piccolo-guardavo-il-calcio-italiano-per-vedere_sport[/video]
Now Papu is officially a likable person. :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
conte is everything that is wrong with the world.
Apart from the way he left Juve, the way he dealt with Del Piero was seriously low and as much as I loved him as a player he threw that away easily and obviously not only to me to most fans I assume.

These were the strikers after Del Piero was somehow pushed away: (Vucinic, Quag, Matri, Anelka, Bendtner) :D :D :D

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Del Piero left Juve disappointed and no one can deny that. Conte's treatment was awful and what's even more disrespectful is replacing him by Anelka, Matri and Bendtner when he wanted to stay for one more season and was ready to sign a fvcking blank contract but Conte wanted to show there's no special treatment and he was just lucky because he was apparently dealing with the classiest player ever.
Same shit Lippi do to Baggio, but atleast he switch Baggio to another great player.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Same shit Lippi do to Baggio, but atleast he switch Baggio to another great player.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
That's the point even though Baggio didn't serve almost 20 years and wasn't the first player to commit himself to stay with Juve in serie b. That alone, is .... I don't know what you call it.

You push Dp out against his wish, okay, but who's replacing him? Anelka and Bendtner? That was low, Dp at 44 years old could do more than both combined.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Apart from the way he left Juve, the way he dealt with Del Piero was seriously low and as much as I loved him as a player he threw that away easily and obviously not only to me to most fans I assume.

These were the strikers after Del Piero was somehow pushed away: (Vucinic, Quag, Matri, Anelka, Bendtner) :D :D :D
Yeah, but that apart part is all about his personality and him as a person. Filthy, rotting, egomaniac...

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010

Should sign

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
He was interviewed in Gazzetta today.

About his memories of playing Real Madrid and Zidane: http://www.football-italia.net/103464/del-piero-‘madrid-career-highlight’

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero reflects on his matches against Real Madrid, including his standing ovation at the Bernabeu.

The Bianconeri take on the Spanish champions in the Champions League final this Saturday, and the former striker reflected on his meetings with them in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

“How many times did I play Juve-Real in my head as a kid?” Del Piero considered.

“Many times, I assure you. Real Madrid are 'the team’, like Brazil, like the Lakers. Real Madrid and Juventus. The best.

“At first I remember them as the club which beat the Italians, before [Arrigo] Sacchi’s Milan came along.

“Then they beat us too. But we came back. And I hope on Saturday another beautiful Bianconeri page can be written.

“Three highlights from facing them? Standing ovation, standing ovation, standing ovation. That night at the Bernabeu was one of the biggest emotions of my career.

“But also the scream of the Delle Alpi when we beat Real in the semi-final in 2003. I’ve never heard such a strong one.

“The 1998 final? Every lost final is a wound. Of course it burned so much. Our Juve was an incredible team, probably at the top of our cycle.”

Del Piero was also asked if he expected Zinedine Zidane to move into Coaching.

“Now it’s easy to say yes. Of course as a friend I’m not impartial, I really like Zizou as a man first and then as a professional.

“All I can say is that someone who thinks about football has he does must have great ideas. What’s convinced me more about him though is how he has adapted, knowing the team well in the 'Real mode’.

“I mean how he coaches a group of extraordinary champions, great soloists.

“It’s the ability to know how to adapt to the type of team you’re coaching, the relationship he has established with the champions.

“He has the ability to almost stay in the margins at times - he, who was an absolute star on the pitch, a phenomenon - but be credible and authoritative in his choices.

“He reminds me of Ancelotti a bit, and I think he was inspired by Carlo too.”

About our CL record and how winning would crown the comeback from Serie B: http://www.football-italia.net/103465/del-piero-‘juventus-not-cursed’

lessandro Del Piero insists Juventus aren’t cursed in Champions League finals - “for players there’s no such thing”.

The Bianconeri have won the competition twice, but have also lost six finals, including their last four in a row.

“Curses don’t exist for players, not for anyone who will go onto that pitch,” Del Piero insisted, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“In Berlin in 2006, all of us were coming off disappointments, finals lost on penalties or in the last minute, but no-one thought about that.

“You just think about winning, that it’s your time. And I really hope it will be.”

The Juve legend was then asked if he thinks the current side is stronger than the one which lost to Barcelona in 2015.

“In my opinion they aren’t more or less strong. That Juventus had a midfield on Barcelona’s level which spoke for itself: [Andrea] Pirlo, [Arturo] Vidal, [Claudio] Marchisio, [Paul] Pogba.

“The point is the level of maturity, how aware they are of their strength and how they can use it on the pitch. I think today Juve are more mature and more aware.

“They play a very 'European’ game, a way of being on the pitch which every player feels is his. In short, they believe.

“As for Real, I don’t think they’re inferior to that Barcelona, they’re a very strong team and for that season it will be hard.

“Three reasons to believe? [Gigi] Buffon, [Giorgio] Chiellini, [Claudio] Marchisio. Three lads, three teammates, three friends.

“Here are the three reasons. They were in Serie B, they have to complete the work. For Juve, for all the fans, for all of us who were there then.

“For me it has a sense of everything, or almost everything.

“You can’t make comparisons between different eras, not in a team which has always had legendary champions.

“But what’s certain is that if Juve win this trophy after the six Scudetti, they’ll have done something legendary and rewritten the history of the club.

“Maybe the main merit of everyone is that they’ve always believed firmly and without doubt in being Juve, in the DNA of this team and this club, in the fact that even in difficult moments Juve was always Juve and would get back there. And that’s what happened.”

About the game itself and Allegri: http://www.football-italia.net/103466/‘no-favourites-cl-final’

There are “no favourites” in Saturday’s Champions League final, according to Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero.

The Bianconeri face Real Madrid in Cardiff this weekend, as they look to lift the trophy for the first time since 1996, when Pinturicchio was in the side.

“There are no favourites, not even a little,” Del Piero said in his interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I think they think that in Madrid too. Juventus won’t go all-out attack, they’ll accept defending - for strategy, not to limit themselves - and find the right moment to unleash their attacking potential without losing balance.

“It’s a huge credit to [Coach Massimiliano] Allegri over these years, particularly this season he’s creating a masterpiece, in my opinion.

“If we’re talking about tactics then certainly Allegri’s 4-2-3-1 - like [Marcello] Lippi’s 4-3-3 in the Champions League in Rome - has been decisive.

“It’s enough to see how everyone sacrifices and how the collective raises the quality of the individual.

“That’s why I say Allegri has created a masterpiece, the mentality matters more than the system.”

Gianluigi Buffon has never managed to win the Champions League, if he lifts that could he also get the Ballon d’Or?

“The Ballon d’Or is great and I’d be happy if Gigi won it, but it means nothing compared to the Champions League.

“I hope Gigi raises that trophy, then we’ll see about the rest.”

Del Piero was also asked about his former teammate Francesco Totti, who said goodbye to Roma at the weekend after 25 years in the first team.

“There are so many things that could be said,” the World Cup winner replied.

“But in the face of what happened with Francesco on Sunday, which reminded me of the emotions of six [five] years ago at Juventus Stadium, I don’t think I need to say anything.”

Finally, Del Piero was asked where he would have fit into the current Juve system.

“I don’t know, but I’ll tell you where I’d play now: ready to kick a nice free-kick, maybe a decisive one.

“Are they keeping the number 10 free for me in Cardiff? Yes, that’s right. Incidentally I’ve bought a plane ticket to Cardiff. I’m even available to stand in the stands this time.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)