Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (37 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
if i told you how much i pay in taxes you would pass out
If you don't drink, if you don't smoke weed, if you don't go to night/strip clubs, and single, then come to Saudi Arabia or go to Qatar. Your skills are very much needed in here, let alone being an European which will help gain a lot of money, and even do your own business later. No taxes and petrol cheaper than water are the only reasons why I'm still here :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If you don't drink, if you don't smoke weed, if you don't go to night/strip clubs, and single, then come to Saudi Arabia or go to Qatar. Your skills are very much needed in here, let alone being an European which will help gain a lot of money, and even do your own business later. No taxes and petrol cheaper than water are the only reasons why I'm still here :p
why would i want to live there?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's one of those liberal things that makes you feel you're a good person when you do it :p
no, it makes me feel like i live in a society that functions well and makes it a nice place to live for me

i don't know about you, but the environment i live in affects me. if the street is full of potholes and there's trash everywhere and there's never a bus on time i don't feel happy

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
no, it makes me feel like i live in a society that functions well and makes it a nice place to live for me

i don't know about you, but the environment i live in affects me. if the street is full of potholes and there's trash everywhere and there's never a bus on time i don't feel happy
I'd prefer living here where I don't pay taxes, and the streets are one of the safest in the world, the cities are extremely clean, and transportation is never a problem because of the excellent roads, the cheap petrol and if you live in dubai where there's a semi decent public transport system, it's always on time. :p

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'd prefer living here where I don't pay taxes, and the streets are one of the safest in the world, the cities are extremely clean, and transportation is never a problem because of the excellent roads, the cheap petrol and if you live in dubai where there's a semi decent public transport system, it's always on time. :p
But that model doesn't really work in any place not drowning in oil :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But that model doesn't really work in any place not drowning in oil :p
Yes I know. That's why I worded my response to Martin the way I did. Notice how the post started by : "I'd prefer living here because...." instead of this model is better than that one. :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
and all the fancy buildings are built by borderline slave labor? no thanks

it's the whole society that matters, not one city or one neighborhood

that may be your dream society. it's not my dream society

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
and all the fancy buildings are built by borderline slave labor? no thanks

it's the whole society that matters, not one city or one neighborhood

that may be your dream society. it's not my dream society
Get off the moral high horse. The very foundation of your countries were built on imperialism and slave trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)